Auto Remove Non Participating Players In LFR

General Discussion
And if they reduce LFR damage you little anti-lfr bashers have an even BIGGER excuse to say "its for losers, its for trash players, it needs to be removed".

Yeah ... the goal of people like bestmagecn and the OP is QUITE obvious.

They want an excuse to destroy LFR.

Now like I said, I do support removing people truly AFK from LFR. But, the second you set mandatory system required "minimums" you create a slippery slope of "we need to increase the minimum blizzard!" being pushed. And if Blizzard listened, eventually the minimum would be so high that nobody could do LFR.

So yes ... asking for system mandated minimums is a slippery slope that benefits nobody who use it.
07/02/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Smitenhealz
I would support auto-kick for AFK. But ... it opens a potentially scary door.

When people start asking for the system to auto-kick healers if their HPS isn't above a minimum "magic" level, DPS if their DPS isn't above a minimum "magic" level, ANYONE if their item level isn't above a certain "magic" level.

If its strictly folks that the system flags as AFK ... fine.

But when most people talk about AFKers they're talking about people who are doing auto-attack or the bare minimum to squeak through. Ie they might as well be on /follow for how useful they are.

Also it runs into issues of a person dying early in a fight, system flags them as AFK and they're auto-booted.

I have to agree here. The issue is, computers are not smart enough to make that determination. Unless someone is obviously totally afk and not taking any actions at all (and they aren't dead). Computers are not sentient, and they can't make judgement calls. Not everyone is good at the game.
I'd be okay with a minimum performance requirement honestly.

Nothing like... 200k or anything.

More like 50-75k for DPS, just so if they're literally autoattacking or afk they won't make the cut, but literally any amount of attempted rotation, no matter how wrong/bad, would be enough.

If people die early to get exemption [because kicking people who died would be lame], it would be on the group to determine if they did it on purpose and to kick or not, much like deciding to kick the person autofollowing the healer or not today.
still cant understand how, me, sending npc to lfr affect you and destroy lfr in any way
07/02/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Bestmagecn
how, me, sending npc to lfr affect you and destroy lfr in any way

because that NPC would be in a real group, and it could affect THEIR performance.
07/02/2017 01:23 PMPosted by Skinwälker
In MoP they introduced proving grounds to filter bad players, but it wasn't that good because those that passed it could still easily afk or just auto attack.

No, the purpose of proving grounds in MoP was never to "filter bad players". It was an optional vanity achievement for people who wanted to strut their stuff.

It was in WoD that they copy-and-pasted proving grounds and turned it into a filter for heroic dungeons, but it became pointless after a few weeks when people got gear and began to outgear those dungeons.

I guess it did filter some players right out of the game, since there was so little content in the first place.
07/02/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Smitenhealz

because that NPC would be in a real group, and it could affect THEIR performance.

never done lfr archimonde with khadgar npc?
lfr guldan?

how does khadgar npc affect you?
07/02/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Soulofursoc
In MoP they introduced proving grounds to filter bad players, but it wasn't that good because those that passed it could still easily afk or just auto attack.

No, the purpose of proving grounds in MoP was never to "filter bad players". It was an optional vanity achievement for people who wanted to strut their stuff.

aight but in WoD it filtered bad players from Heroic dungeons.

You could tell, because doing a normal dungeon was about 3x harder and longer than doing Heroic because a bunch of bads were stuck in normal.
07/02/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Bestmagecn
never done lfr archimonde with khadgar npc?
lfr guldan?

They were also useless in the scale of things. So you're asking LFR groups to take what is essentially dead weight.

And the "send out follower for free loot" is the sort of thing that Blizzard said was a Bad Idea(tm) which is why they changed things in Legion so that the only gear you got from Class Hall Missions was for followers. The only other way to get gear was it opened up Quests which required YOU actively ran the dungeon / raid.

So you're wanting a Passive system for Loot.
07/02/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Soulofursoc

Yes, actually it was. You NEEDED the silver achievement in order to do LFR or heroic dungeons.
07/02/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Smitenhealz

They were also useless in the scale of things. So you're asking LFR groups to take what is essentially dead weight.

my god youre clueless, damage number can be easily changed

yes i want a passive loot, im passively afk alt tabbing in lfr anyway

and how does that affect you?
There is no way to track Afk in LFR. Too many variables.

Is someone is using a program which auto attacks every 10 secs or if the player is on /follow mode.

In my experience playing LFR (since dragon soul)...no one truly goes completely Afk.
They are kinda active but more like in some zombie mode.

But at the end of the day...it should not bother you. Instead you should be proud that you are skilled enough to carry bunch of freeloaders. I mean that's one way to look at it.

In RL also you got hard workers & bunch of dependent freeloaders.

Pick your side and enjoy.