Anyone enjoying the newfound discussions

General Discussion
Due to the removal of the dislike button I'm 110% positive that all of us here on the forums appreciate the unquestionable boom of thoughtful and intelligent discussion. No longer do we deal with nasty people disliking out posts without posting why and giving valuable feedback. Its not as if the people that would have posted feedback already did and disliking was a valuble means of social regulation to keep the community in line. Such talk is toxic and doesn't belong on the forum. /s
But seriously, what has been your experience so far with this change? I've seen trolling at an all time high and even worse grey area trolling (kind you cant exactly always tell it is trolling because it takes a vastly unpopular idea and propagates it) happening more frequently.
I'm basically...
(tired of) "Bring back downvotes!"
(leaning towards) "Remove Like as well!"
(interested in) "I beat BT, here's how!"
Pressing a dislike button does not remove trolling. Reporting the post does.

The pro-dislike brigade right now aren't accomplishing anything by artificially driving up the amount of troll posts aside from banning themselves.
The people in support of it say "it'll die down soon enough"

Unless they make a statement they're giving trolls a one month ban, I doubt it'll die down for quite some time.

I'm seeing obvious troll threads that are 15 hours old that are still up. "More Forum Moderation." Yeah. Sure.

So in short, while I understand their reasons, I don't think they fully thought this through.
This is a moment where the entire forum is experiencing heightened emotions. So I'm having a great time!
07/12/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Snowfox
(leaning towards) "Remove Like as well!"

but, the forums have gotten more entertaining to read, and since the inappropriate and toxic posts are now heavily upvoted, it means that those posts are what Blizzard wants to promote.
07/12/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Neranthil
Pressing a dislike button does not remove trolling. Reporting the post does.

The pro-dislike brigade right now aren't accomplishing anything by artificially driving up the amount of troll posts aside from banning themselves.

I think its disingenuous to suggest that people who are pro-dislike are intentionally trolling to prove their point. I'm sure some of them are, but I think the vast majority of people who are doing it were trolls from the beginning and are playing with a new way to troll.
07/12/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Taleren
Due to the removal of the dislike button I'm 110% positive that all of us here on the forums appreciate the unquestionable boom of thoughtful and intelligent discussion. No longer do we deal with nasty people disliking out posts without posting why and giving valuable feedback. Its not as if the people that would have posted feedback already did and disliking was a valuble means of social regulation to keep the community in line. Such talk is toxic and doesn't belong on the forum. /s
But seriously, what has been your experience so far with this change? I've seen trolling at an all time high and even worse grey area trolling (kind you cant exactly always tell it is trolling because it takes a vastly unpopular idea and propagates it) happening more frequently.

I'm sure the moderators are enjoying the influx of reported posts...:P
This crazed period wont last. It will subside eventually, be it a few days or a few weeks, and then the forums will go back to basically the way they were. Instead of troll posts being buried by dozens of downvotes, they'll get a smattering of upvotes before falling off front page as per usual.

The whole argument people are having over censorship and forcing positivity is wrong. The removal of the dislike button is nowhere near that big of a deal as people are making out to be. Give it time and I promise it wont make one lick of difference on the overall content of forum posts or the daily lives of forum posters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited for language by the Moderation Team. We understand that players can be very passionate about these topics, but posting clear and masked language is still a violation of the Code of Conduct.
If Blizzard had instead slowly phased out the downvote feature by introducing "bugs" into its functionality where it just wouldn't record properly on occasion (getting more and more frequent over time), people wouldn't be up in arms. The "dramatic" (read: noticeable) change is what prompted the current wave of trolling, as all new or changed things do.
07/12/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Taleren
I think its disingenuous to suggest that people who are pro-dislike are intentionally trolling to prove their point. I'm sure some of them are

All I said is that they are driving up the amount of troll posts. I never said every single pro-dislike poster is doing it. You yourself agree with me in your post that they are doing it.

You are ironically being disingenuous right now.
Blizzard removed downvotes, and suddenly my depression is cured! Thanks Blizzard!

Downvote.
07/12/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Dagrath
This is a moment where the entire forum is experiencing heightened emotions. So I'm having a great time!

Oh I know, baby.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
07/12/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Mandrel

Downvote.

Reported.
07/12/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Khadon
This crazed period wont last. It will subside eventually, be it a few days or a few weeks, and then the forums will go back to basically the way they were. Instead of troll posts being buried by dozens of downvotes, they'll get a smattering of upvotes before falling off front page as per usual.

The whole argument people are having over censorship and forcing positivity is a load of bull#$@!. The removal of the dislike button is nowhere near that big of a deal as people are making out to be. Give it time and I promise it wont make one lick of difference on the overall content of forum posts or the daily lives of forum posters.

That's not the argument that I am making while still being "pro-dislike". My argument is that liking a post does very little and that the removal of disliking made it so that social regulation is now not really possible. I mean think about it the like button isn't really useful anymore since it doesn't even bump the post, yet a comment that rips a post apart will draw more attention to it creating even more toxic behavior.
The removal of the dislike button is nowhere near that big of a deal as people are making out to be. Give it time and I promise it wont make one lick of difference on the overall content of forum posts or the daily lives of forum posters.

I agree.

Imagine a new player coming to the forums for the first time. They never knew the downvote button to begin with, and the lack of one will most likely not cause any of them to take pause. They will come in, ask a question, may get a few upvotes which can only really be seen as positive, and leave with a much better experience.
07/12/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Taleren

The whole argument people are having over censorship and forcing positivity is a load of bull#$@!. The removal of the dislike button is nowhere near that big of a deal as people are making out to be. Give it time and I promise it wont make one lick of difference on the overall content of forum posts or the daily lives of forum posters.

That's not the argument that I am making while still being "pro-dislike". My argument is that liking a post does very little and that the removal of disliking made it so that social regulation is now not really possible. I mean think about it the like button isn't really useful anymore since it doesn't even bump the post, yet a comment that rips a post apart will draw more attention to it creating even more toxic behavior.

I like it that way.

The Like button slowly become irrelevant.. more irrelevant..

Then one day it just disappears. I'm good with all that.
07/12/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Enthused
Reported.
Ugh, can we all please agree to at least not quote entire blocks of text constantly? Plznthnx.
07/12/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Neranthil
07/12/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Taleren
I think its disingenuous to suggest that people who are pro-dislike are intentionally trolling to prove their point. I'm sure some of them are

All I said is that they are driving up the amount of troll posts. I never said every single pro-dislike poster is doing it. You yourself agree with me in your post that they are doing it.

You are ironically being disingenuous right now.

I'm sorry if you feel that I was calling you out. But to me your original post made me think that. My bad. But I still think that only a small handfull of "pro-dislikers" are intentionally trolling to prove their point. Which we can both agree on.