No flying in Argus made me lose all interest

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 76 Next
09/05/2017 06:08 AMPosted by Spy
If so, that's a different problem that flight doesn't actually solve.

And removal of flying doesn't solve either which is the point really.

09/05/2017 06:06 AMPosted by Spy
Just putting a zone on a shelf doesn't make it "designed" for flying.

I was pointing out that each zone in BC had areas that required you to have flight to reach.
People who try to use semantics arguments only do so because they are wrong and know they are wrong. This game has VERY CLEARLY had zones designed for flying.

Flying was THE primary advertised selling feature of TBC.

Flying was still on of the TOP factors of WOTLK, CATA, and MOP.

Flying was even a FALSLY advertised feature of WOD (It clearly says right on the box "Take to the skies on your Raven mount"..... Pure FALSE advertising as Ion never had any intention of adding flying in WOD until we the player based forced him to do so.

As others have stated, flying was never an issue until blizzard made it an issue ;)

And there is NO ONE who is against flying. There are just forum trolls who like to stir up arguments because they have nothing better to do. ;)
09/05/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Catralonne
09/05/2017 06:08 AMPosted by Spy
If so, that's a different problem that flight doesn't actually solve.

And removal of flying doesn't solve either which is the point really.

09/05/2017 06:06 AMPosted by Spy
Just putting a zone on a shelf doesn't make it "designed" for flying.

I was pointing out that each zone in BC had areas that required you to have flight to reach.

Which means it's pointless to bring it up in an attempt to justify flight.

And I was pointing out that doesn't make it "designed" for flight. That's like saying SSC was "designed" for swimming.
09/05/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Angelis
People who try to use semantics arguments only do so because they are wrong and know they are wrong. This game has VERY CLEARLY had zones designed for flying.

Flying was even a FALSLY advertised feature of WOD (It clearly says right on the box "Take to the skies on your Raven mount"..... Pure FALSE advertising as Ion never had any intention of adding flying in WOD until we the player based forced him to do so.

As others have stated, flying was never an issue until blizzard made it an issue ;)

And there is NO ONE who is against flying. There are just forum trolls who like to stir up arguments because they have nothing better to do. ;)

First off, I see you're still not posting on your main there Captain Hypocrite.

Second, I have never said I was anti-flight. I'm anti-whining about flight.

And third, no one has yet to produce this magical place where flight was at all required in the zone.
08/31/2017 10:21 PMPosted by Angelis
08/31/2017 10:12 PMPosted by Vedelem
Sign you should quit.

Seriously if this is ruining the fun for you then i dont see much keeping you to stay here, seems like you just dont enjoy the content (anymore?).

Have you thought about unsubbing and moving on? Maybe try a new game? I think you should, you might be happier in that, seems like you're just letting yourself be dragged now.

Serious, sorry if rude

You are only level 16 and don't even know what we are talking about with Argus so you really should not be commenting until you reach level 110 and see for yourself. That or have the courage to post on your level 110.

What's it to you?
I know, right? Argus is so awful that I haven't even been there and I am bored already. :-P No, seriously, since I've hated all of Legion I just assume Argus will be bad.

Don't tell me to leave. I'm trying to get a PhD in cranky with a minor in self flagellation through gaming.
08/31/2017 10:19 PMPosted by Meatbicycle
08/31/2017 10:07 PMPosted by Angelis
We spent months earning pathfinder just to have flying removed yet again.

The bean counters will have to overrule the developers again. Only way for that to be done is with loss of subs and token purchases drying up.
The bean counters have never overruled the devs. Also, flying was never removed because you never were allowed to fly on Argus at any point. You can still fly everywhere you unlocked it.
I haven't lost interest yet but I feel like I'm only doing it for the rep reward at this point.

I really REALLY hate ground movement in Argus. It has become so damn tedious. I just can't do alts there at all.
08/31/2017 10:22 PMPosted by Colanasou
did you also complain about no flying on the timeless isle? the map isnt even that huge and theres literally no reason to have flying.

pretty sure it takes longer to go from one end of suramar to the other than to run across one zone on argus.

This is a very bad comparison. The timeless isle was mostly flat except for the assent to the summit to fight Ordos. That path was very straightforward.

There was no annoying terrain or mandatory lava pools. Mob density was far lower. Most importantly it didn't feel like a struggle to get out of combat if I wanted to.

While flying was added in TBC, there was no content in the game that required flying.

The only thing false here is your claim and your spinning of their words. When WoD released, you absolutely could take to the skies on your Dread Raven. It never said you could take to the skies in Draenor. It just said you could take to the skies which you could absolutely do. There is no false advertising, just you dishonestly spinning their words on your part to suit your agenda.

There are plenty of people in the game who are against flying. There were a number of threads created during MOP that demanded the removal of flying. More dishonestly and spin from you to suit your agenda.
I love the no flying for a bit, reminds me of the good ol' days. Dodging mobs, figuring out the lay of the land, sneaking by groups of horde.

With flying I just look at my map fullscreen and fly from ! to ? to !

I like exploring and running around with friends - it's why I love this game.
Sorry but there's no way that Legion pathfinder took you "months." Time gating not withstanding.

We've had to deal with garbage raid tiers, content gated by rep, and entire expansion that single handedly killed the interest of millions of players. However, Argus is what's done you in? C'mon, man...
I went to Argus on day 2 and did up to the first emissary. When I went back for the second one I took a look at the world map and decided it wasn't worth trying to get to 4 world quests, so I hearthed back to civilization.
09/05/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Gigabear
I went to Argus on day 2 and did up to the first emissary. When I went back for the second one I took a look at the world map and decided it wasn't worth trying to get to 4 world quests, so I hearthed back to civilization.

K.
09/05/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Rrayy
There are plenty of people in the game who are against flying. There were a number of threads created during MOP that demanded the removal of flying. More dishonestly and spin from you to suit your agenda.

I took the liberty of trying to find these MoP era threads. What I found was actually Neth shutting down such a thread(with all of 1 upvote), saying there were no plans to remove flying permanently exactly 1 year before they launched the expansion where they attempted to do exactly that. This is an Ilvl scaling moment.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10572387252?page=1#post-20

So even giving them the benefit of the doubt that there really were no plans at that time, if such a major declaration can change in such a short time, then what hope do we have than ANY assurances given to us are going to be valid?
if argus was like timeless isle i'd be okay. but argus is like a warlock took a dump after eating too much fel laced corn. just no.
09/05/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Serpent
if argus was like timeless isle i'd be okay. but argus is like a warlock took a dump after eating too much fel laced corn. just no.

Maybe you an Giga can chill in "civilization" while the rest of us are playing WoW.
09/05/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Spy

Maybe you an Giga can chill in "civilization" while the rest of us are playing WoW.

I plan to. Sitting in Goldshire or Stormwind is infinitely more enjoyable than Argus right now. My time is more limited than it once was, and between these threads and doing actual fun stuff in WoW, I don't have time to waste punishing myself on that toxic waste dump.

I've also set up a discord to discuss this issue, seeing as how this thread isnt' being extended, https://discord.gg/zVAn2vK
The zone is so drab and really feels like nothing more than broken shore 2.0...same atmosphere/scenery just with too much mob density.

This is going way too far blizzard, especially with the terrible terrain design on Argus. I hope blizzard will rethink their once again "no flying" debacle before they lose another drove of subscriptions in order to get their attention.
I think plenty of folks disagree with you on the first point, and Argus has been one of the best parts of Legion to me personally, but just to clarify on the second:

This is nothing new, and we don't have any plans to change this going forward. New zones added in patch content have never to my knowledge had flying allowed. Even when flying was introduced in 2.0, flying was not available on the Isle of Quel'danas when it released in 2.4. The same is true of Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle from 5.2 and 5.4. These zones have always been about exploration, with a bit of danger, and Argus fits quite nicely into that theme.

I can understand that you may have recently earned Pathfinder and want to fly, but no one is stopping you from flying anywhere you want over the Broken Isles - but this is Argus.

If you're having trouble getting around Argus, you're probably not paying attention to the landscape. If you're dying in Fel flows, you're probably charging head first into them instead of leaping across the rocks floating about. If you're constantly being tagged by mobs, you're probably missing an easier way around the groups.

Argus isn't supposed to be a friendly and hospitable place, and I wouldn't bet my gold on a demon sitting down for tea with me any time soon. If you're having trouble and finding it difficult to get around and avoid pitfalls, then Argus is working as intended.
09/05/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
The zone is so drab and really feels like nothing more than broken shore 2.0...same atmosphere/scenery just with too much mob density.

This is going way too far blizzard, especially with the terrible terrain design on Argus. I hope blizzard will rethink their once again "no flying" debacle before they lose another drove of subscriptions in order to get their attention.
I think plenty of folks disagree with you on the first point, and Argus has been one of the best parts of Legion to me personally, but just to clarify on the second:

This is nothing new, and we don't have any plans to change this going forward. New zones added in patch content have never to my knowledge had flying allowed. Even when flying was introduced in 2.0, flying was not available on the Isle of Quel'danas when it released in 2.4. The same is true of Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle from 5.2 and 5.4. These zones have always been about exploration, with a bit of danger, and Argus fits quite nicely into that theme.

I can understand that you may have recently earned Pathfinder and want to fly, but no one is stopping you from flying anywhere you want over the Broken Isles - but this is Argus.

If you're having trouble getting around Argus, you're probably not paying attention to the landscape. If you're dying in Fel flows, you're probably charging head first into them instead of leaping across the rocks floating about. If you're constantly being tagged by mobs, you're probably missing an easier way around the groups.

Argus isn't supposed to be a friendly and hospitable place, and I wouldn't bet my gold on a demon sitting down for tea with me any time soon. If you're having trouble and finding it difficult to get around and avoid pitfalls, then Argus is working as intended.

with all due respect you guys arent understanding the issue

Before when new patch content was released without flying.... We had had flying since the moment we hit max level. so we actually got to enjoy it for quite awhile before ti was taken away.

Now, it's taken away very shortly after most people have earned it.... DOESN'T FEEL NEARLY AS GOOD'

I personally don't care 'too' much... but I can definitely understand the sentiment from that part of the playerbase.

ALSO REMEMBER - Pathfinder was new for WoD and that expac had flying in it's final 'patch' zone So in a way you are going back on what was done last time.