I am surprise by how many old people

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
That play this game. A lot of people I met are in their 50's or have kids already. I think that is pretty awesome!

I am thought I am old playing this game. :D
You think 50-somethings are old? How old are you? Fourteen, maybe?
Some of us are even retired and have nothing better to do than play WoW. Cable news is boring, the Weather Channel is garbage these days, and.....oops, gotta pee again.....
08/04/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Cheezenub
and.....oops, gotta pee again.....

LOL...CotD, Chuckle of the Day
Back in my day, we didn't GET mounts until we were level 40, we had to walk every where and leveling took forever! and we liked it!....we LOOOOVED IT!
Eh you're never too old for games,gotta remember some of the older players have been gamers since the existence of atari,arcades,apple II,etc.
back in my days sonny, it took a minute to look at one pic with dial up connection. Now you riff-raffs have it on easy street with your hand held portable cellular phones and other gizmos. We had patience, something you whippersnappers need.
"Get off my lawn"!
08/04/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Skinwälker
back in my days sonny, it took a minute to look at one pic with dial up connection. Now you riff-raffs have it on easy street with your hand held portable cellular phones and other gizmos. We had patience, something you whippersnappers need.

a minute, that was maybe for a 50x50 gif
I remember spending hours on BBS's and needing 10 to 15 min to download something
08/04/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Xeso
Back in my day, we didn't GET mounts until we were level 40, we had to walk every where and leveling took forever! and we liked it!....we LOOOOVED IT!

And it was uphill, in the snow, both ways.
You do not stop playing games because you get old,

You get old because you stop playing games.

P.S. I am 65
I'm not *that* old, but I remember the days before the internet. We had these things called "magazines" and in those were written game reviews, previews and things like that.
08/04/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Florence
I'm not *that* old, but I remember the days before the internet. We had these things called "magazines" and in those were written game reviews, previews and things like that.

Tell us more of the before times, papa.
You rang? My inner gnome runs freely but the outer 57 year old female is starting to get sadly creaky :(

But it's not the years, dearie, it's the mileage. Been a fun ride all in all :)
08/04/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Korojin
08/04/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Florence

Tell us more of the before times, papa.

No, no. Not today. Go finish up your dinner and tomorrow I'll tell you about the "video store."
08/04/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Damalys
Eh you're never too old for games,gotta remember some of the older players have been gamers since the existence of atari,arcades,apple II,etc.

Don't forget TRS-80s (Trash 80) and Commodore 64.
08/04/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Feelzbrah
That play this game. A lot of people I met are in their 50's or have kids already. I think that is pretty awesome!

I am thought I am old playing this game. :D
many have been playing since 2004 and have 10+ year old kids now that also play.

In fact, statistically its likely that there's at least one kid playing wow who's parents met on wow.
lol I remember have to spend several hours typing in the game you wanted to play, then spending a few more debugging it, and then saving it on a cassette tape so you could play it without have to do the above steps again.

My first computer was a TI99/4a
Whaaaat!? Speak in my good ear, sonny!
08/04/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Rokujuro
"Get off my lawn"!

Someone should make a guild with people only from their realm on it called Get Off My Realm!