I miss buffs.

General Discussion
I remember using buffs on people and myself like crazy. I always took talents that increased their strength or picked classes that could buff a lot. I loved giving random people a great buff to help them out with whatever they do and it just seems like they are gone from the game. It's just I want to buff and support my team. When ever I play my shaman I don't like how flame,frost,wind buffs only last a few seconds and rockbiter is an attack instead of a buff. I don't know, maybe it's nostalgia or whatever but I miss buffs.
Buffs are part of utility and I miss utility.

I had a totem/ability for every situation.

Using that utility wisely is what made Shaman gameplay legitimately interesting and thoughtful.

Now it's just about doing DPS. Which is fine because I really enjoy Enhancement, but I'd love to see the return of heavy utility.
Buffs are another casualty of PvP.
I also miss actually having to use crowd control if you wanted to survive a pull instead of just having tanks facepull everything while the DPS fights over the high score
I do not miss buffs. I do not miss wasting time before boss pulls trying to figure out who drops what totems, who was buffed, who wasn't, having an addon for it or any of that stuff.

There are ways to add utility without going through all of that bs again.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
08/27/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Wolfrum
I also miss actually having to use crowd control if you wanted to survive a pull instead of just having tanks facepull everything while the DPS fights over the high score

Run a high M+. Wish granted
I agree, giving random people buffs was another reason I loved Druid.

And asking priest for their blessing was nice too
08/27/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Cedric

how so? Buffs existed in-game for ~12 years with absolutely no problem with PvP. Buffs being base-line was just a casualty of lazy design.
08/27/2017 09:36 AMPosted by Zarles
Buffs are part of utility and I miss utility.

I had a totem/ability for every situation.

Using that utility wisely is what made Shaman gameplay legitimately interesting and thoughtful.

It was a pain.. Someone buffs all the players in the group with something, then you drop a totem that does the same, and it REPLACED the previous long-term buff with the one from the totem, which disappears as soon as they move away..
They were buff erasers.
I still look for Fort on my spriest every now and then and go oh ya. :(
I remember when priests gave shadow resistance and spirit buffs on top of the stamina one.

Remember when resistances and spirit were apart of the game? Those were the days...
Yeah, I miss buffs too. I mean, I technically still have them but I have no reason to use them other than on myself. I just miss throwing buffs on other people. Made me feel like I was being somewhat helpful, even to people I just randomly see running around the world.
08/27/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Cedric

Its a casualty of raiders and the "bring the player!" Mentality. Fact od the matter is that buffs promoted class diversity in pvp and without them its become quite stale. Double dh double afflic lock double warrior are everywhere. List goes on.

Hell some of the buffs like fortitude which were removed, came back as honor talents lol.
Buffs made people feel special when they were brought into a group to be "that guy". Even when all classes could provide a buff, it was still nice. I don't miss buying reagents though. Going out to kill low level birds or collecting fish oil.. lol no thanks.

And yeah, totems... water shield.. mages keep their barriers and haven't become some passive garbage. Why did everything else get removed for no reason :l

customizing the totem sets or macroing 4 of them to drop before the sets were introduced... sigh. I miss thorns and all that crap.
08/27/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Bigbluebox
I remember using buffs on people and myself like crazy. I always took talents that increased their strength or picked classes that could buff a lot. I loved giving random people a great buff to help them out with whatever they do and it just seems like they are gone from the game. It's just I want to buff and support my team. When ever I play my shaman I don't like how flame,frost,wind buffs only last a few seconds and rockbiter is an attack instead of a buff. I don't know, maybe it's nostalgia or whatever but I miss buffs.

You're not the only one yearning for the WoW of old....
I miss buffs, but I don't miss carrying light feathers or holy candles or people screaming RE-BUFF!! if God forbid, someone didn't get Fort or MotW.

edit- I also miss run-by-buffing while out in the world. Both giving and receiving.
I liked Buffs up until they gave Demonology Warlocks Demonic Empowerment.

Since then, I have learned how much I actually hated Buffs all this time.
08/27/2017 11:53 PMPosted by Sevraine

edit- I also miss run-by-buffing while out in the world. Both giving and receiving.

I so miss that on my Priest. I loved running by and buffing everyone.
I enjoyed giving random strangers in the world buffs.

I don't enjoy having to put them on myself. Or on the raid after every wipe. Or on the raid a second time because that guy was slow running back. Nor was I a fan of having no one good for my dark intent in the raid back in the day. Nor putting up CoE on the boss.

If you want buffs, make them all auras. That don't stack with a castable version that you can then use on people not in your group then fine.
I miss the challenge of the game, even leveling; which truly made these buffs meaningful. Too much is removed in the name of Blizzards Vision, or 'class fantasy' like poisons being removed from 2/3 rogue specs and so forth. Complete core elements of a class restricted to only one, just like they tried to remove traps from 2/3 hunter specs.