Mythic Realms

General Discussion
I was wondering why we have Mythic raiding, Arenas, Rated battleground while for solo or casual players we don't have any challenges besides waiting for things to reset.

Everything in this game has a switch from Easy to Hard so why not make a switch for open world from easy to hard, what do you think?

Edit: I'm talking about difficulty switch on open world here, not whole new realm.

Example Gear Progression (applies to world quests etc): Regular World -> Mythic World -> Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon -> Mythic Dungeon
Strip off your clothing one article at a time until you reach the appropriate difficulty.

Just to be clear... Strip off your character's clothing.
You have proving grounds and the mage tower challenges. This is a multiplayer game, though, so the focus for most of the more difficult content is focused on group content.
07/08/2017 07:29 AMPosted by Dremlin
Mythic raiding

Which you have apparently not done on that account.

Arenas

Rated battleground

0/10 and Sunday is tomorrow.
07/08/2017 07:46 AMPosted by Pharsalus

You must be new here.... its always the their other account that happens to be multi gladiator and top tier mythic raider lol

(being facetious btw)
Mythic raiding

Arenas

Rated battleground

He is complaining about lack of challenging solo content.

0/10 and Sunday is tomorrow.

Read the whole post before acting stupid please.
07/08/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Virus
its always the their other account that happens to be multi gladiator and top tier mythic raider lol

/smacks head

"I could've had a V-8!"
I was wondering why we have Mythic raiding, Arenas, Rated battleground while for solo or casual players we don't have any challenges besides waiting for things to reset.

Everything in this game has a switch from Easy to Hard so why not make a switch for open world from easy to hard, what do you think?

Cause it won't be an mmorpg
The world will not be populated and groups would be impossible to find
You may even have to farm the profession mats yourself in this so called one shot one kill world to maintain your raiding upkeep
At some point your patience will hit a limit like how the AP grind did for some high tier guilds

If you are only interested in an instance/lobby game then you are playing the wrong game
One solution was already posted, just wear less gear.
another solution, wear lower ilevel gear.
Wearing lower level gear also works.
Wearing white quality and grey quality gear is another option.
07/08/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Wariya

Cause it won't be an mmorpg
The world will not be populated and groups would be impossible to find
You may even have to farm the profession mats yourself in this so called one shot one kill world to maintain your raiding upkeep
At some point your patience will hit a limit like how the AP grind did for some high tier guilds

If you are only interested in an instance/lobby game then you are playing the wrong game

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, this is just a switch not completely new Mythic Realm, just like you switch dungeon difficulty, you do the switch on world difficulty.
07/08/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Rubedo
One solution was already posted, just wear less gear.
another solution, wear lower ilevel gear.
Wearing lower level gear also works.
Wearing white quality and grey quality gear is another option.

07/08/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Brokensouls
Strip off your clothing one article at a time until you reach the appropriate difficulty.

Just to be clear... Strip off your character's clothing.

What is the reward for wearing lower ilevel gear? Isn't the game suppose to be about progression... I'm talking about another level of difficulty here that should be rewarded. Regular World -> Mythic World -> LFR -> Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic etc.
Or have realm difficulty similar to how you can choose a pvp vs pve realm, you could select a normal, heroic or mythic one. hmmm ...

/thinkingsmilie
/foodforthought
Yes, I think most people here either didn't read my original post or thought I was talking about making the game difficult/not fun overall. I'm just talking about extra difficult level in the middle.

Edit: It doesn't have to be called Mythic, I was using this naming as an example.
07/08/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Dremlin
Regular World -> Mythic World -> LFR -> Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic etc

Regular is wearing "White/Gray" armor ilevel while doing content.
Mythic is Green gear
LFR is Blue gear
Normal is Epic gear (from LFR
Heroic is Epic (from Normal)
Mythic is Epic (from Heroic and Mythic)

There, difficulty level switch and it's already in the game, and you can play that way if you want to as soon as you prep the gear.