Totem use while elevated

Shaman
Hi fellow shamans!

I have been doing rated arenas and I have noticed a pretty crazy inconvenience in totem use. For the totems that have to be placed places (Earthbind, Earthenshield, etc...), I noticed that I cannot place in an area that is below me. For example, on blade's edge arena, if I am on the bridge, I cannot place the totem down below on the ground. Anyone else see this as an issue?

I am wondering if this a bug, OR if Blizzard completely forgot to allow this mechanic. If this is how it is supposed to be, then I hope every other class cannot use this mechanic with their spells either.
It's intended. It's been around since legion, makes totem placing very aggravating when you're a pico-meter above the ground.

They did say they'll look into it, sometime at the start of the year, but I doubt its a priority.
It really sucks because in arena such as blade's edge, I cannot totem below
This was changed back in MoP i believe.

Because a totem is a physical object it can be intervened/shadow stepped to etc.

This would break the game when exploiters would put their totems on a wall or ceiling and their buddies would then shadow step to it and proceed to go through the wall.

It has been this way for so long now I don't think its going to be changed unfortunately.
08/28/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Bipst
This was changed back in MoP i believe.

Because a totem is a physical object it can be intervened/shadow stepped to etc.

This would break the game when exploiters would put their totems on a wall or ceiling and their buddies would then shadow step to it and proceed to go through the wall.

It has been this way for so long now I don't think its going to be changed unfortunately.

Well it is honestly awful in arena because I feel like sometimes I have to come out of position to place totems. It really should be changed because it is a basic mechanic for shamans and I should be able to use them while I can LoS my team members.