Artifact Quest Missing

Customer Support
Recently transferred servers and boom, my quest for the artifact weapon went MIA back to never to be found land. i left new dalaran and came back multiple times to see if that little midget would show up with the quest but no....now im stuck doing quests and boring my mind out since i cant do dungeons or anything cuz I DONT HAVE A WEAPON!!!! sent a ticket to blizz....still waiting, and seems that this is been an issue that have not been yet to be resolved by blizz!!!!!
If you already started the chain you need to figure out where you left off and go there to pick up the next quest.

Unless you had only just picked up the initial weapon quest and done nothing else, you likely aren't going to find where you left off at in Dalaran or your order hall.

Check the guide on wowhead for the weapon you were working on and start retracing your steps.
You need to find the quest where you left off. Try Wowhead or Icy-veins.
07/27/2017 05:11 AMPosted by Ätïrä
still waiting, and seems that this is been an issue that have not been yet to be resolved by blizz!!!!!

It seems there is a little misinformation here so I wanted to clarify. There are currently no issues with the Priest Artifact Weapon questlines and there haven't been for awhile. So I am not entirely certain what issues we have "yet to resolve" there.

In the majority of situations the person who is working on picking up their Artifact Weapon is simply not looking in the correct place to pick the quest back up. In this case you were working on the Discipline Artifact Weapon Light's Wrath. The last quest you completed was "A Forgotten Enemy", which ended in Dragonblight.

If you look at your map of Dragonblight you should see an exclamation point indicating where you should go to pick it back up. :)
07/27/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Vrakthris
still waiting, and seems that this is been an issue that have not been yet to be resolved by blizz!!!!!

It seems there is a little misinformation here so I wanted to clarify. There are currently no issues with the Priest Artifact Weapon questlines and there haven't been for awhile. So I am not entirely certain what issues we have "yet to resolve" there.

In the majority of situations the person who is working on picking up their Artifact Weapon is simply not looking in the correct place to pick the quest back up. In this case you were working on the Discipline Artifact Weapon Light's Wrath. The last quest you completed was "A Forgotten Enemy", which ended in Dragonblight.

If you look at your map of Dragonblight you should see an exclamation point indicating where you should go to pick it back up. :)

rekt..
didnt say there is an issue....i said, i took the quest, I DID NOT STARTED to do anything with it, paid the transfer, when i logged back in, the quest was gone....so i have no clue where to go or what would be "the next step"
07/28/2017 03:00 AMPosted by Ätïrä
so i have no clue where to go or what would be "the next step"

07/27/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Vrakthris
In this case you were working on the Discipline Artifact Weapon Light's Wrath. The last quest you completed was "A Forgotten Enemy", which ended in Dragonblight.

didnt say there is an issue....

??????

Yeah, ya kind of did...

seems that this is been an issue that have not been yet to be resolved by blizz!!!!!

so i have no clue where to go or what would be "the next step"

As for this Mulberry quoted the valid text from where Vrak was so kind as to tell you exactly where you needed to go.
Balance weapon not being offered. Where do I need to pickup questline. Thanx
i took the quest, I DID NOT STARTED to do anything with it
With transfers, currently active quests can be dropped. It doesn't matter if quests were just picked up, or if they are partially completed. In your case, like Vrak mentioned above, you would just need to go pick it back up from the NPC that originally gave it to you.

The good thing is that with the important quests, such as legendary, artifact weapon, main story lines, etc, the next step in the quest chains are marked on the map with larger than usual exclamation points making them easy to spot.
07/28/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Badgas
Typically, Customer Support is not for giving out game hints. Yes, sometimes a Blue is nearby and has free moment to look something up, but it's never guaranteed. Your best bet is to use some self help resources such as 3rd party fan sites to research quest chains, or asking around in the relevant player forums.
07/28/2017 07:24 AMPosted by Levíathan
i took the quest, I DID NOT STARTED to do anything with it
As a normal part of a transfer, currently active quests can be dropped. It doesn't matter if quests were just picked up, or if they are partially completed. In your case, like Vrak mentioned above, you would just need to go pick it back up from the NPC that originally gave it to you.

The good thing is that with the important quests, such as legendary, artifact weapon, main story lines, etc, the next step in the quest chains are marked on the map with larger than usual exclamation points making them easy to spot.
07/28/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Badgas
Typically, Customer Support is not for giving out game hints. Yes, sometimes a Blue is nearby and has free moment to look something up, but it's never guaranteed. Your best bet is to use some self help resources such as 3rd party fan sites to research quest chains, or asking around in the relevant player forums.

Not asking for game hints Balance weapon not being offered to me. What am I doing wrong??
07/28/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Badgas
Not asking for game hints Balance weapon not being offered to me. What am I doing wrong??
It usually indicates that you started and possibly abandoned one the artifact quest chains. You need to check the locations of those quest chains to see where you left off, if they aren't in your bag already.

If it's not being offered at all that means you've either already started the quest chain for the balance weapon or you've already started (and not finished) the quest chain for another spec.

Once you start one of the artifact weapon quest chains you have to finish it before you'll be able to start another.

In either case, you'll need to figure out which weapon quest line you've already started and retrace your steps to see where you left off using a guide for that weapon. Wowhead has step-by-step guides for each weapon that will help with this.
Understand that what you are asking for is help in playing/progressing in the game, which is asking for a game play hint. "What am I doing wrong" is specifically asking the creators for information in a game that was designed for players to explore and discover what to do on their own (together).

As Ruffle and Eppa corroborated, your best course of action is either continuing to explore, or use your fellow players as resources. That can be done in game, on the gameplay (non-support) forums, 3rd party websites, etc.

I'm not saying that a Blue won't be by here to help out, just don't expect it. You may even get your situation resolved on your own before any Blues pass by.
07/28/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Levíathan
Understand that what you are asking for is help in playing/progressing in the game, which is asking for a game play hint. "What am I doing wrong" is specifically asking the creators for information in a game that was designed for players to explore and discover what to do on their own (together).

Well put.

There are a great many resources at your disposal, and can help point you in the right direction. Wowhead or Icy-veins is just a couple, you can also talk to your fellow players if you are stuck on a particular step as odds are they may have encountered the same thing. Knowing your destination often helps since you can look up "Scythe of Elune" on a site like Wowhead and find guides that list the required quests involved. You can use quest tracking options on these sites and even macro commands you can use in-game to verify which ones you may have completed, which will tell you where to go next.

Generally speaking, if you have a quest available that is from an important questline (Main Order Hall quest, Artifact Weapon Questline, Important story progression through a Zone, etc...) there will be an exclamation point on the map to indicate it. The tricky part, and something that seems to cause a bit of confusion, is not all quests involved in all Legion questlines remain within the confines of the Broken Isle.

For Artifact Weapon, Order Halls and even quests involving the history of key figures, you may need to visit other areas of Azeroth or even the Outland.

For instance, the last quest you completed for the Balance Artifact Weapon was "Disturbing the Past", which took place in the Deadwind Pass. The next quest "The Deadwind Hunt", comes from Revil Kost who is waiting there for you. If you look at your map of Deadwind Pass you should see the exclamation point beckoning you to go there. :)
For those who took the time to offer constructive assistance to these players, thank you. To Blizzard, it is probably worth noting the Legion has been full of quest and artifact related content that players have difficulty identifying the missing step. A good example - the acquisition of the Feral druid hidden artifact skin/owlcat appearance. Once you follow the noise through the portals, there's no indicator what to do next. Perhaps something to improve on in the future?
07/28/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Tadryth
Perhaps something to improve on in the future?
If you feel that a change needs to be made, you are welcome to submit a suggestion to that effect.

However, the Support Forums are not a proper venue for suggestions or feedback, as the Support Forum Agents here are not liaisons to the Devs and the Devs do not come here for suggestions or feedback.

Suggesting Improvements for Blizzard Games: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/World-of-Warcraft-Suggestions-and-Feedback
For those who took the time to offer constructive assistance to these players, thank you. To Blizzard, it is probably worth noting the Legion has been full of quest and artifact related content that players have difficulty identifying the missing step. A good example - the acquisition of the Feral druid hidden artifact skin/owlcat appearance. Once you follow the noise through the portals, there's no indicator what to do next. Perhaps something to improve on in the future?

well said Tad
A good example - the acquisition of the Feral druid hidden artifact skin/owlcat appearance. Once you follow the noise through the portals, there's no indicator what to do next. Perhaps something to improve on in the future?
That what wowhead, icy-veins and the class forums are for.
07/28/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Vrakthris
07/28/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Levíathan

Well put.

There are a great many resources at your disposal, and can help point you in the right direction. Wowhead or Icy-veins is just a couple, you can also talk to your fellow players if you are stuck on a particular step as odds are they may have encountered the same thing. Knowing your destination often helps since you can look up "Scythe of Elune" on a site like Wowhead and find guides that list the required quests involved. You can use quest tracking options on these sites and even macro commands you can use in-game to verify which ones you may have completed, which will tell you where to go next.

Generally speaking, if you have a quest available that is from an important questline (Main Order Hall quest, Artifact Weapon Questline, Important story progression through a Zone, etc...) there will be an exclamation point on the map to indicate it. The tricky part, and something that seems to cause a bit of confusion, is not all quests involved in all Legion questlines remain within the confines of the Broken Isle.

For Artifact Weapon, Order Halls and even quests involving the history of key figures, you may need to visit other areas of Azeroth or even the Outland.

For instance, the last quest you completed for the Balance Artifact Weapon was "Disturbing the Past", which took place in the Deadwind Pass. The next quest "The Deadwind Hunt", comes from Revil Kost who is waiting there for you. If you look at your map of Deadwind Pass you should see the exclamation point beckoning you to go there. :)

It should also be noted that this step bugs out on the artifact questlines that involve the Dark Riders and Revil Kost. I was doing the Affliction questline on my Warlock alt and Revil just disappeared at the step where he gives you the quest to go down under the tower in the final scenario. I had to put in a ticket and have a GM flag that step as completed and place the next quest in my active quest log.