Next playable race

General Discussion
What races have you guys always wanted to play? Personally, I've always wanted to play a naga or ethereal, but I can see how armor may be difficult for their models
forest trolls.
Ogres

Hearthstone has made me want murlocs too
In before someone comes strolling in here trying to claim High Elves are a different race than Blood Elves.
08/17/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Choten
Ogres

Horde needs Ogres, especially the 2-headed variety.

08/17/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Shado
n before someone comes strolling in here trying to claim High Elves are a different race than Blood Elves.

Ogres are all that matters.
In before someone comes strolling in here trying to claim High Elves are a different race than Blood Elves.
Yeah it would be cool to get high elves as an alliance race if they just alter the model a little bit so they aren't identical to blood elves
08/17/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
Ogres are all that matters.

It isn't Ogre yet!
I think Ogres are the easy and correct Horde choice. One that would at least make me have an alt if not main if they can monk(not likely, hah). From Alliance, hmmm, I know the big blah tossed out is Hi! Elves but I just find that booooring. I'd love a concept race like murloc, grummle or kobold but nah. I'd say Kurenai or Tuskarr for Alliance.
If they had made arakkoa a playable race as a secret feature halfway through WoD I would have forgiven every bad thing about that expansion.

But my money is on naga.
I want ALL troll subspecies to be playable with their proper models...but...it'd be a pain to have to re-level all 10 of my trolls.
08/17/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Shhaman
Yeah it would be cool to get high elves as an alliance race if they just alter the model a little bit so they aren't identical to blood elves

If they ever go through with sub-races they'd be a Human sub-race.

I'd rather have Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves though. Those ashy skin colors for Dwarves aren't close enough to how real Dark Irons look.
Goblins with blue eyes instead of green eyes because ya may not know but they're totally different races.
I always thought Centaurs would make a fitting addition to the Alliance due to their enmity with the Tauren and Horde in general and the opportunity for the them to side with the Alliance for survival reasons.
08/17/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Fizzer
Goblins with blue eyes instead of green eyes because ya may not know but they're totally different races.

My hero

08/17/2017 07:13 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
I always thought Centaurs would make a fitting addition to the Alliance due to their enmity with the Tauren and Horde in general and the opportunity for the them to side with the Alliance for survival reasons.

Centaurs would be awesome. I'd only be concerned with clipping on gear and probably half armored with a bare !@# end, heh.
Tol'vir would be cool.
Saberon....

I would kill for it...or I would have them kill for it....

I'd want models for lion, panther and even cheetah.
08/17/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Fizzer

They'd have to be Alliance though, as blue eyed Goblins are far too pretty for the Horde and people who want to play Goblins and be pretty at the same time want to remain on the Alliance.
08/17/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Aethorien
08/17/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Shhaman
... Yeah it would be cool to get high elves as an alliance race if they just alter the model a little bit so they aren't identical to blood elves

I'd rather have Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves though. Those ashy skin colors for Dwarves aren't close enough to how real Dark Irons look.

Funny enough, that combo is my character's backstory. I'd love another dwarf race but then I couldn't clown on all of the Hi! elf folks.
08/17/2017 07:26 PMPosted by Shalefist
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Funny enough, that combo is my character's backstory. I'd love another dwarf race but then I couldn't clown on all of the Hi! elf folks.

Sub-races wouldn't be brand new races, just more customization for the races we have.

Like Mag'har Orcs, Forsaken Elves, and those Tauren from Northrend
I think "sub races" would be cool. I guess most of those are just technically other factions of the same race (Wildhammer Dwarves, Dark Irons, etc). Vrykul would be pretty awesome as a playable race too.

Also I want to play a taunka warrior named Taunkatruck.