A small appeal re: phasing

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
Let me start by saying I'm aware not many care for Roleplayers, though I'm here with a small request and appeal to Blizzard to lighten the restrictions for a very special event currently being hosted on Moon Guard.

http://tournamentofages.com/

The Tournament of Ages is a once a year event hosted for all RPers from all RP servers (Or outsiders if you wanna watch) to come and Roleplay and have fun with the rest of the community. There have been known to have 20 different RP guilds at one point joining in the festivities.

We have booths, events like Hearthstone challenges and PVP duels, right down to the standard D20 battles and pet battling. The Tournament also raises funds for charity! In this case it's the USO.

This event is supposed to be fun and engaging...however there is a phasing issue. Given the size of the event, even forty man groups aren't enough to cover the player base, as such we have around 40+ players in one phase, and then a bunch of others who are then missing out because of it.

https://twitter.com/fullphaser/status/894356808894205952

This is a fine example. The event started to day. There would have been at least eighty players in that arena if it weren't for phasing. There are about six in that screen shot.

Here's another example: http://i.imgur.com/l9ljNfU.jpg

RP addons are able to show where other RPers are for RP hotspots. You could see the mass of players that should be in my area, but I'm alone in another phase with maybe another two or three people running around.

I don't ask much. Even if it's just for this zone that'd be fine. Though what was supposed to be a fun event is turning quite bothersome because not everyone is getting immersed in the experience we look forward to every year.

That is my appeal, I hope to see it at least adjusted to suit everyone's needs.
I approve.
I'm certainly going to boost this one. PArticipating in the Tournament of Ages has been a grand experience in the past. Phasing has not been kind for the beginning. and not everyone can get into the right phase.
Agreed. It's too bad, the phasing issues are ruining things for quite a few large RP events. I hope this issue gets the attention it deserves.
Though I'm a roleplayer, this isn't even an issue that singularly effects roleplayers. The idea works really well for players on dead realms, because they might be pulled into a phase where there are actually players, HOWEVER this really screws over anyone from any other realm because of the simple fact that it shatters your playerbase into multiple shards (literally) so nobody can see each-other. This should be disabled on all servers, but especially all roleplay servers where you have these gigantic events in the Darkmoon Fair and tournament grounds.
Phasing really, really does hurt events like this. I imagine it's not easy on Blizzard's servers, but at the same time it's not like we're doing anything that anyone is going to complain if there's a tiny bit of lag. We're not doing bleeding-edge progression raiding or World PvP here.
And while were at it. Can we just get rid of sharding in the Major Cities? Everywhere else in the world is fine. Just in the Major Cities.
It's in a dead zone that rarely everyone goes to anyway, I don't see how it'll kill the server or even hurt it by that much. Remember that terrible Stormwind phasing that made RP their pratically impossible and is still an issue at times?

Considering how huge of an event this is for RPers on WoW I'd love to see Blizzard do something about this.
I agree with this post 100%. Phasing has ruined a lot of the aspects of the game.
08/06/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Alarrexion
It's in a dead zone that rarely everyone goes to anyway, I don't see how it'll kill the server or even hurt it by that much. Remember that terrible Stormwind phasing that made RP their pratically impossible and is still an issue at times?

Considering how huge of an event this is for RPers on WoW I'd love to see Blizzard do something about this.

I agree with this. I highly doubt even with an event at this scale, it'd cause any major issues for the server or severs in general.

At this rate, Phasing just simply does more harm than good, and has become more of an annoyance than a blessing.
I approve this message.
This event sees upwards to over 400 attendees at a time, so It's a hassle to get everyone on the same page.
I agree with this thought completely 100%. Phasing in my opinion has not lived up to the promise of encouraging community growth, and meeting new people. It has negatively affected realms that are heavy and already have a great community as well.
Please fix this.
Really sucks how this is effecting the event, this is my second or third year here and by far this phasing has been effecting the event. I hardly see anyone anymore like it used to be; I hope Blizzard will do something about this because it really ruins such a great opportunity for a nice community of players to get together and interact.
Support!
This will be my third year attending this awesome community ran event. Hopefully the usual good times aren't dampened by this phasing issue.
All of my support!
I don't RP, but I support this thread.

Honestly, I hate the sharding/phasing. Why combine the servers and then have to shard? It makes no sense. Down with phasing!
This is the one time of the year that we truly look forward too; A time where we can all get together and enjoy ourselves as a community and host games, events and other little things that truly make this game enjoyable. So Blizz, we implore you to fix this sharding so that we can get back to doing what we love.