Racials

General Discussion
So, out of all the racials in game, do you use them?

Honestly the Draenei One actually kind of saves my butt at times when I need a quick minor HOT when resisting damage, to kind of buffer stuff.

Do any of you enjoy the racials and/or use them as utilities?
I use Rocket Jump all the time.
Getting up inch-too-high slopes, skipping segments in legacy content, saving myself from falling damage, quickly getting out of bad - it's an all-purpose racial!

Otherwise, I occasionally use Arcane Torrent, very rarely use War Stomp, and I'm pretty sure I've only ever used Will of the Forsaken once in the last four years as a misclick.
Berserking is part of my opener macro.

VERY good for my current spec.
i use shadowmeld all the time on night elves. its really good for dps healing and tanking..tanking espeically when my alt is in LFR, that other tank doesnt want to taunt? no problem ill make you get aggro /vanish.
08/12/2017 06:31 AMPosted by Hafemid
Berserking is part of my opener macro.

VERY good for my current spec.

I heard it's pretty good for Fury Warrior Trolls too.
Yes, some racials are extremely good i.e. Arcane Torrent and Every Man For Himself. Berserking can just be macro'd to a burst macro so you don't really have to worry about it.
08/12/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Enthused
Arcane Torrent

So damn useful as a raid utility.
I try to use any I can on my healers.

For example: Panda: I use that extra stun when mining to get annoying adds off me, or in dungeons/m+ to mess up a cast if I am there when it is happening. ( its saved our butts a few times )

Draenei: I usually macro the HoT to something. On the paly I made I threw it with Blessing of Sacrifice so it auto pops on the tank same time. Had I played him more I would have swapped it to pop on me to offset dmg from Sacrifice but w/e.

Human/undead: Using their abilities to clear cc on you or stuns/fear.

Orc/Troll: They both have pretty sick racials that I couldnt imagine people not using/macro-ing to things.

Tauren/B-elf: I used the tauren aoe stun on cd before in dungeons, it is nice. That aoe silence is literally a life saver too in certain situations and slightly more regen.

Night elf: You can fade out of combat with shadowmeld ( or w/e its called ) and drop healer/dps aggro. ( useful on skittish )

Id probably use the goblin rocket boots alot to move around but I cant play that race rofl....

They all have their uses, just gotta open your mind and look for opportunities.
My alt is a goblin, I lost count of how many times I use the Rocket Boots.
Dark flight is the best racial

The legion pruning took off your class mobility? No problem, one click and you have a 2m cd sprint
I eat. and get like 1% extra in a selective stat. so 10/10
08/12/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Eodrik
Dark flight is the best racial

The legion pruning took off your class mobility? No problem, one click and you have a 2m cd sprint

When I was a worgen hunter, I loved that it could stack with other movement abilities. Posthaste became a 100% sprint and Aspect of the Cheetah was 60%
08/12/2017 07:30 AMPosted by Corvûs

Yeah I'm pretty jealous of the Pandaren food buff, that is some baller stuff...

I once saw for PVP a Pandaren Fury Warrior fall from his flying mount, hit the ground, end someone in like 5 seconds, then fly off...

Talk about abusing the Bounce racial.
08/12/2017 07:30 AMPosted by Corvûs

Does it work with the Bear Tartar and Fighter Chow, too?
I used to use EMFH before before PvP crying made it useless.
The gnome one is meh. It's great when it works but it doesn't work for many cc effects.
I like to warstomp people as part of my chain stun.
The night elf racial is the most useful one especially for pve, you stealth and get out of combat
Arcane torrent is extremely good in raids as a surprising amount of extra mana over the course of the fight and it's also super nice as a healer yo have an interrupt in dungeons and open world.
Nightelf wq. Bloodelf for raiding. Tauren for tanking or Draenai, also a fan. Troll for dps regen. Am too much a fan of racials.