Why is world pvp so garbage?

General Discussion
07/23/2017 08:32 AMPosted by Revendedora
07/23/2017 06:35 AMPosted by Laoghaire
also, this just happened:
http://imgur.com/a/fz0ev
good luck defending this crap

Judging by your ss, you deserved that, mades me think you are bolting people from behind and coming back to the shadow zone as soon as you get attacked.

nice try. you can judge from that ss that:
- I was fine
- I got literally one shotted by a 5.7million shuriken storm
- I died
- I ressed with amanthul thing
- I tried to catch the rogue who picked up the healing buff but obviously missed
- I ran to my safe zone knowing said rogue doesn't need his overpowered legendary to instagib me anyways
- I lifetapped twice

I can judge from you that you don't know how to kick/stun chaos bolts but yeah I got clearly outplayed
I think what happened there is Blizzard decided that trying to balance 1v1 (which makes up a lot of world PvP) causes too many unintended consequences in "important" PvP, so 1v1 is mostly ignored.
I'm going to revive a dead thread to throw my 2 cents into the ring.

When a paladin can 3-shot my 944 warlock with wall up, the game has problems and needs to be fixed.

Blizzard doesn't care about PVP. They haven't for a long time. BFA is a "PvP-Expansion" supposedly but I call BS.
All they gotta do is enable templates in wpvp. That would be a good start, but they could also let players adjust their stats within the templates so we have more control overy how we play. If that's too hard to balance, bring back WOD ilvl scaling. They could do a buck of stuff to help.... they are choosing not to for some reason.
I know its annoying,

Consider that PvP has always been about power.

Really cannot bang this gong hard enough.

Its about unfair. Making someone feel good.
Supplying emotional incentives.

in the past the classes were rotated a bit, one class being better, for awhile then the rest.

World Pvp is the ONLY place left for this 'style' of gameplay outside of PvE content.
At least its optional (soon). At least you will have a choice.

The dangers (if you accept that viewpoint) of using templates in World PvP are that they may end up being used in everything.

Let it die. Don't participate. At least then you wont be one of the people who assisted in the perception that 'balance' requires force.
I feel that when they had to balance PvP gear it promoted balance in world PvP as well with a few caveats. Once they removed the gear they removed the incentive to balance gear so they didn't.
04/16/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Roargathor
All they gotta do is enable templates in wpvp. That would be a good start, but they could also let players adjust their stats within the templates so we have more control overy how we play. If that's too hard to balance, bring back WOD ilvl scaling. They could do a buck of stuff to help.... they are choosing not to for some reason.

Enabling templates in WPvP could cause too many issues.

Let's say the templates are weaker than world content. A rogue hides in stealth and pokes you the second you enter combat with an elite mob and it flattens you.

Let's say the inverse. You can't defeat a world boss because you are bad, so you have an enemy player hit you to boost your stats and enable all of your pvp talents, the thing is right now we can still do that with those talents.

Just leave it. I don't see this level of complaining in game. It's just the super bitter making it to the forums to get their 15 seconds of attention.
04/16/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Malifiòus
I'm going to revive a dead thread to throw my 2 cents into the ring.

When a paladin can 3-shot my 944 warlock with wall up, the game has problems and needs to be fixed.

Blizzard doesn't care about PVP. They haven't for a long time. BFA is a "PvP-Expansion" supposedly but I call BS.

BAD orc. You knew you were necroing a thread and did it anyway!

YOu do know they did a pretty sizable balance patch for Wpvp two months ago, right?

Then ppl will just troll you , rogue will just shrunken throw you in stealth and splat 45% healing debuff, all defensive nerfed, all your stats completely changed. Whatever elite you are facing will kill you while i just stand there.

Rogue wpvp will then be a universal concept
You just need to be geared better that's all.

I remember when I hit LvL 110 fresh, my HP was at 2 million.
Now that I am geared better around ilvl 920. my HP is little over 4 million, twice than before, not just HP, but +Str, + Crit, + Haste, + versatility, + mastery as well.

But when I see really geared players, I see their HP at 5 mil or even 6 mil+, so yeah it's totally gear dependent now, but don't you think it's good? It gives you the goal to be stronger.

I agree the scaling is too drastic. Maybe gear differences will not be so drastic in BFA?, so everyone can have some fighting chances geared or not?, let's hope so...
Pvp in this game is terrible anyway

Don't get me wrong, it can be fun but, compared to many other games the pvp combat system in WoW is sub-par at best.

Because people in WB groups would be instantly nerfed the second some idiot steps in their AOE.