Bright!

Movies, TV and Entertainment
I thought this was a TV show.

*starts praying it doesn't end up like R.I.P.D *
07/21/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Deathchix

It's just an actor. Most of them are scummy high-strung arrogant people you wouldn't like. As long as they do their job, I don't care.

Cuz the movies...ahh, the movies.
yeah but some i like despite that. smith takes the cake on it. can't stand him anymore.

I agree, I can't stand Will Smith. A long time ago, when mTV used to show music videos 90% of the time and other stuff 10%, now it's the other way around, Will Smith won best rap video. When he got up to accept the award, he said, "My video goes to show that you don't have to have cuss words in videos to win."

Oh, sure, Mr. Holier then Thou!!! Like you never said a bad word in your life? Not that a rap video HAS to have swear words, but so what if they do? Grow up Will.
07/21/2017 07:34 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
I thought this was a TV show.

*starts praying it doesn't end up like R.I.P.D *

R.I.P.D is just phenomenal in how it didn't work. Take Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds. Two actors who can turn out great, hilarious performances. Now, give them 0 good material in a bad plot piggybacking on a some what interesting idea.

It takes talent to make a movie with an interesting idea and good actors bomb phenomenally.
"From the director of Suicide Squad"

i'm out.
It sounds more like a parody than an actual movie to me=/
07/21/2017 08:36 PMPosted by Baridorielor
"From the director of Suicide Squad"

i'm out.

Yeah that kinda seals to the deal for me too. Also Will Smith hasn't turned out any good performances in a while.
Looks OK, but Will Smith has been in some real crud lately. I think he is the next one to be sent to the "B" movies, if he doesn't quit picking crud.
This is going to suck
07/23/2017 03:20 AMPosted by Kybeorie
Looks OK, but Will Smith has been in some real crud lately. I think he is the next one to be sent to the "B" movies, if he doesn't quit picking crud.

He's been in crud for a LONG time and will never stop getting roles and millions upon millions thrown at his feet. What was the last great movie he had? He always plays the young urban guy (even though he's now like 50) who has cocky remarks and can seemingly do anything effortlessly. I never watched Ali or Pursuit of happiness so I have no idea how they were, but most of his other films are complete garbage. Audiences eat it up though.
I watched the trailer, it looked terrible, and I was nodding along going ORCS! ORCS! ORCS!

So, I will watch it.
I just finished watching, wow! it was a great movie. If you play this game you need to see this movie. Orcs, Elves, magic wands they even talked about Dwarvs.
12/22/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Bloodwisper
I just finished watching, wow! it was a great movie. If you play this game you need to see this movie. Orcs, Elves, magic wands they even talked about Dwarvs.
Was it really worth bumping a half-year old thread to comment on this?
12/22/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Nalliah
12/22/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Bloodwisper
Was it really worth bumping a half-year old thread to comment on this?

It was either that or start a new one. So you would not have been ok no matter what I did.
12/22/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Bloodwisper
<span class="truncated">...</span>Was it really worth bumping a half-year old thread to comment on this?

It was either that or start a new one. So you would not have been ok no matter what I did.

^^ Bloodwisper nailed it.

Was able to tear myself away from work for 15 minutes to see the opening of Bright. I'll try to catch it later, the wifi up here sucks when trying to stream with 1900+ other people all streaming on the same hub.

One of the guys up at work took a break from delivering tankers filled with biocide, so it was cool seeing the Orc vs. Elf graffiti on the buildings.

The premise does kind of remind me of the Shadowrun tabletop & novels (and that obnoxious pc game). Maybe a touch of the Rift tabletop - both deal with Magic resurging in the normal world, so maybe get to see something better than Ironfist (plz god).
I liked the setting and would watch other movies set in it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Was it really worth bumping a half-year old thread to comment on this?

Exactly. The forum police whine at every "necro" or will tell you "would a forum search been too hard?" when creating a new topic. You can't win w/ these people and what in the heck does it matter anyway.

As for this show...it is nothing new, just a cheap rip-off of Alien Nation from back in the 80's.
12/23/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Snarlsbarkly

Exactly. The forum police whine at every "necro" or will tell you "would a forum search been too hard?" when creating a new topic. You can't win w/ these people and what in the heck does it matter anyway.

As for this show...it is nothing new, just a cheap rip-off of Alien Nation from back in the 80's.

Perhaps but, it's got Orcs and the Elves did segregate themselves into their own little posh culture city, like I thought they would. They were so busy scraping their noses on the ceiling, that they missed the open manhole at their feet ^.^
Can't believe they just filmed me parking in Silvermoon

https://i.imgur.com/NvX6UuF.png
I enjoyed it though was very political and rivals todays events well sort of. They could of chose anyone but willsmith to make it better
12/24/2017 05:37 AMPosted by Helennas
Can't believe they just filmed me parking in Silvermoon

https://i.imgur.com/NvX6UuF.png

lmfao I'm going to watch it now