Legion pvp is a joke

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
08/29/2017 04:17 PMPosted by Mafic

it wasn't closed!

there still be green geared noobs ruining bgs getting melted

you saying wrecking noobs before that had no chance more fun then over noobs have more chance now???

no one cares about holinki anymore but templates were best thing ever

you and gamers like you just want big bad gear to use

why you yell at ilvl but want big wide gap again?

Green geared noobs are melted still when they enter BGs thinking templates help.

Noobs are still wrecked which is why templates failed.

Everyone had the opportunity to earn the same gear with a gear ceiling (conquest).

In summary you continue to fail to understand what people are saying but I guess that is what happens when you can't read haha.
I did and do fine with very low gear.
Shaman log: Day one of patch 7.3

I was told by a self proclaimed Rogue prophet that PvP would be unplayable after the patch.

I just won a TP while face tanking an Arms Warrior the entire match. I was disappointed I didn't die in two hits as was foretold.

http://imgur.com/a/ou7Cy

http://imgur.com/a/F5JO3
08/09/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Shazaaman
May as well be the twink 19 bracket. You die in like 2 seconds. This game is just not fun anymore. I resubbed but unsubbed fast as lightning.

2 main problems that Blizz changed that ruined pvp - things that never needed to be changed.

1. Removing actual pvp gear with resilience or pvp stats. Having this differentiated pvp players from pve players greatly. Now you have glass cannon pve players that really DON'T pvp at all that just blow you up... global you, since their mythic raid gear and high ilvl is ridiculous.

2. Giving every class a stun and/or heal. We used to have solid roles for 11 years. A healer was a healer. A dps was a dps. A tank was a tank. Utility was utility. Class specs are a mix of everything now which makes no sense to me when a lock or dk can out heal a healer or when a disc priest can out dps a dps for example. Not sure why on the 11th year Blizz devs decided to change EVERYTHING. I call WoW "World of Stuncraft" now. Most players die IN a stun that's never ending because you are stunned by everyone on the opposing team stun after stun. Trinketing out of 1 stun doesn't even matter anymore. PvP trinkets are more useless than they've ever been in 11 years. Before Legion, you could trinket and have a chance to counter. Now you trinket and get stunned by someone else. It's ridiculous.

They wonder why their subs are dropping so fast this year. Better believe it. Practically, everyone I've known since Nilla doesn't play WoW anymore. Most of them quit during WoD. A select few survived WoD PvP but it was pretty bad too. Those select few stayed to see if things would get better for Legion. Well, you know how that turned out lol. They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

I doubt it's going to get any better anytime soon and I will probably quit as well since all I do is PvP and don't enjoy it anymore since a lot of the things in PvP are just plain broken.

PvP has been a sinking ship since MoP because blizz devs made it that way. Obviously, all they really care about is PvE content and catering to PvE players. But, look what that got them? Subs are at its all time low. Practically, everyone I know quit. I had a guild with 900 active players all of which quit. Well, maybe 5 out of 900 are still active lol. I have multiple toons in different guilds and most of their players are inactive as well. I'm sure you can check your guild's activity and see that most of your guild players are inactive. This isn't coincidence. The trend is that more people are leaving this game than joining for about 4 years now. It's not that player's fault. People like me have been playing WoW for a decade. Obviously, I "loved" the game like everyone else I knew. So what happened? Blizz devs happened. Most games listen to the community before making hardcore changes. Blizz didn't even communicate with the community and that's why they have failed to satisfy the veteran players that's been playing WoW for years.

I guarantee you that if Blizz devs simply asked questions about what the community wanted or didn't want they wouldn't fail so much.

The community would have said HELL NO to a lot of the changes they made before releasing Legion or WoD for that matter.

Give everyone a heal? NO.
Give everyone a stun? NO.
Give everyone a snare? NO.
Remove PvP gear? NO.
Remove PvP stats? NO.
Remove ranked PvP gear? NO.
Add worthless marks of honor? NO.
Make PvP gear rng drops? NO. (sadly, most PvE gear is better than PvP gear anyway)
Disable Engineering in PvP environments? NO.
^^this really bugs me. I have 5 toons that's been max engineering since nilla/bc. Now, they are pretty useless since the majority of the "fun" engineering perks aren't usable in pvp anymore.

And wtf is prestige for anyway? Seems like a useless implementation.

The list goes on and on and on.

I'm sure other players can add to this list with their own personal experiences.
08/29/2017 10:52 PMPosted by Magix
Now you have glass cannon pve players that really DON'T pvp at all that just blow you up... global you, since their mythic raid gear and high ilvl is ridiculous.

In wpvp.. we're in the BG forums.

when a lock or dk can out heal a healer or when a disc priest can out dps a dps for example.

If this is happening, it's due to really bad players.

Most players die IN a stun that's never ending because you are stunned by everyone on the opposing team stun after stun. Trinketing out of 1 stun doesn't even matter anymore.

1vx isn't, and never should be, a good situation to be in.

They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

That's opinion.
08/29/2017 11:04 PMPosted by Jugajr
Now you have glass cannon pve players that really DON'T pvp at all that just blow you up... global you, since their mythic raid gear and high ilvl is ridiculous.

In wpvp.. we're in the BG forums.

when a lock or dk can out heal a healer or when a disc priest can out dps a dps for example.

If this is happening, it's due to really bad players.

Most players die IN a stun that's never ending because you are stunned by everyone on the opposing team stun after stun. Trinketing out of 1 stun doesn't even matter anymore.

1vx isn't, and never should be, a good situation to be in.

They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

That's opinion.

Actually, I'm talking about bg's. More high end raiders are more decked out than your average pvper because of ilvl. I mean I pvp all day and my ilvl is crap compared to your average mythic raider with ilvl 920-930. It will take me months to get that high unless I actually raid which I don't.

I'm also speaking in general. Not bg heroes or pros. In a general state bg's are broken. Are you telling me you like the state of pvp? Doubtful. Nobody does. We're just stuck with it that's all.
08/30/2017 12:29 AMPosted by Magix
I'm also speaking in general. Not bg heroes or pros.

So you mean those who log on for like a handful of random BGs a night or what?
08/30/2017 12:41 AMPosted by Jugajr
08/30/2017 12:29 AMPosted by Magix
I'm also speaking in general. Not bg heroes or pros.

So you mean those who log on for like a handful of random BGs a night or what?

Nope, I'm talking about the majority of people. I probably have like 4 million hks and not exaggerating since I got bloodthirsty like 9 years ago when it wasn't even shared across toons. I have 6 toons with 1800+ RBG rating achievs. I bg a lot more than most. Not sure what you're trying to prove or why you just want to respond by attacking me. My issue is with blizz not you.
I probably have like 4 million hks and not exaggerating since I got bloodthirsty like 9 years ago when it wasn't even shared across toons, so I bg a lot more than most.

So you're a BG hero like me and the rest... You should not be having problems.
08/30/2017 01:17 AMPosted by Magix
since I got bloodthirsty like 9 years ago

Or 5 years ago:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/akama/ulquiorra/achievements/player-vs-player.. grats anyway
I probably have like 4 million hks and not exaggerating since I got bloodthirsty like 9 years ago when it wasn't even shared across toons.

And?

I have 6 toons with 1800+ RBG rating achievs.

What's your point?

I bg a lot more than most.

Everyone that posts here BG's a lot.

Not sure what you're trying to prove or why you just want to respond by attacking me. My issue is with blizz not you.

Having a discussion isn't attacking you.
Practically, everyone I've known since Nilla doesn't play WoW anymore. Most of them quit during WoD. A select few survived WoD PvP but it was pretty bad too. Those select few stayed to see if things would get better for Legion. Well, you know how that turned out lol. They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

This. It is sad to log on and see all the darkened names, and know I probably wont ever see them in WoW again, unless some miracle happens and Blizz comes to it's senses about pvp.
Agreed. Except we all last longer than 2 seconds in the 19 bracket. I see longer 1v1 fights here than I do at 110.
Came back for 7.3, left because 7.3.

Glad to see the same fanboys are still supporting this flaming fecal sack. See you wood apes in a few more months!
I absolutely hate this expansion in regards towards pvp.
It could just be me, but MoP pvp was the absolute best. It truly seemed balanced then.

I miss being able to use trinkets and profession perks in battle grounds.
08/09/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Shazaaman
May as well be the twink 19 bracket. You die in like 2 seconds. This game is just not fun anymore. I resubbed but unsubbed fast as lightning.

2 main problems that Blizz changed that ruined pvp - things that never needed to be changed.

1. Removing actual pvp gear with resilience or pvp stats. Having this differentiated pvp players from pve players greatly. Now you have glass cannon pve players that really DON'T pvp at all that just blow you up... global you, since their mythic raid gear and high ilvl is ridiculous.

2. Giving every class a stun and/or heal. We used to have solid roles for 11 years. A healer was a healer. A dps was a dps. A tank was a tank. Utility was utility. Class specs are a mix of everything now which makes no sense to me when a lock or dk can out heal a healer or when a disc priest can out dps a dps for example. Not sure why on the 11th year Blizz devs decided to change EVERYTHING. I call WoW "World of Stuncraft" now. Most players die IN a stun that's never ending because you are stunned by everyone on the opposing team stun after stun. Trinketing out of 1 stun doesn't even matter anymore. PvP trinkets are more useless than they've ever been in 11 years. Before Legion, you could trinket and have a chance to counter. Now you trinket and get stunned by someone else. It's ridiculous.

They wonder why their subs are dropping so fast this year. Better believe it. Practically, everyone I've known since Nilla doesn't play WoW anymore. Most of them quit during WoD. A select few survived WoD PvP but it was pretty bad too. Those select few stayed to see if things would get better for Legion. Well, you know how that turned out lol. They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

I doubt it's going to get any better anytime soon and I will probably quit as well since all I do is PvP and don't enjoy it anymore since a lot of the things in PvP are just plain broken.

PvP has been a sinking ship since MoP because blizz devs made it that way. Obviously, all they really care about is PvE content and catering to PvE players. But, look what that got them? Subs are at its all time low. Practically, everyone I know quit. I had a guild with 900 active players all of which quit. Well, maybe 5 out of 900 are still active lol. I have multiple toons in different guilds and most of their players are inactive as well. I'm sure you can check your guild's activity and see that most of your guild players are inactive. This isn't coincidence. The trend is that more people are leaving this game than joining for about 4 years now. It's not that player's fault. People like me have been playing WoW for a decade. Obviously, I "loved" the game like everyone else I knew. So what happened? Blizz devs happened. Most games listen to the community before making hardcore changes. Blizz didn't even communicate with the community and that's why they have failed to satisfy the veteran players that's been playing WoW for years.

I guarantee you that if Blizz devs simply asked questions about what the community wanted or didn't want they wouldn't fail so much.

The community would have said HELL NO to a lot of the changes they made before releasing Legion or WoD for that matter.

Give everyone a heal? NO.
Give everyone a stun? NO.
Give everyone a snare? NO.
Remove PvP gear? NO.
Remove PvP stats? NO.
Remove ranked PvP gear? NO.
Add worthless marks of honor? NO.
Make PvP gear rng drops? NO. (sadly, most PvE gear is better than PvP gear anyway)
Disable Engineering in PvP environments? NO.
^^this really bugs me. I have 5 toons that's been max engineering since nilla/bc. Now, they are pretty useless since the majority of the "fun" engineering perks aren't usable in pvp anymore.

And wtf is prestige for anyway? Seems like a useless implementation.

The list goes on and on and on.

I'm sure other players can add to this list with their own personal experiences.

Good post.

Let me add you are one of the more valued posters on this forum and it shows with our effort. Keep up the good work!
08/30/2017 04:25 AMPosted by Miadra
Practically, everyone I've known since Nilla doesn't play WoW anymore. Most of them quit during WoD. A select few survived WoD PvP but it was pretty bad too. Those select few stayed to see if things would get better for Legion. Well, you know how that turned out lol. They jumped ship real fast because Legion PvP has got to be the worst PvP has ever been in 11 years.

This. It is sad to log on and see all the darkened names, and know I probably wont ever see them in WoW again, unless some miracle happens and Blizz comes to it's senses about pvp.

I always have a full list of people. You could always get new buds
08/30/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Jugajr
08/30/2017 04:25 AMPosted by Miadra

I always have a full list of people. You could always get new buds

They wont replace the ones that were there, the ones who left during WoD and never came back, or the ones who came back to give it another chance with Legion, but soon left again.
True, I used to be in a much more active guild back in the day. But people move on from games, it happens. Now I have a full list of other people who I enjoy playing the game with.
08/29/2017 05:15 PMPosted by Forums
I don't know if there is a correct answer. This seems more like a design choice -- very predictable gearing vs. RNG loot (with alternate ways to gain gear to counter bad luck).

don see why not

old progression come back templates keep gear gap small and only people who have a problem are gear stomp trolls
08/30/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Amberalert
I absolutely hate this expansion in regards towards pvp.
It could just be me, but MoP pvp was the absolute best. It truly seemed balanced then.

I miss being able to use trinkets and profession perks in battle grounds.

You don't know what you're saying. Nothing balanced about getting zerged by classes. Let me guess, WoD was your second favorite?

Everyone likes to say "Man X expansion was the best." Grass is always greener, yada yada yada

Suck it up, adapt, or play something else. Game or class wise.