Have Human Druids ever existed?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
In the entire history and lore of the games, has a Human ever successfully been a Druid? Any characters or bosses or anything?

I'm sorry if my English is off.
Worgen all started as human. They were druids prior to becoming worgen. They took up the path to help their crops or some silliness like that.
07/20/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Maizou
Worgen all started as human. They were druids prior to becoming worgen. They took up the path to help their crops or some silliness like that.

Aye, we were harvest witches, led by Celestine of the Harvest. At least she's the only druid trainer you meet in early Gilneas.

After you leave the kingdom she becomes the SW druid trainer and sat in a little house just outside Dwarf district until Legion when they gave her a voice and a part of the story in Val'sharah.
Gilneans pass down the old ways. And study with the night elfs after becoming worgen. Worgen is basically a druid form, an op one at that.

It is interesting to see Gilneans having access to this magic and comparing them to say the Vrykul in Stormheim. The Vrykul was turned into a great tree by the tauren using druidry so there are hints on how vrykul are connected with druidry and how it trickled down to humans.
Gilnean's pre-worgening were able to use very primitive druidism.
Humans are gross
07/20/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Jarvyn
After you leave the kingdom she becomes the SW druid trainer and sat in a little house just outside Dwarf district until Legion when they gave her a voice and a part of the story in Val'sharah.

I always loved the little easter egg with her where she would turn into a worgen at night and be a human during the day. i thought that was a cute addition to her character.
07/20/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Maizou
Incorrect. They weren't Druids. They used some primitive nature magic, but aren't Druids. Druids are tied to the Emerald Dream. That's how the Worgen became Druids. Celestine isn't exactly a Druid. She's like the Valewalkers. She also goes against all lore by making her a Druid trainer when she's merely a Harvest Witch and has always irritated me.
I, personally, wouldn't mind if druids could be human. I would race change. Tried worgen but I don't like the animations or the female worgen form.
No but the Wildhammer clan has Druids.
Couldn't people actually make worgen druids and then get summoned out of the starting zone so they weren't turned into worgens in the first couple days of Cataclysm?
07/20/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Édgelord
Couldn't people actually make worgen druids and then get summoned out of the starting zone so they weren't turned into worgens in the first couple days of Cataclysm?

IT worked for a while, but eventually blizzard made a hotfix that if you turned level 8 or above you would auto worgenize
07/20/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Édgelord
I think they fixed it. And why would you do that? I'd think it'd mess everything up.

As for the Wildhammer "Druids," again, they're like the Valewalkers and Harvest Witches. They have learned nature magic and have a relationship with the earth, but they aren't linked to the Emerald Dream or the the Wild Gods.

Can it be used as a lame excuse for making them Druids? If Blizz is desperate enough, probably. Which will anger me to no end. Druids have a deep connection to the Wild Gods and the Emerald Dream. Using nature magic isn't the same.
Short answer, elves are the druids, particular the nature based ones.
07/20/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Meatbicycle
So we're leaving out the Tauren and Trolls? LOL Thise races connected within the Emerald Dream and with the Wild Gods. They have just as much of a connection as the Kaldorei. ;)
No because to be a druid you have to be close to nature. Humans are hardly that.
07/20/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Thallia
LOL Thise races connected within the Emerald Dream and with the Wild Gods.

I was contemplating all the RPG's I've ever played, not just WoW. General consensus, elves are always druids. WoW is merely an exception.
07/20/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Thallia
07/20/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Meatbicycle
So we're leaving out the Tauren and Trolls? LOL Thise races connected within the Emerald Dream and with the Wild Gods. They have just as much of a connection as the Kaldorei. ;)

Yeah!
07/20/2017 11:21 AMPosted by Terbin
auto worgenize

Saving that one for later...+1
Humans are versatile and it seems they can pretty much do anything they set their mind too.

I don't think its a human CAN'T be a druid, it's more of why would they want to be and why would a Night Elf teach team.