Worst Alliance PVP Since I started

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 10 Next
I dont know if its this bad for everyone else, but i'm on Stormrage, and the random BG's are... its hard to fathom.

Me and friends play or solo que, I have won ONE battleground in 3 days.

Its not even close matches. We get absolutely trashed every single game. Even when I try to direct our teams, like I told the team to go WW (waterworks) i showed up at WW as our only healer to get promptly smashed when me and ONE other person showed up at WW.

How has pvp become this bad? Its to the point now that pvp is not fun, at all. You have no hope of winning BG's as alliance (at least not on my server)

I used to think GW2 pvp was bad till I came back to wow. At least there you have an even chance of winning every game and not one faction is good at pvp while the other just gets promptly raped game after game after game.
Yup. Alliance is horrible now. I mean really really bad..
I've always had like 60-70% win on all my toons in previous expansions...this time im at 52% been dropping for a while started at like 60%ish (new toon).

Ally does seem to have it harder honestly...just go horde if you really want easy wins...or premade (which I don't see as a reliable queue method takes too long to org and even then might not be good enough for the wins...)
I feel like I've been winning a lot more often lately (I'm on Misha), but some BGs we still get stomped in. I'm fine with losing though, as long as the team worked together and put forth some effort. I tend to enjoy it a lot more when queuing with a friend or two, but the outcome of the bg still usually hinges on whether or not the rest of the team wants to actually play objectives.

(minor edit for clarification)
I know for sure that the horde doing merc that troll alliance bgs should not be able to queue alliance again. You know how many games ive had where a horde claims hes so good and I should be thankful that hes helping me lose the game. When you do some pvp games. Just look at whos not helping whos leaving the games whos trolling the chats. I thought about this and ive had armory tabbed and its unbelievable how many horde that are queueing alliance and not doing crap but sitting in middle
07/21/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Kreeperz
I know for sure that the horde doing merc that troll alliance bgs should not be able to queue alliance again. You know how many games ive had where a horde claims hes so good and I should be thankful that hes helping me lose the game. When you do some pvp games. Just look at whos not helping whos leaving the games whos trolling the chats. I thought about this and ive had armory tabbed and its unbelievable how many horde that are queueing alliance and not doing crap but sitting in middle

They need to get rid of Mercenary Mode, if people want the fast queues then let them switch to alliance. Would be even better if they enforced group comps too to let them wait for a decent group to be formed before popping.
Yeah I've noticed that recently, I've won 12 of the last 16 BGs I've done. Some of them are vicious blowouts too.

That doesn't mean that doesn't happen to Horde too (believe me I've seen some effing horrible Horde teams), but as of late the W/L ratio is definitely leaning to Horde.

This would actually explain a fair amount. Way too often I've seen people basically almost trying NOT to win, for both sides.
07/21/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Byniri

This would actually explain a fair amount. Way too often I've seen people basically almost trying NOT to win, for both sides.

Path of least resistance. If you don't care about winning BGs so much as grinding honor... hmm... instant Qs plus bonus honor or 15 minute Qs...

I use World Quest Group Finder quite a bit, or did. This week every pvp world quest I've joined has 1-2 moochers in it. It's not just the BGs. It's just mercing in BGs has the ability to funnel the mooching from both sides.

Almost sounds like a concept for a PvP Brawl. One member from each faction gets placed on the opposing side's team and tries to sabotage them. Too bad that actually happens in normal BGs sometimes.
I did bgs last night and got WSG. The horde won every single TF and slaughtered us on the boards. You know what though? We won by actually playing the objective and capitalizing on their over aggressiveness. When they pushed up to try and farm we cut behind and killed fc. Dont get me wrong I lose a good portion before I get a win but it is definately doable even if you are getting "farmed".
I'm not completely sure what changed in Legion. I remember the Alliance doing better as a whole in past expansions. But holy hell what is going on? I'm lucky to get a full team, let alone win a game. Of course I could switch to horde and be done with it but I shouldn't have to switch factions just to gets some more balanced games. I'm fine with losing games here and there, but in a lot of my games, the alliance is down 2-4 players while the horde just stomps us. I don't think it's a "learn to play" issue. It's a matchmaking and balance issue that I'm willing to bet won't be addressed until next expansion.
I'm not completely sure what changed in Legion. I remember the Alliance doing better as a whole in past expansions. But holy hell what is going on? I'm lucky to get a full team, let alone win a game. Of course I could switch to horde and be done with it but I shouldn't have to switch factions just to gets some more balanced games. I'm fine with losing games here and there, but in a lot of my games, the alliance is down 2-4 players while the horde just stomps us. I don't think it's a "learn to play" issue. It's a matchmaking and balance issue that I'm willing to bet won't be addressed until next expansion.

Pretty optimistic given that it has always been this way.

The only real solution is to dispense with factions completely in random BGs and have everyone use the same queue to get sorted into Red Team/Blue Team.

Of course, Blizzard make more money if they see-saw racial imbalance between Horde and Alliance each expansion forcing you to hand over your hard-earned to buy a ticket to not having a horrible year and a half in casual PVP.
As a Horde, I'm loving random BG's at the moment. I haven't done them much before, but am finding horde has a decent win ratio on my server. Tough matches are a pleasant surprise, like winning BGs with no healers, which has happened a few times. That I can remember winning without healers more often than having lost without healers is kinda odd.
Lets not forget on most expansions Alliance had a much better win ratio than Horde.

This too shall pass.
07/22/2017 06:30 AMPosted by Grit
Lets not forget on most expansions Alliance had a much better win ratio than Horde.

This too shall pass.

Way wrong. There has only been one expansion that Alliance had a much better win ratio than Horde, and that was WoD.
Lol baddies. I didn't lose a game last night, played for about two hours....

Of course I am smart enough to make a group before I Que.

Good luck blaming your faction!
07/22/2017 06:39 AMPosted by Miadra

This too shall pass.

Way wrong. There has only been one expansion that Alliance had a much better win ratio than Horde, and that was WoD.

and the horde complained the entire expansion. got blizzard to rework racials
07/22/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Jahman

oh wow you won a premade you were in? must of been hard having an advantage vs a random team................
07/22/2017 06:39 AMPosted by Miadra

This too shall pass.

Way wrong. It was 1/2 to 2/3 of the expansion where Alliance had a better win rate. After all the fotm Tryhards switched because they thought it mattered.

Either way, if your not grouping, you'll get stomped by either faction.
07/22/2017 07:19 AMPosted by Kreeperz
07/22/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Jahman

oh wow you won a premade you were in? must of been hard having an advantage vs a random team................

/Facepalm
No it was easy, hence why you'll want to group.