bucket list for live shows

Emerald Dream
Neither gf or I have ever been frequent concert go-ers, but before she stops performing we'd kill to go see Sia live. We live in NY and I think we'll eventually have to travel half way across the world to see a show live.

Anyone else have a band / artist on their list they don't want to miss out on?
I always wanted to see LCD Soundsystem, but they disbanded before I had the chance.

But they're back now, at least for the moment, I really need to get to a show.
I would kill to see John Williams conduct live. Also, Foo Fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-u4MbDhpH8

Dave Grohl is the man.
Anamanaguchi.

I went with my partner a year ago and it was an experience I will never forget. If you are even a slight fan of chiptunes or electronic music, do not miss a chance to see them live.
Sigur Ros. Arcade Fire (again). Either Pink Floyd or Roger Waters (again).
I still need to catch a Saw Doctors concert.

Other than that, I've had the good fortune of seeing most of my favorite bands / singers live at some point (those who are still alive and/or touring at least).
Rage Against the Machine reunion. Please.
Cher
Just saw Boston. So glad i did. So good after all these years.
08/12/2017 04:44 AMPosted by Tolvashoc
Anyone else have a band / artist on their list they don't want to miss out on?
I did. After years of putting it off or being too broke to see them locally I bought plane/festival tickets to see the Beastie Boys in San Francisco. They ended up cancelling to get MCA's throat looked at so I stayed home.

I saw GWAR many, many times while Oderus was still alive though. As far as bands still performing I would love to see Iron Maiden and I hope typing that didn't jinx anything.
I keep telling myself to get tickets to Herbie Hancock, and so far, I haven't done it. Laziness, or just not being in a routine of seeing live performances are my go to excuses. I'd also love to see Aretha Franklin.

Zigra,
sticks with the legends.

EDIT: Ok you bastards just made me spend at least $400. Well, you didn't MAKE me. I kinda just did that on my own. Got tickets for a concert my wife is going to love (Tom Jones!) in a place she'll thoroughly enjoy the whole anniversary weekend. Seems like I was going to have to do something about that time anyway, doesn't it?
08/12/2017 05:12 AMPosted by Jarleon
I always wanted to see LCD Soundsystem, but they disbanded before I had the chance.

But they're back now, at least for the moment, I really need to get to a show.
Going to see Foo Fighters in October. Wish I could have seen Motley Crue, they played nearby a few years back.
True story: I've stopped putting musicians on bucket lists.

Got an invite to take part in a music festival last summer with Merle Haggard headlining. I looked forward to it for like 6 months. 2 months before the festival, The Hag kicked the bucket. Dream shattered.

This summer, I had the opportunity to go to another local festival with Soundgarden headlining. Less than 2 weeks before the show, Chris Cornell...well, you know.

As a couple of other have said, I'd like to see the Foo Fighters, but I'm kinda scared to buy tickets. I don't want the guilt of Dave Grohl's untimely demise on my soul, man.
08/14/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Tholdrim
As a couple of other have said, I'd like to see the Foo Fighters, but I'm kinda scared to buy tickets. I don't want the guilt of Dave Grohl's untimely demise on my soul, man.

That is some dark stuff brother.