Hunter campaign and unlocking Followers

Customer Support
My wife's account almost has flying unlocked, and only has two followers unlocked.

No campaign quests for Hunter are showing, cant see no quest icons on map anywhere in the world. Pillars of Creation, The deceivers downfall, Trial of Valor (Raid), Alter of Aegis, Eye of Azshera and Soul Prism of the Illadari, and a couple quests to continue in Suramar are all she has

Is she missing something? She has the "A "Noble" Event" from the mission board, but basically cant do it because she has no followers to do the mission with a high %.

Unlocking followers is probably the most confusing part in this game.

She has all the Pillars unlocked and done, done every zone except Suramar.
Has your wife looked over the guides on Wowhead? Those combined with submitting her character info into Wowhead's Profiler can help her see which quests she has missed.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10994/a-glorious-campaign#comments:id=2375126

http://www.wowhead.com/class-hall-campaign-for-the-third-artifact-relic-guide

http://www.wowhead.com/list
Going by guides she should have three champions by now, meant to have three at level 103, she has two.
Her Character name is Shaz on Dragonblight
Did she check the tower behind the lodge. There's a class-hall quest up there at some point.
07/14/2017 07:03 AMPosted by Coug

Generally speaking if there is a quest available that is important you'll usually see it on your map. It will show up as an exclamation point indicating that there is a quest waiting for you.

When it comes to the Class Order Hall this can get a little tricky because sometimes the NPC you need to talk to is also the one that you are sending off on missions.

If you have run out of quests it is usually a good idea to check where you are with your Class Order Hall. If you don't have all of the Champions yet, it means you have several quests out there left to do before those other quests will become available for you.

Sites like Icy-veins and wowhead have some pretty good resources to help you determine where you are. The following lists the Champions you should have based on class: http://www.wowhead.com/legion-class-hall-mission-guide#champions-hunter

In this case it looks like you need "Lending a Hand" which is from Emmarel Shadewarden, who when she is not on a mission will be around the bonfire or she'll be in the tower northeast of lodge.
I had a couple issues getting followers for my Hunter.

1) Emmarel Shadewarden is involved in a lot of the quests and they stop showing when she is out on missions.

2) At some point you get a quest to go talk to Hemet Nessingwary. That quests ends when you talk to him with no follow up. You need to finish all his normal quests and then you can recruit him and Addie Fizzlebog as followers.
I'm stuck. Decided I want to start my 3rd artifact Talon claw for a survival hunter having completed the other two. The quest spear in the shadow is not being offered to me. What have I done? Emanuel Shadow?? is not a combat ally and is not on a mission. I check around the lodge, campfire and tower. Nothing. I checked in Dalian and Krauss Landing. Nothing. I check my map for important quests. Nothing. I checked my quest log. Nothing. My bags are full of artifact power i want to use and I'm at a loss of how to move forward. I turned off all my add ons and did a reload UI. That didn't help. Emmarel Shadewarden is standing next to the fire. No quest offered. Any ideas??? Thanks. Oh and yes I have read the forums etc etc etc
I'm sure you have done this, but many of the class hall quests are locked behind doing the "A Fallen Star" quest and unlocking Light's Hope in your class hall. it usually stops you after your first two followers.
07/14/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Bonesaway
The quest spear in the shadow is not being offered to me.

For which character, Bonesaway? Is this on a different account? You have two Hunters, Alliance and Horde and both have completed that quest and have Talonclaw.

Your Alliance character is carrying Talonclaw in their Hexweave bag but your Horde character is storing it in the bank. :)
07/14/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Ricekrispies
I'm sure you have done this, but many of the class hall quests are locked behind doing the "A Fallen Star" quest and unlocking Light's Hope in your class hall. it usually stops you after your first two followers.

This is also my suggestion. Its a roadblock for many classes early on for the entire chain.
07/14/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Ricekrispies

This isn't a roadblock from my knowledge. I only did it on my paladin and skipped it on the 11 other classes and was able to complete the Class Campaign successfully.
I had gotten stuck on this as well and it turned out there was a quest to pick up a follower at Nesingwary's camp in Highmountain, and beyond that I couldn't continue the campaign.

Hope that helps.
I had the exact same problem. I made it to 110 on my Hunter and only had two followers. The largest difference when it comes to completing zones is dependent on whether you mean you completed the storyline quests for that zone or literally all of the quests.

I was able to continue back on my way after I did the quest chain(s) at Nesingwary's Camp in Highmountain. That awarded me Addie and led me to Rexxar.

On Wowhead.com, there is a comments section under the Hunter Class which lists all the Hunter Order Hall quests: (http://www.wowhead.com/hunter#comments). Since I have an account on Wowhead it is able to tell me which characters have completed which quest when I hover over them. If your wife doesn't, she may have to manually check each of them out.
07/14/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Vrakthris
07/14/2017 07:03 AMPosted by Coug

Generally speaking if there is a quest available that is important you'll usually see it on your map. It will show up as an exclamation point indicating that there is a quest waiting for you.

When it comes to the Class Order Hall this can get a little tricky because sometimes the NPC you need to talk to is also the one that you are sending off on missions.

If you have run out of quests it is usually a good idea to check where you are with your Class Order Hall. If you don't have all of the Champions yet, it means you have several quests out there left to do before those other quests will become available for you.

Sites like Icy-veins and wowhead have some pretty good resources to help you determine where you are. The following lists the Champions you should have based on class: http://www.wowhead.com/legion-class-hall-mission-guide#champions-hunter

In this case it looks like you need "Lending a Hand" which is from Emmarel Shadewarden, who when she is not on a mission will be around the bonfire or she'll be in the tower northeast of lodge.

After flying her around last night, she didnt have any quest icons showing on world map, she did earlier but we did those, then I flew her around to check for random quests.

I flew her near the Nessingway camp in Highmountain, and she had x2 !, and they were two quests for two champions, she just had to talk to them. Problem is if you do High Mountain first and you are not 103+ those two quests I guess will not show. So she goes and does all the other zones not knowing those two have now appeared, but dont show on the world map.

Begs the question why champion quests dont show on world map, as they are needed to unlock parts of the quest chain.

I can see why people get lost and cant figure out why they are missing Champions.

I will check tonight with her on the others you mentioned.

Thanks.

BTW she now has four, and did the Fox Hunt Quest at 90% on Mission board :)

(Edit) - I found the problem for her with the class hall campaign, the quest showing when you hover over Emmarel Shadewarden on world or zone map is continuing the Legend, for the other artifacts. I decided to go and talk to her, and here is the problem, she has two quests, but only "Continuing The Legend" was showing on world map, she also had Lending a Hand. Maybe they could make the Hunter campaign quest show instead of a secondary quest for the other artifacts on the world map, makes it difficult for people to find the new quest when it doesn't show!!!

Thanks for the input though, I would have never checked her for it, as the map only shows the Continuing the Legend. :)
07/15/2017 02:34 AMPosted by Coug
Begs the question why champion quests dont show on world map, as they are needed to unlock parts of the quest chain.
I found the problem for her with the class hall campaign, the quest showing when you hover over Emmarel Shadewarden on world or zone map is continuing the Legend, for the other artifacts. I decided to go and talk to her, and here is the problem, she has two quests, but only "Continuing The Legend" was showing on world map, she also had Lending a Hand. Maybe they could make the Hunter campaign quest show instead of a secondary quest for the other artifacts on the world map, makes it difficult for people to find the new quest when it doesn't show!!!
You should post those in the Hunter forum for the Devs to see. The Devs don't take feedback/suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.
07/15/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Rufflebottom
I found the problem for her with the class hall campaign, the quest showing when you hover over Emmarel Shadewarden on world or zone map is continuing the Legend, for the other artifacts. I decided to go and talk to her, and here is the problem, she has two quests, but only "Continuing The Legend" was showing on world map, she also had Lending a Hand. Maybe they could make the Hunter campaign quest show instead of a secondary quest for the other artifacts on the world map, makes it difficult for people to find the new quest when it doesn't show!!!
You should post those in the Hunter forum for the Devs to see. The Devs don't take feedback/suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

Might actually want to try posting this in the Class Development forum for future PTR threads to get noticed. Historically speaking devs, or the the people who escalate posts to be seen by devs aren't particularly active in class forums. Other than moderators checking on flagged posts, there's rarely activity on the class subforums as they're mostly for community members to discuss with each other.

Have also personally seen hunter heroes like Tosan, Bandet, Levidian, and Reedwise post extremely important information relating to the class on those forums unseen for months, then copy/paste it into a PTR forum to have it noticed by a Blue who appears to be completely unaware this information had been common knowledge for quite some time.

As to the OP, this is definitely an issue, I also encountered this on my hunter early on the release as I chose Highmountain as my first zone and finished pretty quick. With the release of Invasions, and Heirloom upgrades, it's not even more likely anyone choosing Highmountain as the 1st zone will have this issue as you can be 103-104 and barely half done your first zone ready to move to the next and may never even meet Nesingwary/Addie.
This explains a lot. Am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
07/14/2017 11:37 AMPosted by Thedoogler
1) Emmarel Shadewarden is involved in a lot of the quests and they stop showing when she is out on missions.

This one is the unfortunate one.

There are other classes that have quest givers who are also followers, but the Hunter class appears to be the only one which cannot send out the follower on a mission and still be able to get a needed quest.

I was pretty bummed out when I sent Emmarel out on a 4-day quest only to discover 10 minutes later I needed her for a quest turn in. Yes, I could probably disable her as a follower, but I've tried to balance them (followers) out to cover as many situations as I can, and she pretty much needs to remain active for me.