On a scale of 1 to 10

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
Realistically, a 2/10.

I had a long post about this that has been buried (too long, most didn't read) but I basically asked--we've been told for years now that "better communication" is the goal, but I have seen little to no evidence of it. There's been no plan/steps announced. Nothing. We get what we get, which I'd consider to be the bare minimum.

If there were truly an MMO on the market that could compete with WoW as a "similar product" that I liked, I'd go with it, based on how Blizzard's WoW dev team has conducted itself publicly and, apparently, privately.
The forums here are pretty much the Mos Eisley of the WoW. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. Negative posts that go on forever.

Meanwhile this expansion has overtaken my #1 favorite, Wrath. I've been with WoW since 6 months after release. I certainly believe they listen to their community. They throw a massive con annually for their base, which isn't at all necessary.

I give them a 9 for listening to their community.
09/05/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Snowfox
Side A argues it should all be dark grey
Side B argues it should all be light grey.
Blizzard listens, and makes it just grey.

Side A and Side B both post in outrage that Blizzard didn't listen.

I think a more accurate representation is something like
"The majority of players say it should be red.
Some players think it should be blue.
Blizzard listens, and makes it brown."

No players are happy, but now they're stuck with brown.
I'm mostly talking, specifically, about the flight issue. It seems most players enjoy flight and love it. Blizzard has repeatedly hammered down their opinion that flight is unnecessary and ruins the content they make...

Obviously Blizzard is free to do whatever they want with the game. It's just when a large number of players are shouting "Hey, we like flying." and Blizzard takes it away, it's kind of gross.
When our feedback matches their vision, they seem to care a lot. When we point out issues, that don't match what they want, they ignore us and talk in glittering generalities about their metrics and internal data. The current team has been this way since WoD, and does not appear to have learned anything from that fiasco.

Remember the definition of insanity
I'd say 2 or 3.
09/05/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Yaff
How much do you think the current WoW Devs value player feedback, or how valuable do you think your opinion is to them as a paying customer? 10 being extremely valued, 1 being not valued at all.

There are two questions there.

1) Time will tell. If they are serious about no flying they need to take a look at SWtoR. Your "stone home" is on a 6 minute CD and you have options on where to stone to. As you navagate to yourquest objectives you can easily get there agging zero mobs (usually). Optional quest objectives pop up to kill trash if you want. This works well because "content" is the quest objective, not the trash on the way and it is easy to get in and out.

2) If they know it or not, our feedback is extremely valuable. There are reasons that successful companies have departments focused on customer relations and feedback. Ever hear of a focus group? Every online game I know of encourages a healthy community behind their game. That doesn't mean armies of "yes men". No company will survive long if they don't give their customers what they want from the product.
09/07/2017 01:42 PMPosted by Koven
The forums here are pretty much the Mos Eisley of the WoW. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. Negative posts that go on forever.

Meanwhile this expansion has overtaken my #1 favorite, Wrath. I've been with WoW since 6 months after release. I certainly believe they listen to their community. They throw a massive con annually for their base, which isn't at all necessary.

I give them a 9 for listening to their community.

Oh, c'mon. For starters, that's Blizzard's company-wide convention, not just WoW dev team's.

And it's a pretty safe bet that the convo basically prints money for the company. If they weren't making money off it, it would stop quickly.

That's not the ONLY reason Blizzcon exists. But it certainly isn't some altruistic 100% "for the fans!" thing.
How much do you think the current WoW Devs value player feedback

General opinions (feedback) from player base = 8

how valuable do you think your opinion is to them as a paying customer?

My personal opinions = 1 (and that's a good thing)
In general: 3/10 and declining, if that's possible. The way they've handled (or not handled) the legendary system as a whole is one of the worst sets of decisions they've done to this game. It shows us how little they care about our feedback in that regard.
09/05/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz
They don't care if you're subbed and unhappy, they care if you quit.

2 out of 10.
Overall, 3/10. They still love their raiders.

Me, personally, 0/10 as long as I'm still subbed. "All is well" as long as their engagement metrics spreadsheet gets filled in.

New devs = World of Diablo , Lame
Depends on what you mean by player feedback. Internal data gleaned by looking at people's actual playing habits/what they do while logged in, how often they log in, when, and why, etc?

Or do you just mean forum posts and social media comments?

I imagine it's a mixture of the two.
Probably 2/10 or 3/10. Doesn't help that people like Ion kinda give off this air that he thinks hes always right and the player is always wrong no exceptions. Like when he told all shaman players they're using reincarnation wrong and its not a class issue. Thats how Holinka acted and he ended up getting the boot off the wow team and onto some other Blizz team.
Well, let us give them a point for listening on Real-ID, and another point for reversing in a ham-handed fashion their decision on flight in WoD. That is two points, but to be honest, I am hard pressed to think of any other real indication of feedback being listened to with any apparent effect on the game. However, having read the previous posts, I realize that some other indications of listening to feedback from the players must exist. So let us be generous and say a 4/10, although a 3/10 is likelier to be an honest answer. Customer relations seems to have been a problem for Blizz for a while now, and I see no sign of that changing anytime soon.