Forum Mods

General Discussion
While I have no inside information about the changes that happen with wow, I was of the idea that you were the only forum mod left.

Without some automation I suspect your work load has truly done a lot more than doubled, and you may even be eating tums by the bottle full if you dislike having to tell people tough noogies or some such.

I don't think you have the meanness in you to do something like that to the forum without being made to do so.

Could be wrong, and I don' like being wrong, but I hope ya make it through this storm

I mean

having to defend

Flying / no flying

scaling / ilvl scaling

misleading and failed things

not fixing bugs like not being able to compete pillars quest in LFR TOS

and a million other things I think ya outta get the patient title appended over your name in the forums as well as in game.

Hang in there

If the outrage and work goes up and stays up, ya might ask for a raise for having to do more work / job enlargement.

God bless ya

ETA, oops, forgot to mention removing the dislike button but not the like button.
It might just be Ornyx slaps some regular expression into the 'quickban' plugin for their forum, that just wipes certain threads that aren't tagged.. and then they alt-tab back to reddit.com/r/wheredidthesodago to slack some until they do the next ban-a-bunch-o-threads script... maybe.
those bastards
07/11/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Snowfox
It might just be Ornyx slaps some regular expression into the 'quickban' plugin for their forum, that just wipes certain threads that aren't tagged.. and then they alt-tab back to reddit.com/r/wheredidthesodago to slack some until they do the next ban-a-bunch-o-threads script... maybe.

Well ya know ya could be right.

I had to deal with that a lot before I got disabled out of NASA because of a aneurysm.

Those buttons made it easier for me to put in my two cents worth and vent off the steam so I didn't get high blood pressure.

Now I have to take the meds instead and that makes me loopy some days.

I always hated it when TPTB in companies would increase the work load, and reduce the number of people and not increase the compensation for it.

Think I wrote that right, if not try reading between my lines or i'll try to clarify better.
Ornyx is a good mod and I think they deserve all the huggles.
I guess his duties will extend beyond the 'blessing' of GD Lounge threads...
Quit. It's time for a new CM voice on these boards.
07/11/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Svfel
While I have no inside information about the changes that happen with wow, I was of the idea that you were the only forum mod left.

Without some automation I suspect your work load has truly done a lot more than doubled, and you may even be eating tums by the bottle full if you dislike having to tell people tough noogies or some such.

I don't think you have the meanness in you to do something like that to the forum without being made to do so.

Could be wrong, and I don' like being wrong, but I hope ya make it through this storm

I mean

having to defend

Flying / no flying

scaling / ilvl scaling

and a million other things I think ya outta get the patient title appended over your name in the forums as well as in game.

Hang in there

If the outrage and work goes up and stays up, ya might ask for a raise for having to do more work / job enlargement.

God bless ya

ETA, oops, forgot to mention removing the dislike button but not the like button.

they aren't the only one - I have actually seen others, there is one that often edits people's posting (I get a chuckle out of that).
07/11/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Roxette
07/11/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Svfel

I mean

having to defend

Flying / no flying

scaling / ilvl scaling

Hang in there

God bless ya

they aren't the only one - I have actually seen others, there is one that often edits people's posting (I get a chuckle out of that).

OK so i"M blind, but how do you see if someone edited posts.

I probably passed it over or something.

Still I feel for those at the bottom of the hill when carp flows down hill and the ones up top put it there and gave it a push
Miss Ornyx is a very good spox for ol' Blizzard. Kinda remind of Sean Spicer.
Learning time about Blizzard Community teams! There's a difference between Community Managers and Forum Moderators.

CMs are part of the regional Community teams, and are generally here as a representative to and from the development team, etc.

Forum Moderators are part of our Customer Support team, and are generally here to moderate the forums, delete threads, edit posts, etc.

Just for some clarity: I'm the Community Manager for WoW in North America - and there are a number of moderators in the shadows at all times, just like our in-game GMs!

From the CM side: You may occasionally see Lore or Kaivax popping in and out, especially on the PTR and Class Development forums, as they are handling some more broad-scope, less region-specific Community operations now. And I have Aeridel and Rythmor assisting me here on the forums if I'm ever out of the office, but they handle Social Media and Relationships, respectively, as their main functions.
07/11/2017 04:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
Just for some clarity: I'm the Community Manager for WoW in North America - and there are a number of moderators in the shadows at all times, just like our in-game GMs!

I knew it! All the Moderators play Rogues!
and there are a number of moderators in the shadows at all times

i don't believe u
Learning time about Blizzard Community teams! There's a difference between Community Managers and Forum Moderators.

CMs are part of the regional Community teams, and are generally here as a representative to and from the development team, etc.

Forum Moderators are part of our Customer Support team, and are generally here to moderate the forums, delete threads, edit posts, etc.

You may occasionally see Lore or Kaivax popping in and out, especially on the PTR and Class Development forums, as they are handling some more broad-scope, less region-specific Community operations now.

Thanks for clarifying that

Please pass on my condolences on job expansion unless they also get raises or additional helpers to lighten / return the load to where it has been.

Oh, forgot to add again so
ETA

Do community managers also interface with those developing the forums, cause there are a few bugs that people talk about a lot that maybe they need to know about if you don't / aren't the one who talks with them.
07/11/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Svfel

You may occasionally see Lore or Kaivax popping in and out, especially on the PTR and Class Development forums, as they are handling some more broad-scope, less region-specific Community operations now.

Please pass on my condolences on job expansion unless they also get raises or additional helpers to lighten / return the load to where it has been.

I'm sure they will be completely fine and have no problems identifying and removing troll posts that no longer have a red thumbs down. Your concern is noteworthy though.
07/11/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Amathysenpai

i don't believe u

Have to agree here as Sunday's are a mess.
And I have Aeridel and Rythmor assisting me here on the forums if I'm ever out of the office, but they handle Social Media and Relationships, respectively, as their main functions.

Tell your boss you need more people.

And if they ask why, tell them you need pictures of Spider-man.
07/11/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Svfel

I'm sure they will be completely fine and have no problems identifying and removing troll posts that no longer have a red thumbs down. Your concern is noteworthy though.

Wish I could be as certain.

Won't have been the first time I have seen people in the trenches have to compensate for decisions made at the command level.

Sometimes it kills them

It almost always hurts or lowers moral.
Just for some clarity: I'm the Community Manager for WoW in North America

Oh...I guess that explains why no feedback gets through to the developers.
07/11/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Amathysenpai

i don't believe u

There's one behind you RIGHT NOW!