Veil of Shadows

Story Forum
1 2 3 8 Next
http://imgur.com/UBo9VFb

Think it's legitimate? I can buy almost all of that being the case, as Legion has been setting most of it up very hard.
Level 1-110 Scaling: New Quests, Dungeons, and Raids in updated old Azeroth.

This alone makes me not believe it.
08/09/2017 04:54 AMPosted by Anelaan

I actually heard that from a friend a few months ago.

What if it's true?
08/09/2017 04:58 AMPosted by Samariyu

I actually heard that from a friend a few months ago.

What if it's true?

It would be nice. There are quite a few zones, even without heirlooms, you outlevel before you're even halfway done with the story.

It could also mean you wouldn't have to quest in Legion content again until you forgot it ever existed which, after this expansion, I'm 100% behind.
JAINA PROUDMOORE VOL’JIN MOIRA DARK IRON SYLVANNAS & ALLERIA WINDRUNNER ADMIRAL GENN GREYMANE WRATHION
VOL’JIN
HNNNNNNNNNNNGGG
I could see old world scaling without an update just to make levelling smoother. I honestly think it's possible. The idea of continuing the World Pillar's story into the next expansion I think could be a good one, as long as we aren't required to gather them again.

But some of those class race combinations make me wonder. Tauren warlocks? Pandaren Death Knights? I dunno.

Hey, maybe killing Magni will stop the certain Horde player's demand to kill a certain Alliance hero? I'd rather see Mangi go than Jaina.

BUT my biggest issue... kinda feels like too much, I don't know, wish fulfilment? I mean, Azshara? War ship? Level Scaling? A ton of things many ask for all being given at onces makes me question it.

I'm still not convinced Blizzard's direction with Jaina is neutral. I don't think they would've had her be so utterly refusal in working with the Horde in the face of the Legion, but then get over it when it's the Old Gods? She had way more experience with the Legion, if anything would've had her ignore her hatred of the Horde, the Legion makes more sense. If they really were building up to neutral Jaina, then the direction they took was just bad.

No, I'm going to cast my doubt this is real. The picture could be real, but I think we've seen similar fakes before.
08/09/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Ximothy
BUT my biggest issue... kinda feels like too much, I don't know, wish fulfilment? I mean, Azshara? War ship? Level Scaling? A ton of things many ask for all being given at onces makes me question it.
^Proof that the WoW community is so used to pain and disappointment that when the devs finally do something right we don't believe it's real.
08/09/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Samariyu
08/09/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Ximothy
^Proof that the WoW community is so used to pain and disappointment that when the devs finally do something right we don't believe it's real.

I disagree, it's not that, it's that this is all... so freakin typical that anyone could guess it.

Blizzard, despite my faults with it, have actually been pretty creative with expansion concepts, save for, IMO, Wrath, the most predictable expansion.

This? This isn't really creative or unique, it's just what the playerbase demanded, all put in at once. The best idea there, really, is continuing the Pillar's story, which I think could be cool.

Cataclysm, MoP, WoD and even Legion explored new premises that I hadn't seen predicted by the playerbase. This just seems way more like a fan idea than something Blizzard has made.

I don't know, reusing and revamping old content is Blizzard's MO.
08/09/2017 05:26 AMPosted by Ximothy
08/09/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Samariyu
...^Proof that the WoW community is so used to pain and disappointment that when the devs finally do something right we don't believe it's real.

I disagree, it's not that, it's that this is all... so freakin typical that anyone could guess it.
Thus making it all the more likely that Blizzard made it.
Anything is possible, I suppose. Could be real.

New Race/Class Combinations Death Knight: Pandaren. Shaman: Human. Paladin: Trolls, Night Elves. Warlock: Draenei, Tauren Druid: Pandaren
JAINA PROUDMOORE VOL’JIN MOIRA DARK IRON SYLVANNAS & ALLERIA WINDRUNNER ADMIRAL GENN GREYMANE WRATHION

These parts make it seem unlikely to me.
What's up with Admiral Genn Greymane anyway? Is there supposed to be some Admiral character there but the name was accidentally removed? Or is Genn supposed to be an Admiral now? Lack of ,s make it hard to read.

I can't imagine it's Sky Admiral Rogers, since the lack of Sky in the front.

08/09/2017 05:38 AMPosted by Samariyu
Thus making it all the more likely that Blizzard made it

I have to disagree. The premise of the last four expansions were not that predictable. Like, at all.

No, everyone would talk about Emerald Nightmare or Great Sea. The complexity of expansions now has made fan ideas get more complicated too. This idea is just a complex Great Sea idea.
08/09/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Ximothy
I can't imagine it's Sky Admiral Rogers, since the lack of Sky in the front.

Stormheim sort of took the "sky" out of Sky Admiral Rogers' job description.

I have to disagree. The premise of the last four expansions were not that predictable. Like, at all.

Legion was extremely predictable based on how WoD ended, and the next expansion is easily predictable based on everything Legion set up.

Sure you had the Emerald Nightmare and whatnot, and the revamp to the Broken Isles, but in the same vein did anyone seriously consider the Dragon Isles or Jintha’Alor and Hakkar 4.0? I would've guessed Zandalar at the very least.

08/09/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Irenaus
Anything is possible, I suppose. Could be real.

New Race/Class Combinations Death Knight: Pandaren. Shaman: Human. Paladin: Trolls, Night Elves. Warlock: Draenei, Tauren Druid: Pandaren

These parts make it seem unlikely to me.

Why?
The line about "immortality" plus Sylvanas being featured is making me nervous.
No, everyone would talk about Emerald Nightmare or Great Sea. The complexity of expansions now has made fan ideas get more complicated too. This idea is just a complex Great Sea idea.

It's not like the Great Sea/Azshara wasn't a legitimate expansion concept, though. Sure it's typical, but IMO it was going to happen eventually.

You could make an argument for Legion having a lot of fanservice ideas, too. Demon Hunters, Illidan, Artifact Weapons. But it still exists.
08/09/2017 06:02 AMPosted by Valko

It's not like the Great Sea/Azshara wasn't a legitimate expansion concept, though. Sure it's typical, but IMO it was going to happen eventually.

You could make an argument for Legion having a lot of fanservice ideas, too. Demon Hunters, Illidan, Artifact Weapons. But it still exists.
I would argue Legion is the most fanservicy expac to date.
08/09/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Veloran
Why?
As Ximothy said, the part about Vol'jin seems too much wish fulfillment with the other aspects. But as per the class section, it seems very, very odd.

I could buy arguments for some of these. Warlock - Draenei, Tauren. Paladin - Night Elf. Death Knight - Pandaren.

But Shaman - Human, Paladin - Troll, Druid Pandaren?
Just not seeing it. Especially the idea they add in Druid Pandaren now instead of originally
08/09/2017 06:09 AMPosted by Samariyu
I would argue Legion is the most fanservicy expac to date.

Oh, absolutely. The "in case of sub drop break glass" memes didn't exist for no reason.
08/09/2017 06:10 AMPosted by Irenaus
Just not seeing it. Especially the idea they add in Druid Pandaren now instead of originally

I could see it happening. The Alliance doesn't have many Shaman races with three (Counting Pandaren) while Horde only has two Paladin races. So, if they are expanding the class/race combos again, I can totally see this those combos happening.

Humans have a history using elemental magic, albeit as part of the Twilight Cult. And, really, it would be down to Trolls or Undead for Horde Paladins.

As for the Pandaren Druids, it works perfectly because it gives both faction a new Druid Race. I don't think it matters if they "should" have done it originally. There were quite a few new combos introduced in Cata that should have always been there to begin with, but weren't for whatever reason.
08/09/2017 06:23 AMPosted by Hackbrew
08/09/2017 06:10 AMPosted by Irenaus

I could see it happening. The Alliance doesn't have many Shaman races with three (Counting Pandaren) while Horde only has two Paladin races. So, if they are expanding the class/race combos again, I can totally see this those combos happening.

Humans have a history using elemental magic, albeit as part of the Twilight Cult. And, really, it would be down to Trolls or Undead for Horde Paladins.

As for the Pandaren Druids, it works perfectly because it gives both faction a new Druid Race. I don't think it matters if they "should" have done it originally. There were quite a few new combos introduced in Cata that should have always been there to begin with, but weren't for whatever reason.
You can make an argument for any race/class combo. I'm just saying that, given how Blizzard has treated such things before, I don't think they'd do so. There is a reason some class restrictions remain, even post Cata and MoP. Even beyond this, if this is true. If they were going to do any, these just seem the least likely given racial themes they've run with. And history of changes.