Is your Main like you IRL?

General Discussion
07/02/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Dantarion
Most of the comments in this thread completely missed the point of the OP. Lol

07/02/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Elvira
Do you like animals and nature, do you also main a druid or hunter?

I'm a Vet student and I main a Druid.

Well in that sense yes my main is now a druid has been since wrath. I adore animals, and live in the country
Well, I do have several pets including cats that keep killing smaller animals and dragging their bodies into my room. That's a little bit like being a hunter.
Dark circles around eyes?
Check.

Chubby?
Check.

Drinks beer, sometimes tea?
Check.
Truth be told, while I have * some * medical skills, I'm also a decent shot with a pistol or rifle, and I'm a big dog, bear, Hound fan.

So maybe I'm more of a Hunter than Paladin.
As much as I love WoW and have been playing since late BC with only short breaks, I have to say that if I could make portals, turn things into sheep, conjure food, make myself invisible and send meteors crashing down, I probably wouldn't be playing the game.
07/02/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Dantarion
Most of the comments in this thread completely missed the point of the OP. Lol

I'm a Vet student and I main a Druid.

Thanks for actually answering, there were a few others but most was just everyone telling the same lame joke "I'm not ACTUALLY AN ELF IN REAL LIFE HAHAHA"

I'm gonna main hunter. I'll have time to raid on my warlock and pvp on my rogue between lockouts and stuff. But I like the playstyle enough and the themes VERY much to make me want it as a main over a warlock who I'll always feel alittle guilty maining as I watch some of my favorite characters suffer like Ysera.
Yeah.

I'm just back here in the corner doing my thing. No need to pay any special attention to me. Once the battle's over you'll see my contribution.

I enjoy the self-heals and ramping damage. If this is Blizzard's idea of Affliction warlock class fantasy, I'm on board with that vision 100%.
My warlock is like me because I tend to be a loner irl, I like doing things for myself, and this class enables me to in game. I also love to wear capris and flipflops with a t shirt or a tank so we even dress alike irl lol.
07/02/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Elvira
My question is this. Should I play the character that is purely the most mechanically fun as a main? Or should I also take into account the real life interests and personality traits I have?

You can always have more than one main. IMO fun comes both from the class abilities and it's lore/feel. The first one changes between expansions, so what you may like now, you may not like tomorrow. If you want a permanent main, I'd choose it based on it's lore/feel.

I think it's better to have some variety. You could have a main that's just like you, and another one that's different (maybe even the opposite), but that you can still relate to. Make the one like you the main-main that you keep through all the expansions, so it'll have access to all toys/transmogs/whatever, and the other one you can change according to what you want at the moment.

07/02/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Shado
Yes, I am actually a naked Orc Warlock irl.

Proof? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If I could turn invisible IRL I would go full Hollow Man
Again lol, I realize you guys don't have superpowers in real life. I mean the themes and personality behind each class archetype and how well they line up with your own views and hobbies. Do you like Tim Burton Movies and the macabre, do you also main a warlock or death knight?

That is my question

Hmm, when you put it that way that kind of explains why I enjoy my DK so much more than my other toons
Yeah, I constantly ask people "What have you sacrificed?"
LMAO! Thank you guys, awesome replies. I think I'm gonna go off what Turohk said and pick hunter and then warlock. Same playstyle, polar opposite ideologies (at least how I see them.)
My main is actually an Orc Arcane Mage that looks as close to me as possible. Cause physically I look more like an Orc than any other race and would be an arcane mage if I was in WoW.
I like trees and keep a small garden in my backyard, yeah.
Yes.
07/02/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Turohk
07/02/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Shado
Yes, I am actually a naked Orc Warlock irl.

Proof? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You can't see the proof when you're blindfolded and gagged.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My main is a Night Elf, Balance Druid and yes, I'm very much like her in real life. I choose that class because of how close to real life she is to me. I love nature, I have a Nature-Based spirituality, camping, animals, I use holistic natural healing, go to clothing-optional places in natural surroundings. I'm a Druid at heart. :D

I play Selosse as my mirror opposite when I'm in the mood for some devilish fun >.< :D
Your character is not an avatar of you IRL.

Play the one that is the most fun mechanically. [Also, visuals are a thing. It's one of the draws to playing a shaman, I think]

If you want to get into roleplaying, it may be an easier starting point to use the character/class types that fit your IRL personality the most, though. But that's more of a separate thing from your main to me.