Gloamwing with Aquatic team

Pet Battles
...anyone done this yet? Seems impossible.
This fight was horrendous for me, maybe I suck lol. It took me probably about 75 attempts to get it because I needed good RNG for my team, and I was too stubborn to keep trying other stuff again because I was getting gloamwing the lowest with this team/slight variations.

Young Mutant Warturtle: Jab/Smoke Bomb/Tornado Punch
H/P Gulp Froglet: Frog Kiss/Mudslide/Corpse Explosion
S/S Slithershock Elver: Grasp/Dodge/Dive

Smoke bomb to avoid swap -> tornado punch (if it doesn't stun him, reset) -> jab
Turtle dies on next round, frog swaps in.
Mudslide -> corpse explosion (have to pray here that you only get hit 1-2 times with slicing wind so you can get the explosion off or you die and there's no chance)
Slithershock elver comes in after frog dies.
Grasp until <50% health, dodge, grasp, dive (pray that he dies to dive dmg, my dive crit which is the only reason I won). I might have actually got a second grasp in after dodging if my health was high enough.. don't remember for sure.

Would NOT recommend doing it with this team because it sucks, unless it's like your very last one and you just want to finish it. I'm sure someone will come out with something that's much less reliant on good RNG.
Finally did it. Took around 2 hours.

S/S 222 Sifang Otter
H/P 211 Gulp Froglet
H/B 212 Gulp Froglet

Pass
Mudslide
Swarm (If your frog dies, restart)

Mudslide
Corpse Explosion (if your frog dies, restart)

Gnaw
Survival
Gnaw
Dive

33% chance of first frog surviving. 60% for the second frog. Around 20% success chance with this strat.
So, I finally received RNGesus' blessing and beat Gloamwing with aquatics only for it to give me achievement credit for Snozz instead.

This is a nightmare.
Won a second time, still no Gloamwing credit. I then proceeded to faceroll it with undead and got credit there no problem.
09/05/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Wiff
Won a second time, still no Gloamwing credit. I then proceeded to faceroll it with undead and got credit there no problem.

They mixed up the things.

Go beat Snozz with all aquatic and you'll get Gloamwing Credit. At least that happened to me.
I had luck with a bleed team. Fen Crab, rip, shell shield, blood in water, Snarly; rip, surge, blood in water, Muckbreath? rip, surge, blood in water, Start with Fen, rip, shell shield, blood in water, then switch, use blood in water, surge, switch to Snarly, blood in water, surge or rip until dead, then back to Fen. Fen; blood in water, shell shield, rip. I don't remember the exact combo, but it was a close but fun win. It did not take two hours.
my bad, went back today to repeat the battle and get move set down, and got my !@# kicked. sorry
Confirming that this EU strat does work (when RNG likes you)!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616841620

Credit to Exris.

"Magical Crawdad (2-x-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)

1: Surge
2: Crab comes in. BUBBLE
3: Grasp
4: Spirit Spikes.
5: Grasp, tho it doesnt matter. Gloamwing MUST hit you 3x and kill you. Restart if he doesnt.
6: Bring Crawdad back. Cast Whirlpool.
7: Surge.
8: New crab is back. BUBBLE
9: Grasp
10: Spirit Spikes
11: Grasp - you will die anyway.
12: Surge. "

It's DMF now, so fish up your 100 daggermaws stat!
09/07/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Bonn

Credit to Exris.

"Magical Crawdad (2-x-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)

5: Grasp, tho it doesnt matter. Gloamwing MUST hit you 3x and kill you. Restart if he doesnt.

Took me about 10 tries but this is by far the most solid team yet for Gloamwing.
09/07/2017 09:13 PMPosted by Abutabah
09/07/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Bonn

Credit to Exris.

"Magical Crawdad (2-x-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)

Took me about 10 tries but this is by far the most solid team yet for Gloamwing.

Man, that's some good RNG. I'm at 40 and counting and still no success. My second try, I got all the way to the end and that final Surge was not enough to beat Gloamwing. He still had about 94 HP's left. I nearly threw my laptop.
Ok, Gloamwing beaten on the first try using the setup here:

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1505

I didn't have the H/B Froglet but the P/H one worked. Just have to hope you only get hit with one Slice.
And of course I have a B/B gulp. So this strat does not work for me. There is something VERY wrong with this fight if the only way to beat him is with ONE specific pet and only 2 breeds of that pet that actually work.
Have people really not figured out a strat that doesn't involve a specific breed Gulp, or multiples of a pet? :/
Found a strategy on Xu-Fu's comments, by someone named Semi. It took a few tries, but it worked and ISN'T breed dependent! It is however, RNG dependent)

Gulp Froglet (x-x-2)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Sea Calf (2-1-2)

Gulp Froglet - Pass
Ghostshell Crab - Bubble, Grasp, Spirit Spikes (yes, need 3 hits against you and dead crab)
Gulp Froglet - Corpse Explosion
Sea Calf - Bubble, Blood in the Water (50/50 RNG), Surge spam til Gloamwing died

You need him to hit your crab 3 times and kill it while spirit spikes is up, then you need it to get 1 hit on gulp frog when it explodes, then you need to hit blood inthe water.

But if all those line up, then you will win. I used a B/B Frog and H/B Sea Calf.
Would be nice if they actually listened to beta testers before releasing this stuff. The fight has around a 3% chance to be won, and skill, availability of pets, etc, have nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's solely RNG. Some are spending 2 hours and 200 bandages trying to get the RNG to line up. And that's even with the proper breed of the required pets to do this. Not good design.

Also, anyone noticed lately that the pet battle animations lag, and they stop midair for a bit, before the next turn is available?
09/19/2017 05:55 PMPosted by Smokescrêên
Also, anyone noticed lately that the pet battle animations lag, and they stop midair for a bit, before the next turn is available?

When that happens, open your Achievements window and close it again. That will cause them to complete the move.
09/19/2017 07:39 PMPosted by Loncis
09/19/2017 05:55 PMPosted by Smokescrêên

When that happens, open your Achievements window and close it again. That will cause them to complete the move.

Lol weird stuff, thanks.
09/09/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Maizou
Found a strategy on Xu-Fu's comments, by someone named Semi. It took a few tries, but it worked and ISN'T breed dependent! It is however, RNG dependent)

Gulp Froglet (x-x-2)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Sea Calf (2-1-2)

Gulp Froglet - Pass
Ghostshell Crab - Bubble, Grasp, Spirit Spikes (yes, need 3 hits against you and dead crab)
Sea Calf - Bubble, Blood in the Water (50/50 RNG), Surge spam til Gloamwing died

You need him to hit your crab 3 times and kill it while spirit spikes is up, then you need it to get 1 hit on gulp frog when it explodes, then you need to hit blood inthe water.

But if all those line up, then you will win. I used a B/B Frog and H/B Sea Calf.

Wow, this worked for me. First time I tried it, with my B/B Frog. Many tries with other suggestions did not even get close.
09/09/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Maizou

Gulp Froglet (x-x-2)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Sea Calf (2-1-2)

Gulp Froglet - Pass

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! was banging my head on the wall must have tried 200 times with different combos ...got this one on my 4th attempt