New Cast Animations Feedback

General Discussion
First off, I am typing this from my phone. So if there are any typos, or strange words that make no sense or are way out of place... you can blame auto-correct.

Now, to the point. When I chose the race that I wanted to play, i chose it for a reason. This reason being, I enjoyed the way they looked. From their run animation all the way to their cast animations. With the new casting animations being released I kind I feel jipped. I feel that Blizzard was extremely lazy with these animations too.

Now, before you begin to hate me (if you already don't) let me explain why.

1. Uniqueness of casting animations per race and sex: With these new animations their is no longer race casting uniqueness. If I'm castings, schism on my undead priest, guess what. A night elf, is casting it the same exact way. Why? Making a cast animation based on an ability is flat out just a lazy design. Give each and every race/sex their own animations like we had before. It may take a bit more time, but quality is greater than quantity in this situation. Especially when we the players have put so much time in when it came to deciding our race/sex.

2. Looks: Some of these new cast animations just look way out of places. Again with schism... if I play a male undead priest, the transition from charging the ability and actually casting the ability is horrid. I'm pretty sure there are many other classes like this.

So please Blizzard.... im begging you to improve on these animations. Don't let this be like this for another 10 years. The animations just aren't fluent and don't fit on most races.

Let's hear what you guys have to say about these animations. Remember to keep it clean and constructive.
No one else has input?
Healing Rain.
I have only experience shadow priest and fire mage animations and I really really like them.

Haven't really messed with any of my other specs yet.
I never noticed the racial difference because I only play belf and haven't been on my ally since 7.3.

The mage effects are awesome and I think the fire ones are best of the 3 specs. Priest is sexy too but haven't tried shadow yet. I noticed the sounds are better too. Overall I'm good with the change.
09/01/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Brry
I never noticed the racial difference because I only play belf and haven't been on my ally since 7.3.

The mage effects are awesome and I think the fire ones are best of the 3 specs. Priest is sexy too but haven't tried shadow yet. I noticed the sounds are better too. Overall I'm good with the change.

Fire mage is awesome. I love how the fire spells like pyroblast bounce off the enemies when it hits. Gives the fire almost like a tangible effect like it is part fluid or solid like wet sand.

Both shadow and fire feel really impactful with the improved sound effects and animations. They are quite frankly: awesome.
I love the swipe animation, but the new "powering up" animations are awful to look at on big fat characters.

Other than that, I wish they focused more resources on the spell animations instead. Healing wave/surge has quickly become my favorite.

09/01/2017 08:33 AMPosted by Quinzal
Healing Rain.
Exactly.
Holy Nova, Apothesis, and Void Form all look awesome.

Just saying.
There are some spells that still have your race/gender animation. Mostly your starter spells like Shadowbolt, Frostbolt, Fireball, Mindflay, Mindblast, stuff like that.
I love the new animations, they are far superior then the old ones in every way, for every class. I resubbed just to try them out.