Why is LFR a problem?

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
07/06/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Corona
You get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing

Look at those gear you are wearing. Where did you get them?
No matter you quest, do dungeon or raid, they reward you something. It is part of the game. If you don't agree with the system why have them on your charcter(s). We have the brain to think, use it wisely before we speak.
07/07/2017 10:13 PMPosted by Verbatim
So if you couldn't do LFR you would not even play the game? That's hilarious!

I know its shocking, someone wants something DIFFERENT than your disgusting ego driven self in WoW? THE SHOCK!!!!

And you think premade group finder is a toxic cesspool and LFR isn't? Doubly hilarious!

I can solve this with a simple question, do you run any premades?

That is why most people don't consider LFR to be raiding.

Too bad those people are as moronic as you since it is raiding,lol.
07/07/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Lolmaru
Because it promotes lazy unskillful play. Which trickles into other aspects of the game. And it doesn't help the game. Bc and wotlk had highest # of players and guess what no rdf or lfr.

Subs were actually bleeding out faster before LFR was introduced, during Cata. LFR actually helped cauterize the wound.

You're kidding yourself if you think a disappearance of LFR is going to suddenly bring back 13million subscribers again like it was at its peak. The game's old, people come and go. The fact that it still retains millions is a miracle. And it does that because the game caters to all types.
07/07/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Verbatim
And if you did there would be more than that many people who would subscribe again because the risk/reward ratio would be proper in the game once again. There is a good reason way more people played before LFR was around and the people who say 'gimme free loot or I will quit' won't be missed. You can all go do some hello kitty game or w/e else is balanced to LFR difficulty.

no one is saying that moron..... Are you so stupid to suggest that going back to how it was back then would bring back subs? man.....Then you try to say that no LFR is the sole reason for the pop boom back in the day? Not only are you stupid, you are delusional too.

Easiest argument to destroy. If there was a mob that had instant respawn, died in 1 hit and dropped ilvl 1000000 gear and I thought that made the game worse (being a multiplayer game of course) and you replied "don't like it don't do it and it won't affect you. How does me getting really good gear for no effort affect people in a multiplayer game I can't think for myself?"

Then why didn't you 'destroy' it? You made a stupid analogy that is not realistic in the least, then you proceed to show your hateful disgustingess by trying look down on people because you feel superior to them and makes you think you get to determine what 'effort' is worthy of reward.

Try making a real point if you can.

Did you not know this is a multiplayer game and the reward scheme should actually make sense?

What doesn't make sense to you? The harder the content the better gear you are guaranteed to get, what hurts your widdle feelings is when people you look down upon get rewarded.

Maximize the free loot. Let the people 'see the content' all they want and then what you do and what you get literally won't affect other people like you want

It doesn't effect anyone like you think it does moron.
07/06/2017 06:07 PMPosted by Snowfox
Being a hardcore raider isn't really the endgame.. a lot of us were hardcore raiders ten years ago. In the decade that comes after that, one realizes that chasing the gear & progression dragon with a raid guild is just one playstyle of many - and often just a step along the path to further things.

This I am well past my days of raiding and now I just want to enjoy the game go back and do the things I missed or had no time to complete. I was severely burned out in Cat and stopped i couldn't do it anymore the 3 year break was what helped me get back into the game. But I learned to sit back and enjoy it the race to the end wasn't as good as i thought it was. Now I go back and help my guild complete achievements and do the trasmog runs.

LFR helps people who can not give the full time needed for raids and for some it's the best way for them to see the content. We all need the break and LFR is needed and instead of berating people and making fun of them, we should be helping and encouraging them more maybe then some will step into the higher raids.
07/06/2017 06:11 PMPosted by Tadkins
I don't get this notion. Normal, Heroic, and Mythic all require a premade so I don't see why they feel they wouldn't have their special exclusiveness.

Hardcore and even casual raiders won't suddenly stop raiding just beause of LFR simply because Normal, Heroic and Mythic give our better loot.

I raid Normal+ right now because I find it enjoyable, and I have a good guild to do it with.

Not everyone does though, and not everyone wants to. Why LFR is great.

LFR is grrrrrreat!
Forgot about this. Its a good read op, and will answer your question, or questions on why the anti lfr folks complain about lfr. Dropped it a few times when that one clown kept spamming all those anti lfr hate spam threads back in wod. https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/12/grandpappy-frostheim-on-dumbing-the-game-down/
07/06/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Feelzbrah
Never understood why there are people that complain about LFR.

This is usually something that I don't get. The feature is optional and it doesn't hinder players in anyway if they choose not to use it. Why remove a feature that doesn't detract, hinder or pose problems to players in anyway?

If a player don't like it then they are welcome to run normal, heroic or mythic. I do LFRs to gather basic knowledge about the bosses and to improve my BLP. The gears are decent enough to prepare players for a higher difficulty.

What are some major complaints?

well most don't have time to dedicate 9-12 hours a week for raid progression, not to mention everyone has weird hours, however, they mostly got a bug up their arses because the gear can titanforge to higher than normal.
People hate it because the hardcore elitists want to always be ahead of the game and think they are the only ones that deserve to see the content. Mind you that this isn't gear or anything. Visiting Hawaii is very different than getting a mansion and living there.
07/06/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Feelzbrah
Never understood why there are people that complain about LFR.

LFR isnt the problem, its the people who play in LFR.
no one is saying that moron..... Are you so stupid to suggest that going back to how it was back then would bring back subs? man.....Then you try to say that no LFR is the sole reason for the pop boom back in the day? Not only are you stupid, you are delusional too.

you truly are an interesting creature.There is no point in trying to continue this discussion Your way is the best way, everybody shut up and leave stud muffin alone.
07/07/2017 09:23 PMPosted by Wolfetx
Its main goal blizzard wise was to insure a good return on the investment of designing raids.
Really hard to explain to the bean counters thats its a good idea to invest great quantities of time and resources into a feature only 6 to 10% of the playing customers used.
At the very start of lfr it is the very reason blizzard gave for making lfr.
It justified the time and resources spent on designing raids.

Understand...wow had just came off a game sub peak of 13million at the end of wotlk.
The bean counters didnt matter because the game was growing.. Very few companies look at hard numbers when their product is growing.
Early cata happened and the numbers started falling for the first time in wows history. Some really really bad design choices were made with the return to harder content (with no easier version offered). Millions left wow....
When that happened and the game was for the first time losing more subs than it was gaining...Blizzard went into investigation mode.
What they found was a truly massive amount of resources being spent on a very very small part of the player base.
I can imagine the talks with financial. Find a way to justify (get more players into the content) this expense you are spending on raids or cut them out!
LFR was born!
Now i dont have the numbers and blizzard hasnt released the numbers but if we look at the sub charts over time.. LFR didnt stop the sub loses.. but it sure did slow down the sub loses for a long while!

What we have now is awesome we have a return to hard content with mythic raids and M+ 5 mans AND the easier options so no one feels left out!

Oh look a post i can read, understand and form a discussion from. with no personal attacks or paranoid rambling about '' You can't tell me what to do or how to play leave me /us Alone''

thanks for that read,I still feel LFR is a tad to easy.
(just run normal then!. I probably will,eventually but until then since i just started playing a few days ago i'm going to dabble into every aspect of the game and give my opinions on them as i see them,I'm sorry if this line of thinking offends you)
It's pretty simple really. No matter what the subject is there will be a group of people who know exactly what every other person on the planet should need, want or do. These people are usually very loud because that makes them more right. If you disagree you should be quiet because you are absolutely wrong.
So if you couldn't do LFR you would not even play the game? That's hilarious! And you think premade group finder is a toxic cesspool and LFR isn't? Doubly hilarious!

One of the issues with WoD was that blizzard tried to force everyone into normal+ raiding, was it the only reason WoD tanked? No, but it certainly was one of the factors right up there with flying.

Most LFR runs are perfectly fine, the horror stories you hear on the forums are the exception not the rule.
07/06/2017 06:16 PMPosted by Feelzbrah
07/06/2017 06:13 PMPosted by Kalorea
It's not a problem but it's also not real raiding. It's basically baby mode.

Yea. I am sure everyone in WoW knows this lol. Raiders pretty much run LFR to get points for their BLP and a chance to get a legendary.

The problem begins when elitist raiders come down to LFR to build their weekly BLP and have no patience whatsoever w the newer players. So they start demanding that ppl have the same kind of skill they have.

They practically faceroll the content, and they like it that way so they can be done w the task as quickly as possible, so if the great majority of player messing something up, they start complaining about how LFR is damaging for the game.

Interestingly enough they make use of the system to famr their legendaries.

LFR simply isnt designed for you, all mighty heroic/mythic players. Stop being such crybabies. Do your !@#$ w BLP and go back to the highend frontlines where you all belong and leave us get our fun down here :)
07/08/2017 07:39 AMPosted by Iankevork

you truly are an interesting creature.There is no point in trying to continue this discussion Your way is the best way, everybody shut up and leave stud muffin alone.

Huh? What are you tryingnto say here? The poster i am referring to here is a very hateful disgusting example of elitism at its worst. Are you trying to support him?
100% agree with LFR i liked the way blizzard did karazhan though in my opinion that 5 man dungeon. Make it mythic only for a few months for those who want to experience it in optimal difficulty and then once it becomes irrelevant then make it available to the masses the next patch or close to it. Most of the content still quable but having a period where having like a side progression dungeon for grps to dive into isn't a bad thing. It don't even have to be a few months they can create an expansive dungeon and divide it in half and make it available to everyone in like 1 or 2 months later.
07/08/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Iankevork
thanks for that read,I still feel LFR is a tad to easy.

News flash, World boss is 10x harder than LFR!!!

/Sarcasm
07/08/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Studmuffyn
The poster i am referring to here is a very hateful disgusting example of elitism at its worst.

And you are a very hateful and disgusting example of humanity.
07/08/2017 10:40 AMPosted by Wenwei
News flash, World boss is 10x harder than LFR!!!

/Sarcasm

True though, personally i think LFR shouldn't have any one hit or someone messes up everybody dies mechanics but i feel it should have some mechanics of it's own that provide a learning experience, otherwise i think my idea of a solo scenario type thing for individuals who truly don't want to ''try'' for lack of a better term. WIthout such things it just feels dull and pointless, now maybe i'm ''elitist'' because i think this way,but i don't see it that way,i'm trying to have a discussion over LFR and my feeling that it's ''too easy'' not that it shouldn't be a thing not that the people who run it are !@#$ty people who don't deserve anything,just that it's too easy to win.

This is yet another issue with being a new player, it seems this ''debate'' has been going on for years and so many are so heated that they can't see they're just as bad as the side they're preaching about.