Mythic Avtar nerfed by 5% then reverted

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
This is complete horse manure. Several guilds got kills because of the nerf and then blizzard reverted it and put the rest of us almost back to square 1. Reducing the number of puddles to soak is not going to make up for the fact that the DPS check was temporarily nerfed.

https://imgur.com/a/whdCG

If you make a mistake with the original nerf then own up to it, you can't revert a nerf after some guilds get to take advantage of it. Blizzard has seriously disappointedme with their behaviour this tier.
QQ it's very unlikely this is going to significantly impact how soon you kill M-KJ. Or even the guilds that got it, honestly. Especially with the crucible on the way.
This is exactly why Blizzard always errors on the side of too hard.
it's pretty stupid that fight was already over tuned as it was.
I always hated this too, its like when mythic ilgynoth (the only hard boss in mythic emerald nightmare) was BUFFED by like 30% after tons of people already killed it and saved the lockout to farm cenarius/xavius.
08/30/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Twilightcult
QQ it's very unlikely this is going to significantly impact how soon you kill M-KJ. Or even the guilds that got it, honestly. Especially with the crucible on the way.

what an incredibly stupid thing to say. why would you even bother posting this?
hypothetically an entire extra week some of these guilds will be spending on M-KJ instead of avatar.
4Head
4Head
08/31/2017 12:37 AMPosted by Ayyeelmao
08/30/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Twilightcult

what an incredibly stupid thing to say. why would you even bother posting this?
hypothetically an entire extra week some of these guilds will be spending on M-KJ instead of avatar.

M-KJ is a brick wall and I'd be very surprised if a guild working on him would extend their lockout indefinitely as opposed to farming Maiden and Avatar some more.

And it's not like Void Reaver where any random group formed and walked out with T5 shoulders. The only guilds that got him were already 7/9M, knew how to do the beams, the chaos, the daggers, the shields, the pools, the phase transition, the marks, the meteors, the winds, and the positioning for the platform.

They probably got one less rupturing reality and one less set of marks. Which would probably have happened next week or two anyway with the crucible.

The design team tried something and rapidly decided they'd made a mistake and reverted it. It's almost like they're human or something.
08/31/2017 12:35 AMPosted by Longos
I always hated this too, its like when mythic ilgynoth (the only hard boss in mythic emerald nightmare) was BUFFED by like 30% after tons of people already killed it and saved the lockout to farm cenarius/xavius.

Cenarius was the hardest boss in Mythic EN.
You don't get to skip any mechanics in p2 with that 5% nerf. You were just able to have a worse p1 push.

80% of wipes in p1 are due to beams or chaos.

90% of wipes in p2 are due to soaking.

Seeing how neither of these are affected by the HP nerf - its not worth losing your mind.

Dropping 1 soak from the fight allows you to bring in a stronger dps over someone soaking the entire fight. It gives you a backup and allows someone to tunnel. In the grand scheme, the 5% HP nerf only helps the people who were close to the kill. Dropping 1 soaker helps everyone and is probably about a 2% HP nerf in itself.
I'm glad you guys were able to take advantage of the hp nerf, I just wish they wouldn't have something like that live for as long as it was without just leaving it. I know it wasn't anything anyone outside of blizzard could control. More than likely you guys would have still killed it that very same night or the next night considering the amount of close calls there already were, it just wouldn't have been that one pull. Congrats on getting past this block, now on with the next!
4Head
TOS is just a terrible tier and raid IMO so I am with you on the dislike for Blizz's raid team. The raid balancing and severity of mechanics on Mistress(now probably not that bad), Maiden, FA, and KJ is just disgusting. Tons of guilds(top 25) wipe over and over on these boss post progression kill because one small step is an instant wipe. You can't pull trials in, you can't pull alts in, its just sad.

It was funny - when going into KJ last night, I was like - this is going to be better than FA, nothing could be worse than that. After we did like 50-60 pulls... I changed my tone. Its another super long fight that can be instantly raid wiped with 1 mistake 10min into the fight.
08/31/2017 05:34 AMPosted by Ineedmoneeyy
08/31/2017 12:35 AMPosted by Longos

Cenarius was the hardest boss in Mythic EN.

Not if you did him after 7.1 when people were more than geared enough to consider the fight an easy DPS check.
They added the 5% nerf back in.

In addition to the one less touch of sargeras soak we noticed that there are two less meteor soaks in p2 as well and the tornado speeds were reduced dramatically(or something else changed about them, they feel easier for some reason). All damage seems the same.
This is an issue with a lot of Blizzards Mythic balances.
1- There is a tactic found that makes a boss easier.
2- Guilds that spend a lot more time playing get past it using that tactic and then progress further getting more gear.
3- Blizzard buffs the boss
4- The guilds already past it have a few more wipes but don't have much trouble.
5- It creates a WALL for the semi hardcore players and causes people to stop Raiding or "Take a break until it is nerfed again"

I know a lot of people from guilds that have stopped Riding Mythic Tomb saying their guilds will start again when "Mistress or Sisters are Nerfed".

These boss buffs/changes only make it harder for the smaller guilds that don't play as much. Mythic Tomb has been a massive disappointment.
09/01/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Popeonarope
This is an issue with a lot of Blizzards Mythic balances.
1- There is a tactic found that makes a boss easier.
2- Guilds that spend a lot more time playing get past it using that tactic and then progress further getting more gear.
3- Blizzard buffs the boss
4- The guilds already past it have a few more wipes but don't have much trouble.
5- It creates a WALL for the semi hardcore players and causes people to stop Raiding or "Take a break until it is nerfed again"

I know a lot of people from guilds that have stopped Riding Mythic Tomb saying their guilds will start again when "Mistress or Sisters are Nerfed".

These boss buffs/changes only make it harder for the smaller guilds that don't play as much. Mythic Tomb has been a massive disappointment.

There has been one "buff" so far and it was Blizzard fixing Mistriss week 1 so blood dks couldnt completely cheese the mechanic. That change was done 2 months ago, when only the top guilds were even that far.

The owl hp buff was a bug that was fixed in a day.

The avatar 5% hp lasted 1 day out of 2 months.

Sounds like you are making excuses.