What's for dinner tonight?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
08/13/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Fìrebrew
Liver with gravy and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Uuhhhmm.. why do you hate yourself? LOL

I know people like it, but aaahhh makes me want to gag just thinking about it. The ONE time in my childhood I remember my Dad making liver and onions, I cried for hours and refused to eat it. He made me sit at the table and said I couldn't play until I ate it..I couldn't do it and ended up going to bed eating cheese/crackers and some milk but NEVER.. NEver again, ever.. ugh
08/13/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Dufas
green onions separated white parts diced, green chopped and mixed with sliced collard greens

diced white onions mixed with fresh diced garlic and browned in olive oil
chopped sirloin steak added with seasoning
added collard greens/onion greens to top with soy sauce and some vinegar

served over rice ;)

Onions and rice makes anything into an amazing meal. Love it!
Viveanne, a cute story about liver. My father loved liver. Well, my sister saw liver on her plate and liver on my father's plate, but none on my mother's plate.

SISTER: "Daddy, why isn't there any liver on mommy's plate?"
FATHER: "Because she gags when she eats it and I can't stand seeing her gag."

After dinner she said this to my mother.

SISTER: "Mommy, teach me how to gag."
08/13/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Vivieanne
08/13/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Melianthe
Homemade clam chowder.

OMG yes please.

I grew up in Oregon and we'd take family trips to the coast just to eat "Mo's Tavern" home made clam chowder. The restaurant was built on stilts above the Ocean. They had the best chowder bread bowl ever.

I grew up on Mo's (lived mostly in Eugene and Salem) and I don't know if time has changed their recipe, but I like mine much better these days!
08/13/2017 07:15 PMPosted by Smitenhealz
Viveanne, a cute story about liver. My father loved liver. Well, my sister saw liver on her plate and liver on my father's plate, but none on my mother's plate.

SISTER: "Daddy, why isn't there any liver on mommy's plate?"
FATHER: "Because she gags when she eats it and I can't stand seeing her gag."

After dinner she said this to my mother.

SISTER: "Mommy, teach me how to gag."

Hahahahahahah ;D I love it
Ben&Jerry's Chunky Monkey icecream
People. Always people. And then the same thing I try to do every night: Try to take over the world.
I made Munster cheese stuffed burgers, cole claw (homemade), hickory smoked baked beans, corn, and Caprese salad.
08/13/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Vivieanne
08/13/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Summerscroll

The chicken salad was awful, the Pepsi was good though.

Lol im so sorry I wish I could give you a hug and a ice cream sandwich.

Don't worry, it wasn't inedible so I still got a meal in. But I'll take the hug and the ice cream sandwich :D
08/13/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Vivieanne
08/13/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Fìrebrew
Liver with gravy and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Uuhhhmm.. why do you hate yourself? LOL

I know people like it, but aaahhh makes me want to gag just thinking about it. The ONE time in my childhood I remember my Dad making liver and onions, I cried for hours and refused to eat it. He made me sit at the table and said I couldn't play until I ate it..I couldn't do it and ended up going to bed eating cheese/crackers and some milk but NEVER.. NEver again, ever.. ugh

Its so sad when parents are ignorant and do this kind of thing to their children. As we grow older our sense of taste changes and things we couldn't stomach as a child are sometimes delicious as an adult. It changes again after mid-life, usually the sense of taste is dull so people who once hated spicy food start craving in in old age because it actually tastes like something. Moral to the story, never force your kids to eat something if they don't like it because it just makes you look like a jerk.

As for liver - my Mom was Welsh and there is a well known dish called "!@#$%^s & Peas". -*!@#$s are meatballs made of liver that are baked with bacon on top. As a kid I loved that dish but didn't like "liver & onions". There are all sorts of liver dishes out there, not just the basic liver & onions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%^-*!@_(food)

Edit: well heck, the filter changed the name of the dish. If you're curious just do an internet search for "welsh liver meatballs"
Lentils mixed with bulgur and bits of vegetables like pickles, cherry tomatoes, charred capsicum. Topped with franks red hot sauce.
08/13/2017 07:59 PMPosted by Fandora
"!@#$%^s & Peas".

Language filter, or is 'Exclamation point, commercial at symbol, hashtag, dollar sign, percent, upwards arrow and peas' a Welsh favourite?
Lunch, in my case, is homemade cheese and spinach pastry triangles, which are currently cooking in the oven. *smells wafting in...*
Pulled pork fajitas.

Yum.
Sour cream is the work of the devil.
08/13/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Kusobera
Made fish tacos, Spanish rice and refried beans. Served it with sides of queso and guacamole

I had fish tacos too! Salmon, to be exact. :)
Chicken sauteed in garlic, rosemary and sage in olive oil with broccoli over rice with a light cheese sauce.
A delicious rotted Draenei corpse.
Fried cube steak and a couple canned veggies.