Most fun specs to play in BGs

Battlegrounds
My favorite specs to play BGs as this expac has been balance, shadow, frost (mage), and fire.

Which specs do you guys have the most fun playing in BGs?
I play a lot but my favorites are balance/resto druid, holy/ret paladin, ele shaman, and prot warrior.
is ele fun in bgs? i was thinking about playing mine earlier

does it play like balance?
09/04/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Shoxy

Dot everything up, Throw instant cast meatballs everywhere. The problem is you have no where near the survivability or mobility.

My most fun spec is enhancement, It has it's moment when you delete someone in a single global. Following that up is arms warrior. When I play Rend build I feel like I can crush anyone that isn't a ret paladin with DS off CD.
09/04/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Shoxy

I think it's really fun. You spread flame shock on everyone and have an endless stream of instant lava bursts which makes building maelstrom easy. Then you can cover the area with earthquake which knocks people down.

Lots of kiting tools too. You can kite everything except DHs and ferals pretty much. Sub rogues are overtuned right now so they can hurt when you're stunned but they do that to everyone.

Ele is also very mobile between gust of wind and ghost wolf. And thunderstorming people off cliffs never gets old.
I've been having fun on my Ret. Usually always top damage, and since I focus on objectives, the team usually wins.

I don't go ham unless I have bubble and trinket and saltwater potion/wings active. 90% of the time I can take down an FC and recap flag.

As a ret, you just have to pick and choose your fights, but if you have all major CDs available (and zerking if it's up), you can nuke the enemy FC.
mw/ww and warrior, marks hunt
resto

I think there are other specs out there but its tree for me! If I had to pvp with a different character, I'd go with resto sham or MW. Maybe holy pally.

If I can't play heals, um.... uhhh, hrm, this might take a while... X0
09/04/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Shoxy
My favorite specs to play BGs as this expac has been balance, shadow, frost (mage), and fire.

your obviously trolling since you have 50 k lifetime hk's and 16k of those are on your paladin.
Shadow
MM
Balance
Frost Mage... in that order

09/04/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Ragstoriches
09/04/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Shoxy

your obviously trolling since you have 50 k lifetime hk's and 16k of those are on your paladin.

Ever consider they played during different expansions? I mean, read the title. I barely play my Rogue anymore, and that's who has the most HK's of all my characters--- HK's mean squat.
holy paladin. just tank everything.. my aoe healing sucks though imo mobility could be better but i enjoy it as a healer.
I've got 4x 110s (rogue, lock, dh, shadow)

-Lock I really enjoy randoms as destruction.... Zerk and saltwater can make for lulz.... And people usually aren't as good at focusing you / shutting you down so there's plenty of opportunity. You can also swap some talents around and get very different play styles of destruction, something I don't really see much of worth the other classes.

Affliction is still stronger, but meh... I prefer my shadow for dot rot

-shadow is probably my overall favorite right now... Since it has nukes, dots, some cc, and It can self heal you can be pretty self sufficient. It also has some of the highest "glass cannon" "risk vs reward" game play, and can feel very powerful and rewarding when done right... That said, vs teams that blatantly focus you, it can also become one of the more frustrating.

The healer specs I don't really care for.... Disc (for me) is a healer that turns games you where already winning into blowouts, but doesn't really function well when forced to try and carry the heals on its own... Too easily interrupted really, and just generally weaker than holy.

Holy on the other hand I just find a bit boring, but it is very strong.

-havoc was my main to start the expansion, but has lost a lot of its feel imo... Maybe I'm just spoiled after leveling my shadow and lock, but I feel like havoc just doesn't put anywhere near the same amount of effective pressure and burst out... The overall damage is there, and quite ironically DH's are doing well in rated pvp now, but I felt stronger in randoms back earlier in the expansion when DH's where "weaker"... Playstyle wise, however, they can be tons of fun and either a pure melee or as a hybrid melee-Ranged type... Survivability without a heals cab be a bit sketchy though you can be very very annoying to opposing melee. One thing I do love about the spec is that you actually have room to play differently vs different targets, something many other specs don't really do (shadow, for example, basically does the exact same thing vs any target it faces)

Vengeance is actually underrated for randoms as a harassment dps making it one of the only tank specs that isn't a complete waste of a spot, but it really only shines as a blatantly overpowered flag runner.

-rogue... I kind of hate my rogue this expansion...
Sub is incredibly strong and assassination and combat both feel defenseless by comparison... Rogue in general can pull off some amazing plays however and they can be very rewarding in that alone. Combat not dropping for long periods of time when you're trying to restealth, vanish failing to work, stealth randomly bugging out and dropping,and idiot teammates breaking blind or gripping out of your smoke bomb can give the class some incredibly frustrating rng elements... Oh and dhs who know what they're doing can make your life hell via bloodlet- glaive tossing you out of stealth or vanish with spectral sight
I was having fun playing a guardian in September- February, got bored played a warlock and rogue they were both fun in July to now.
Pre nerf vengeance was the most fun on fc maps but for everything else havoc all the way.
40 seconds for combat to drop.

eSports rdy
Vengeance and Prot War

Both can be huge playmakers
09/06/2017 12:55 AMPosted by Drozul
-shadow is probably my overall favorite right now... Since it has nukes, dots, some cc, and It can self heal you can be pretty self sufficient. It also has some of the highest "glass cannon" "risk vs reward" game play, and can feel very powerful and rewarding when done right... That said, vs teams that blatantly focus you, it can also become one of the more frustrating.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I love shadow, but a group who realizes how badly you can hurt them if unfocused can ruin your day. Still my most fun spec so far.
09/07/2017 09:26 AMPosted by Jadei
09/06/2017 12:55 AMPosted by Drozul

Pretty much sums it up for me. I love shadow, but a group who realizes how badly you can hurt them if unfocused can ruin your day. Still my most fun spec so far.

This happened to me last night. Get on and ready to play a few games before bed. Got owned cause horde was gang %*@@%**#!% me. But one game they let me be and it was fun lol.
change name mate thx
I miss playing hpal, but I don't feel as effective on him as I do on this bro...MW is still pretty fun. HPriest is starting to get fun as well.