Blizzard should show upvotes AND downvotes

General Discussion
What you should do is add downvotes back but display both, don't let them cancel each other out.
no
As much as I love(d) gleefully downvoting obvious contrarians and Blizz lickspittles, the system was better when you could vote on a post but the number tally wasn't displayed. Back then a post had to be extraordinarily good/bad to be highlighted/buried, and it wasn't such an obvious contest when you could see the "score" right there in front of you. Made it easier to vote with your actual feelings.
07/12/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Khurgun
As much as I love(d) gleefully downvoting obvious contrarians and Blizz lickspittles, the system was better when you could vote on a post but the number tally wasn't displayed. Back then a post had to be extraordinarily good/bad to be highlighted/buried, and it wasn't such an obvious contest when you could see the "score" right there in front of you. Made it easier to vote with your actual feelings.

i wouldn't be apposed to that, seems like it would actually do it's purpose.
They really should.

They used to, problem is you had to hover over the rating to see the actual count of both kinds of votes. They really should have just shown both at a glance.

There is a massive difference between a post with two likes and no dislikes, and a post with 102 likes and 100 dislikes. The first was an (arguably) good post that few people saw, and the second is a controversial post that merits discussion from everyone.
07/12/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Manabender
They really should.

They used to, problem is you had to hover over the rating to see the actual count of both kinds of votes. They really should have just shown both at a glance.

There is a massive difference between a post with two likes and no dislikes, and a post with 102 likes and 100 dislikes. The first was an (arguably) good post that few people saw, and the second is a controversial post that merits discussion from everyone.
No, downvotes are gone and not coming back.

Facebook and many other players removed them for a reason. They are nothing but a toxic tool to be abused, and WILL be abused as soon as they return.
Agree. I always hated having to highlight over the thumb to see how many ups or downs it had.
07/12/2017 03:31 PMPosted by Neranthil

Facebook and many other players removed them for a reason. They are nothing but a toxic tool to be abused, and WILL be abused as soon as they return.

So does the upvote... in fact the whole vote system should be remove...

Agreed. There is a reason that most forums don't have them. Most don't have upvotes either, so Blizz might do well to get rid of those too.
The fact that there's a big argument on the up and downvoting of a forum seems rather ridiculous
07/12/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Wenwei

So does the upvote... in fact the whole vote system should be remove...

The problem is that the upvote/downvote system is a tool. Until the cancer that is troll poster is removed, the problem will always exist.
I'd like to see Blizzard remove likes too. I'm glad that the downvotes are gone because people can downvote for simply not liking the poster. A visitor on the forums will now have to actually put into words why he/she disagrees with the idea the poster wrote. This would promote a better environment for discussion.