Disability - SPriest an option?

General Discussion
Hello,

Due to a minor disability with my hands, I am looking for a relatively low actions-per-minute, easy rotation option for PvE play. I almost exclusively play solo PvE, no PvP at all. I may want to try some world bosses and world quests at 110.

Some folks have suggested a Shadow Priest as a possibility. But when I look even at the Easy Mode guide on Icy Veins, there seem to be a bunch of abilities to keep track of in the rotation. Is that not really the case? Here's what it lists:

4. Basic Rotation
Keep Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch applied to all targets.
Cast Mind Blast whenever available to generate Insanity.
Cast Mind Flay to generate Insanity.
Cast Void Eruption at 100 Insanity.
Cast Void Bolt whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Shadow Word: Death whenever available and Void Bolt is on cooldown in Voidform.
Cast Mind Blast whenever available and Void Bolt is on cooldown in Voidform.
Cast Void Torrent whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Mindbender whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Shadowfiend whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Mind Flay on when there is nothing else to cast in Voidform.

Thanks for any advice!
here's a novel idea:

Try it out for yourself and see for yourself.
if u want easy mode play mage or balance
My spriest is only 100 and I haven't really messed with her this expansion, but for a caster I enjoy the arcane mage. I think there are a lot less buttons to push, and not as much situational stuff.
Based on my experience with Shadow Priests earlier in this expansion, they're one of the more mechanically demanding classes because when you get to high Voidform stacks you hit that 0.75 second GCD cap and most of your casted spells do, too. Other classes tend not to get so much haste.

Might have changed since then, though. From what I've heard Surrender to Madness is no longer a good talent.
I have arthritis in both hands. I played a shadow priest mainly and it is easy on the hands. I also heal with her using macros and healbot. I have also played mages and they are fine on the hands pain wise.

Try both and see what works best for you. I also use compression gloves when playing.
07/02/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Infernastorm
here's a novel idea:

Try it out for yourself and see for yourself.

Why are so many of you guys toxic? They just want some recommendations/clarification, there's really no reason to be rude. It's a sensible question.
If I'm not mistaken about your first thread, only one person suggested Shadow, and most disagreed with it being low APM.

And I will too. I'll admit I haven't played very many classes in Legion, but I wouldn't say Shadow is a relaxed spec. Haste is your favourite stat, Voidform multiplies it to even greater amounts, the majority of your spells are 1.5 sec or shorter except your lowest priority spell which you will cancel if anything else comes up, and your 1 min cd Void Torrent... you are going to be pressing something almost every GCD, and very rarely will it be the same button twice in a row.

Not to mention with the lack of real AoE, you'll frequently have to target multiple mobs to multi-DOT. If you want to kill 5 critters, you'll be spending 5 GCDs.
OK, thanks guys! Hmm. I know BM Hunter is the easy answer, but I've played Hunter on and off since Vanilla, and I'm really looking for a change. SPriest just seems like such a different and interesting route to take. Is that Easy Mode rotation I listed correct for world PvE? Can some of it possibly be avoided with passive talents? I've also been told that Arms Warrior and Assassination Rogue may be good options. I can't play a Warlock, they're too creepy! :P
Since you said you mostly solo PvE...

If you want to play ranged DPS then the easiest is marksman hunter. Very simple rotation, good damage, reasonable escape mechanics. Should be easy on the hands. Alternatively if you don't mind tracking 2 dots that last a long time, try the affliction warlock. If you set it up right, it can be as simple as two buttons you press once every 10 secs, 1 button as a spender, and a forth as a OMFG I am bored filler.

If you don't mind melee, then roll either a Bear or a prot warrior. Both have very simple rotations, the bears massive health and the warriors base defence means for solo PvE you wont really need their mitigations so much (easier on hands).

But with the new try a toon at 100 option in the character select screen, give things a try.
07/02/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Avoilla
If I'm not mistaken about your first thread, only one person suggested Shadow, and most disagreed with it being low APM.

[/quote]

Yeah, but I posted in a different forum and SPriest came up again. I guess I'm a bit stuck on it because it seems interesting and unlike any class I've played before.
07/02/2017 03:40 PMPosted by Walderson
Hello,

Due to a minor disability with my hands, I am looking for a relatively low actions-per-minute, easy rotation option for PvE play. I almost exclusively play solo PvE, no PvP at all. I may want to try some world bosses and world quests at 110.

Some folks have suggested a Shadow Priest as a possibility. But when I look even at the Easy Mode guide on Icy Veins, there seem to be a bunch of abilities to keep track of in the rotation. Is that not really the case? Here's what it lists:

4. Basic Rotation
Keep Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch applied to all targets.
Cast Mind Blast whenever available to generate Insanity.
Cast Mind Flay to generate Insanity.
Cast Void Eruption at 100 Insanity.
Cast Void Bolt whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Shadow Word: Death whenever available and Void Bolt is on cooldown in Voidform.
Cast Mind Blast whenever available and Void Bolt is on cooldown in Voidform.
Cast Void Torrent whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Mindbender whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Shadowfiend whenever available in Voidform.
Cast Mind Flay on when there is nothing else to cast in Voidform.

Thanks for any advice!

In my personal opinion any class/spec that goes after haste to really increase its throughput is going to be problematic as the rotation will speed up as you gear.

At lower gear/haste levels shadow priest is totally manageable but if you are itemizing correctly it gets pretty fast paced.

If you're looking for a caster I would suggest Arcane mage.
07/02/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Walderson
OK, thanks guys! Hmm. I know BM Hunter is the easy answer, but I've played Hunter on and off since Vanilla, and I'm really looking for a change. SPriest just seems like such a different and interesting route to take. Is that Easy Mode rotation I listed correct for world PvE? Can some of it possibly be avoided with passive talents? I've also been told that Arms Warrior and Assassination Rogue may be good options. I can't play a Warlock, they're too creepy! :P

If you're not interested in raiding and whatnot, try a tank. They have very simple rotations and can survive just about any type of world content.
If you have a mouse with a lot of buttons, that may help a bit. I dont know what kind of disabilities you have (not gonna pry), but a mouse with 2-3 extra buttons can go a long way if you map abilities to it. If you can work with that, it may broaden your options a bit
07/02/2017 03:58 PMPosted by Pinchwhistle
Since you said you mostly solo PvE...

If you want to play ranged DPS then the easiest is marksman hunter. Very simple rotation, good damage, reasonable escape mechanics. Should be easy on the hands. Alternatively if you don't mind tracking 2 dots that last a long time, try the affliction warlock. If you set it up right, it can be as simple as two buttons you press once every 10 secs, 1 button as a spender, and a forth as a OMFG I am bored filler.

If you don't mind melee, then roll either a Bear or a prot warrior. Both have very simple rotations, the bears massive health and the warriors base defence means for solo PvE you wont really need their mitigations so much (easier on hands).

But with the new try a toon at 100 option in the character select screen, give things a try.

OK, thanks for the help! I did post in the Druid forums, and the general consensus was that Bear DPS might be too low to be practical in solo PvE. I was afraid the same might be true with Prot Warrior. IDK, most of my experience is with Hunter.
Don't play shadow if you have issues with your hands. If you can't keep up with your abilities and alter your rotation on the fly during high stacks of voidform you're going to be a very bad shadow priest. It's not as insane as it was when S2M was super overpowered, but its still similar.
07/02/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Ibage
If you have a mouse with a lot of buttons, that may help a bit. I dont know what kind of disabilities you have (not gonna pry), but a mouse with 2-3 extra buttons can go a long way if you map abilities to it. If you can work with that, it may broaden your options a bit

I've tried a gaming mouse. Unfortunately, the extra, small buttons just make things more difficult. Thank you, though!
If you try the level 100 trial thing, can you pick which spec you want to use? Or does it lock you into a single DPS spec? Thanks for all the help, guys! Not going to give up until I find something that works for me.
Destruction Warlock has very few buttons. Shadow Priest has 8.
07/02/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Walderson
07/02/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Ibage

I've tried a gaming mouse. Unfortunately, the extra, small buttons just make things more difficult. Thank you, though!

Im not talking like a gaming mouse. I mean one with the forward/back buttons on the side and clickable scroll wheel. It helps tremendously.