Illidan will die on Argus.

General Discussion
Think about it, where would Blizzard send him after the events of Legion end? Back to the Black Temple? He can never go back to Night Elf society, he has no home. Characters like that usually die, like Arthas. Could Arthas have been redeemed? Sure, but he would have no home, as he would be hated by everyone and everything. Same thing with Kil'Jaeden, we saw a possible redemption in his admission of respect for Velen but he has no place to fit in.

I'm betting that Illidan will likely sacrifice himself in the end battle for "the greater good".
While I'm not a huge fan of Illidan I hope Blizzard doesn't resort to that cliche' of a story for him.
I hope Illidan will attempt to betray his own "child of light" destiny for personal gain, earning his title again.

Than he dies. Horribly.
Ugh we just rezzed him. Can we not?
He can probably just chill with Khadgar they seem to be great friends now.
Since this expansion is basically Burning Crusade 2.0 I assume Illidan will be the final boss. I'm surprised we aren't back at Shattrath too.

We need new characters, hubs, stories, etc.
07/05/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

Well, where is he going to go after Argus? His whole existence is fighting the Legion.

Or to put it another way, what place in the world did the Privateers have after the war was over?
07/05/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

Right?

I don't want another res Illidan xpac.
07/05/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Qamaits
While I'm not a huge fan of Illidan I hope Blizzard doesn't resort to that cliche' of a story for him.

You must be new around here...

EDIT:
07/05/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Dîomedes
I'm betting that Illidan will likely sacrifice himself

You must be new too. Illidan is down with sacrifice all right. The sacrifice of OTHERS.
We will all just probably lose on Argus eventually and the only way to "fix" things will be to start time over again at some point to change history which will be before he was brought back in the first place.
Two things. First of all Blizzard has already made clear that WE were the ones who needed to be redeemed and not Illidan. Second it has already been confirmed that he has an immortal soul and cannot truly die (even in the twisting neither). Even if his body is destroyed his soul can find a new vessel and he can continue on.
I don't want him to die. He's hot.
07/05/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Pharsalus
You must be new too. Illidan is down with sacrifice all right. The sacrifice of OTHERS.

You must be new to the new Blizzard writing. Illidan is a misunderstood saint now.
07/05/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Pharsalus
07/05/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Qamaits

You must be new around here...

EDIT:
07/05/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Dîomedes
I'm betting that Illidan will likely sacrifice himself

we can sacrifice the warlocks
We now have every Demon Hunter that was imprisoned with him running around. We also have the race available to players. He has a home. His home is with them.
It's not like he isn't going to have anything to do. We still have the old gods and Ashzara to fight along with the void lords and whatever they decide to throw at us after Legion. Honestly, I hope we finish Argus with Sargeras, in anger, throwing us a bit of his power showing us we are still nowhere near ready to take him on.
07/05/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Raiyyn
We now have every Demon Hunter that was imprisoned with him running around. We also have the race available to players. He has a home. His home is with them.

So you're saying, going forward, Illidan will be on a fel ship?
07/05/2017 07:58 AMPosted by Yyöp
He can probably just chill with Khadgar they seem to be great friends now.

inb4 SJW snowflakes toute them as WoW''s "first gay couple".
Illidan has the same issue the other DHs have. Where do they go when the Legion's done? What happened with the DKs and Darion when Arthas was done? They just continued on in society continuing to protect Azeroth ... although their loyalties are certainly questionable as of late. Illidan can just stay with the other DHs at their class hall while continuing to protect Azeorth. Or he can leave Azeroth and chase down remnants of the Legion. Sargeras won't be defeated this expansion so Illidan will still have a purpose as would the other DHs.

Illidan's not likely to go anywhere, especially since he's the top DH. It's like if Darion was killed off. Many players don't want to take that kind of leader position. While you can argue Kayn/Altruis can take it for DH, that's the issue. Which one is canon? Blizzard would have to continue to do two diverging story lines going forward due to them. What if they bleed out into the rest of the story? Which one would other classes see? Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner with that bit since they don't really do divergent story lines. As a result, Illidan really can't go anywhere. He'll have to remain the face of the DHs.
A better story would be Illidan saving everyone and then malf, jealous would murder him in combat via back stab. Then we'd all turn on malf cuz he a bad dood.