Will Anduin serve the Old Gods?

General Discussion
I feel that with the recent explosion of "jaina/Sylvanas/female x is serving the old gods" fan theories going on and with the semi confirmation that some of the whispers that Il'gynoth says in the EN raid, I feel that there is one that is left out and hasn't seen development.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

The one with Anduin. This one hasn't gotten enough attention lately because of the lack of hints that have been dropping lately unlike the other whispers. There really hasn't been any hints of the "three lies" that he has done and the only thing anduin did lately is the patch 7.2 cinematic and the comics show that he grow up as an old man fighting the void, not serving it. How was this whisper made if there were no evidence to back it up? Was it a lie that the Old Gods did the create confusion and distrust or it was a random theory tease that blizzard later abandoned?
Anduin can't even serve Jaina.
07/15/2017 06:46 PMPosted by Dirona
Was it a lie that the Old Gods did the create confusion and distrust or it was a random theory tease that blizzard later abandoned?

We'll just have to wait and see. The truth of the remarks of the Old Gods and their minions is highly inconsistent and likely deliberately so. It's possible it's a hint, as the comment that probably pertains to Jaina may be, but it could also just be a distraction on the part of Blizzard, or random Old God shenanigans.
What a wonderful twist it would be if Anduin turns out to be the bad guy instead of Jaina in the end. What a heel turn that would be.
07/15/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Sanngrior

Anduin doesnt serve women.
Its like you guys are trying to find the hidden meaning in a Gilligan's Island episode.
07/15/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Blakebone
07/15/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Sanngrior

Nope. They serve him.
I'm gonna say something happens where Anduin will need to use shadow magic to save people, then the Void Lord shadow influence he used starts to take control of him as he slowly combats with his madness. Much more interesting than the good character that never does any wrong.
Also anyone else want a mad king kind of story ? I personally just love those.
Why are you taking anything an Old God, or Old God minion, is saying at face value?
07/15/2017 06:46 PMPosted by Dirona
The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

They have comics which show him as a MUCH older man. And he's still fighting for the Light. So no, he WONT be serving the Old Gods ... unless its serving them the power of the Light with the intention to destroy them.

Besides .... you're going to trust anything a Demon, Old God, etc etc, tells you?
Has it occurred to you that the old gods and their allies might be... lying?
That they might be trying to sow discord?
Or that they might even be talking about someone else entirely?
07/15/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Mokkun
Has it occurred to you that the old gods and their allies might be... lying?
That they might be trying to sow discord?
Or that they might even be talking about someone else entirely?

Who else is the boy king?

Anyone?
07/15/2017 07:21 PMPosted by Dreanias
Who else is the boy king?

The next closest example I can think of would be Wrathion. He is a "boy" among his kind, and being of lineage to the Earthwarder, he could very well be considered a "King".

However ... its probably just trying to deceive everyone.
07/15/2017 06:55 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
07/15/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Blakebone

Nope. They serve him.

Most of them are pandaren :P.
07/15/2017 07:24 PMPosted by Smitenhealz
The next closest example I can think of would be Wrathion. He is a "boy" among his kind, and being of lineage to the Earthwarder, he could very well be considered a "King".

Wrathion's title is "The Black Prince." So, he's not really a king.

That line is clearly referencing Anduin, but it doesn't really say what Anduin is doing wrong, if anything, other than he's lying about something unspecified.

For all we know, the old gods could be the ones lying, or Anduin could actually be lying about something just to be able to do something good. It really makes no difference; Anduin, Tyrande and Velen are literally the most trustworthy characters in the whole game. They rarely have hidden agendas, and their only true goal is to be a paragon for their people. I'd take their word any time over an old god.
Let's say Anduin IS lying about something (hypothetically)...

What could it be?
He's gay, he likes Wrathion, he's planning to use the old gods power to defeat the Legion?

I still trust him either way.
07/15/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Wÿvern
He's gay, he likes Wrathion

This isn't much of a dark secret if we all already knew it.
He's the prophesied savior of the universe and Blizzard already showed him being all old and stuff.

Nothing interesting is going to happen to him.