Playable Musical Instruments in WoW idea.

General Discussion
In another MMO called Guild Wars 2, there are a few toys that allow you to play instruments by changing your action bar into a new one that has all the low notes on one bar and the higher notes on another. Going through Youtube alot of people were able to play well known music from these toys our their own custom music. (Usually they ran a script but I digress). I was thinking, unlike GW2 we can put multiple action bars out at once and Blizz could make some instrument toys that we could play for others to hear.

Thoughts?
They have a similar system in LOTRO. As a musician, I loved the whole process of programming songs into the game for my character to play. It added a whole different aspect to the game. Even playing on the keyboard was fun once I got used to it.

My guild was able to put on concerts for passerbys with up to eight people playing together. Bohemian Rhapsody always killed ;)

I am biased as a musician, but I would love to see system like this in wow. I would spend hours and days programming music to share.
See, now you h8ers who h8ed on my previous threads are starting to rip them off; I made a post suggesting this a few hours ago
"WoW is losing subs because it has no guitars"

You said it was losing subscriptions because it had no guitars.

He's giving an idea, in a far more constructive way.

Learn the difference.
Id be down for it even if it was just like the skyrim mod where you have a relatively small list of preset songs, but being able to make your own would be even better.
This is an awsome idea!

I used to play an mmo called Mabinogi (around cata/MoP time). It had a bunch of instruments you could collect (Mandolins, Harps, Tubas, Xylophones, Crash Symbols, Chimes, etc.). The music was written on musical scrolls in its own language where you could choose the tempo and note. When you wielded the instrument and musical scroll and used the Play Musical Instrument skill, you (attempted) to play your scroll and it broadcasted the song to everyone in range. It ended up like a profession, people would write scores and trade/sell them to each other or post them online so the tone death could copy/paste into their own (assuming their composing skill was high enough).
I am going to vote no.
If this became a thing I would so rock the accordion then all would know how much of an Alpha I am.
07/24/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Callipygia

Learn the difference.

plz stop defending plagiarism; just because he rewrote my ideas in a more boring way doesnt make it ok
07/24/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Depressing

Learn the difference.

plz stop defending plagiarism; just because he rewrote my ideas in a more boring way doesnt make it ok

WoW can live without this idea. I just thought it would be a cool idea. And for the record. I didn't steal it from you. As I said in the OP I got the idea from Guild Wars 2. Although I will admit that your clickbait title did remind me of it.
07/24/2017 11:31 PMPosted by Sanngrior
I am going to vote no.
i vote yes
bump
07/24/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Depressing

Learn the difference.

That'd make sense if blizzard gave anyone other than themselves credit. Until then, get over it. If you want it done then why are you crying about who suggests it?
WoW needs tubas, xylophones, didgeridoos and pan flutes.
Bard class sounds great
WoW can't have fun content

/thread
07/24/2017 11:25 PMPosted by Leöpard
tone death

Tone deaf
Finally a use for having to learn to read music in grade school! Okay, so it was 30 years ago but I still recall enough that picking it back up should be fairly quick.

As long as you can turn off listening I'm okay with it. Plus ignore should ignore musical effects. I'm sure some people will just get annoying with it.

If only we had then when I was off tanking Blood Queen in ICC. :)
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Bard
I got my piccolo I don't need anything else