New PC

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Ive been playing WoW for a couple of months now after a break, but I have been playing on a MacBook Air which can run the game on a max of level 2 graphics settings. Im not very good with knowing what kinds of computers are better for what. Im just wondering what type of computer would be best with a price range of about $350 or lower. Just something that can run the game with decent graphics, doesn't freeze up when raiding, and doesn't have a loud fan. Thanks in advance :)
08/03/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Aswandy
Ive been playing WoW for a couple of months now after a break, but I have been playing on a MacBook Air which can run the game on a max of level 2 graphics settings. Im not very good with knowing what kinds of computers are better for what. Im just wondering what type of computer would be best with a price range of about $350 or lower. Just something that can run the game with decent graphics, doesn't freeze up when raiding, and doesn't have a loud fan. Thanks in advance :)

There is no way you can get a PC for $350...

Not with the expections you are wanting.

Increase your budget to $500 and I'm sure it will be a better experience for you.
Im no computer pro, but buy used for that budget imo. Any processor about 3 ghz and a decent gpu ahould play wow ok. Get windows 10 on it if you can. Try to get at least 8 gigs of ram to be safe. I gave around 350 for my pc used and it plays great.
08/10/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Jaydubbya
Im no computer pro, but buy used for that budget imo. Any processor about 3 ghz and a decent gpu ahould play wow ok. Get windows 10 on it if you can. Try to get at least 8 gigs of ram to be safe. I gave around 350 for my pc used and it plays great.

<facepalm>

No.

Just . . . .

No.
Any processor about 3 ghz and a decent gpu ahould play wow ok

CPU frequency out of context does not tell how fast a CPU is. a FX 6300 at 3.5 GHz is a slower CPU than any Skylake/Kabylake or Ryzen CPU at 3.0 GHz

What to look for:

Intel CPUs:
On the used market look for i3 or higher that is either 2### 3### or 4###. The 6### and 7### are the newer CPUs from Intel.

Pentium G4560 or higher for modern Intel CPUs

For AMD if it's not a Ryzen don't bother. R3 R5 and R7 lines of CPUs are the current Ryzen CPUs.

For graphics card Look for anything that is a 750 TI or higher for a good experience. Even a R9 270 amd card would still work great for wow.
08/11/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Istrebiteli

<facepalm>

No.

Just . . . .

No.

Well. Facepalm me all you want. Lol. But thats what i did and its working out great.
08/13/2017 09:35 PMPosted by Jaydubbya
08/11/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Istrebiteli
<facepalm>

No.

Just . . . .

No.

Well. Facepalm me all you want. Lol. But thats what i did and its working out great.

Advising some poor schumck who doesn't know what to look for and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a brick and a battleship of a PC to buy used is just . . . well, it's not a good idea.

I wasn't suggesting you did bad, but did you actually read the OP?