Are RP Realms friendly to New Players?

General Discussion
Just started WOW over a week ago and wondering if there were any RP servers that is recommended or friendly enough to new folks like myself? The RP Community looks fun and I want to try it for myself.
two of the best are moonguard and wyrmrest accord. But like all servers you will find friendly and not so friendly people.
We tend to be nice here, just avoid goldshire.
If you try Moon Guard, stay the hell out of the Goldshire Inn. It's for your own good.
Come to WrA Horde. Orgrimmar here is the biggest hotspot for walkup RP (casual beginner friendly stuff.) If you do decide to roll here, send me a tell and I'd love to help you out.
Bruh, come on over to Wyrmrest Accord!

For a small fee I'll show ya the sites, point out all the best places to do business, get ya in tight with a stylist and set cha up for some connections. Travel, insurance, food & beverage, medical coverage an' flea spray is all extra.

I'll leave ya the name of my lawyer, fabulous Ogre. Just don't stare at the other head; she's my collector.
From what I've seen, more Ally tend to stay around Stormwind Moon Guard and Horde for WRA. Been on Wyrmrest since 2009 and I don't have any real complaints other than a few people here and there.

You might find the best atmosphere for rp in guilds. Ask around and see if anyone minds helping out. There are a lot of folks who are nice enough to do so usually.
Stay away from Gold!@#$e!

If going Horde I recommend Wyrmrest Accord. If going Alliance head to Moon Guard.
What is this Goldshire people keep mentioning?

In truth, a bunch of trolls from other servers all standing around and trying to out-troll each other. And a bit laggy during certain times. Occasional horde player running in to fight/kill people unexpectedly.
What is this Goldshire people keep mentioning?

Given your name, I'm surprised you've never heard of it...
07/22/2017 04:15 PMPosted by Sairia

well to be fair gold shire is known to be 'friendly'
MG = Alliance
WrA = Horde
07/22/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Seger
07/22/2017 04:15 PMPosted by Sairia

well to be fair gold shire is known to be 'friendly'
It depends what you mean by friendly.
ok well I play on Dream and it's an RP server and I never have had any trouble.
LF someone to ook my dooker @ Goldshire.
07/22/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Barcaley
ok well I play on Dream and it's an RP server and I never have had any trouble.
Except that Emerald Dream is a PvP gankfest, camper-heaven, zerg-infested nightmare where the entire server crashes because of multiboxers not getting what they want or entire Guilds do nothing but slaughter everything in their path. Ya know, for reasons?

There is so little RP on Dream you'd have more success of finding 'em on a Normal server. I'd rather spend all my time in Goldshire, then stay an hour on ED. If you wanna role play my furry friend, Moon Guard & Wyrmrest Accord is where all the action is!
Both Moonguard and Wyrmrest Accord are great servers with tons of cool people!
Hey, don't forget about all of us over on Sentinels/Steamwheedle Cartel/Kirin Tor! :(

There may not be as much random RP around anymore, but we're still nice people with a cheaper economy!
OP -- good luck on your quest! Sadly, I've always been disappointed at the lack of RP on RP realms. I've tried several, at different points in the game, for multiple levels.

Character names? No different.

Trade chat? No different.

Ability to get people to join in to RP? No luck.

People say you have to join a guild. Well I can find RP guilds on any realm.
WrA has been pretty accommodating to my friends and myself these past, uh, nine years. We have active folks both on Alliance and Horde- not sure where this idea that either realm is better for one faction over the other came from.