Artifact skins NEED to be account wide

General Discussion
Dear Blizzard,
Please, please consider allowing Artifact skins to be account wide.
I will be the first to say I have stopped going out with friends in real life sometimes because I need to do what I can within a week to obtain whatever is necessary for a particular skin before time runs out.
I have a LOT of toons, just like most of the people that play this game.
I am working my butt off to try to get all these appearances, but it doesn't seem possible.
I can't do this for PvP, for Balance of Power etc across every class I have.
Because I'm still trying to get Class Mounts that's taking up my time too.
And now you've brought in a new island for us all to enjoy (thanks on that - seriously :)), but honestly, there is no humanly possible way I can get all these skins unlocked across all my toons.
It's depressing because I'm trying so hard, but I won't be able to do it. Even though I am here right now in this content.
Please reconsider.
Or, at the very least, have the (2), (3), (4) models unlocked if you've done the first part of the line? So, for instance, if you have Unleashed Monstrosities on a character, it's account-wide and will unlock the 2nd coloration for an artifact - as long as your alt-toon gets Balance of Power?

Or if you have Prestige 6 on someone for the 2nd coloration of the PvP stuff, it unlocks as well on another character with Prestige 2 (gaining the first appearance)?

Just a thought.
Absolutely Ashvir. Something has to be done.
I am burning myself out on doing this across so many toons. As I'm absolutely sure a lot of other people are too.
It's really disheartening that Blizzard will remove access to this after Legion. Hence why I'm so concerned right now on what can be done to help alleviate the grind for all of us here right now paying for this expansion.
You see people say later on, "you didn't pay for the expansion, you lose, not our problem", BUT we're here RIGHT NOW, and we are struggling.
06/30/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Alais
It's really disheartening that Blizzard will remove access to this after Legion. Hence why I'm so concerned right now on what can be done to help alleviate the grind for all of us here right now paying for this expansion.

I recall the justification was "they're only cosmetic", but... well, I like transmog. I like dressing my action-zombie doll up in fancy dress clothes and swing around cosplay weaponry of great power!

I don't think I'd mind the grind as much if that whole "life" thing wasn't so important, too. Juggling "things I want in game" and "things I maintain/like IRL"... well, IRL wins for me every time. Still, it'd be nice to alleviate the amount of effort a little.
Just a hunch but I think there's no way the "no artifacts after legion" thing actually happens
06/30/2017 01:22 AMPosted by Falize
Just a hunch but I think there's no way the "no artifacts after legion" thing actually happens

They shouldn't be removed but I can see them doing something idiotic as removing them.
First two tiers, and prestige, would be fine, imo.

Balance of Power is intended to get you into normal+ content, would defeat the purpose some if you didn't have to do it per character.

Challenge appearance is self-explanatory.

Hidden appearances are meant to be adventures, or fun things, for you to do to unlock those.
06/30/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Sevaira

They shouldn't be removed but I can see them doing something idiotic as removing them.

Considering that a lot of legendaries (such as MoP's cloaks and WoD's rings) can no longer be obtained, I'm guessing this'll be the same.

Though it's not that they'll be removed: leveling players going through Legion zones will still get the artifacts and those artifacts can be changed to appear as the appearances you unlock while you're holding them.

Getting those appearances before Legion adds them to your tmog closet once Legion ends and you can tmog them. Otherwise, you'll have to specifically hold the weapon in question to use that appearance. Which means if you really want to go back and get the raid ones, that's fine: but the pvp ones will require pvping in the 100-110 zone, which may be impossible after Legion.
I support this. I just made a second shaman on alliance and I'm dreading having to farm for all of the appearances again.
06/30/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Alais
Absolutely Ashvir. Something has to be done.
I am burning myself out on doing this across so many toons. As I'm absolutely sure a lot of other people are too.
You see people say later on, "you didn't pay for the expansion, you lose, not our problem", BUT we're here RIGHT NOW, and we are struggling.

the mounts aren't going away so why are you wasting time getting them anyway
06/30/2017 01:30 AMPosted by Threa
I support this. I just made a second shaman on alliance and I'm dreading having to farm for all of the appearances again.

your second shaman doesn't need to farm everything since what your first shaman has earned will be added to the transmog system and usable by your second shaman in the future.

I am only getting things on one hunter and one druid because there is absolutely no point in doing the same class again.

artifacts will still be around for legion content - it is just anything you earn appearance wise may not be added to the transmog system.
Did this used to be a horse? I can't even tell anymore.

Anyhow, there is a thread for this:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753776377?page=1
They're not? Wow, I missed that tidbit. Of course, that's probably because I don't really like any of them, but it does seem kind of silly they're not.
06/30/2017 06:02 AMPosted by Xialla
They're not? Wow, I missed that tidbit. Of course, that's probably because I don't really like any of them, but it does seem kind of silly they're not.

blizzard has stated the artifact appearances earned during the expansion will be added to the transmog system at the end of the expansion - so they will be account wide.

OP just wants to have to 'earn' the appearance for 12 characters once because of reasons to do with laziness basically and inability to prioritize.

Basically what OP is asking for is akin to only having to gear up one character and all of your characters will be geared or to level up one character to 110 and all your characters will be max level.
06/30/2017 06:13 AMPosted by Roxette
06/30/2017 06:02 AMPosted by Xialla

blizzard has stated the artifact appearances earned during the expansion will be added to the transmog system at the end of the expansion - so they will be account wide.

OP just wants to have to 'earn' the appearance for 12 characters once because of reasons to do with laziness basically and inability to prioritize.

Basically what OP is asking for is akin to only having to gear up one character and all of your characters will be geared or to level up one character to 110 and all your characters will be max level.

Gearing up <> Cosmetics with a limited window to unlock In the wardrobe. But thanks for trying.
06/30/2017 06:25 AMPosted by Gelsinela
06/30/2017 06:13 AMPosted by Roxette

Gearing up <> Cosmetics with a limited window to unlock In the wardrobe. But thanks for trying.

So just because it isn't 'gear' they should just mail them to you ?
06/30/2017 01:28 AMPosted by Ashvir
06/30/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Sevaira

Considering that a lot of legendaries (such as MoP's cloaks and WoD's rings) can no longer be obtained, I'm guessing this'll be the same.

Though it's not that they'll be removed: leveling players going through Legion zones will still get the artifacts and those artifacts can be changed to appear as the appearances you unlock while you're holding them.

Getting those appearances before Legion adds them to your tmog closet once Legion ends and you can tmog them. Otherwise, you'll have to specifically hold the weapon in question to use that appearance. Which means if you really want to go back and get the raid ones, that's fine: but the pvp ones will require pvping in the 100-110 zone, which may be impossible after Legion.

I think if they go through with that it is a major mistake. You are wiping out all weapon transmogs from an entire expansion for future players as well as players who take a break and come back, people who didn't roll that particular class this expansion, etc. It'd be like no weapons from WoD dropping in legacy raids there. That's a whole category of gear gone for a whole expansion.

I don't think that is reasonable in the slightest. These aren't elite pvp sets.
06/30/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Melchazzar
06/30/2017 01:28 AMPosted by Ashvir

I think if they go through with that it is a major mistake. You are wiping out all weapon transmogs from an entire expansion for future players as well as players who take a break and come back, people who didn't roll that particular class this expansion, etc. It'd be like no weapons from WoD dropping in legacy raids there. That's a whole category of gear gone for a whole expansion.

I don't think that is reasonable in the slightest. These aren't elite pvp sets.

There are other weapons in this expansion available for transmog, a fair number of them in fact.
Only Prestige needs this treatment really (and it should at least require Prestige 2 on each toon to take effect). The Prestige grind is by far the longest appearance grind in Legion; the others are actually not that bad (aside from perhaps 200 WQs for hidden tint) by comparison.