How to tame a Panthara

Hunter
It's simple, just follow these easy steps!
*Step one: Farm Talbuks for their meat named "Fresh Talbuk Meat"(I think)
*Step two: Go to the Panthara of your choice and FREEZE TRAP IT!
*Step three: Go into feign death(You can't throw the meat in combat)
*Step four: Throw the meat on the Panthara *QUICKLY*(still freeze trapped)
*Step five: START TAMING!

And now you should have yourself a pretty kitty that is the Panthara!
Have fun taming, Hunters! <3
Tried this twice, no go. Not sure what the issue is. Just frustrated at this point.
I just camod in close, tossed the meat on it and INSTANTLY started the tame.

I think the buff from the food is very very short
Yep. Freeze trap - feign death - camoflage - get in range for meat (has a targeting circle) and throw it - quickly hit tame. I was able to tame the yellow and the blue/gray using this method. Thanks to Petopia and the Secret Finding Discord for discovering it!
I got mine by first going survival spec. Using camo to make sure I stay of out combat then toss a freezing trap at it followed by getting into range to throw the meat and right as it hits the panthara I hit tame beast.
Note, the meat drop is abysmally low. I'm at ~500 kills right now and no meat drop.
If you can't get meat to drop, try grouping up with others, that seems to help a lot.
when you throw the meat you have to be at max range. if you are too close to the panthara you could agro it and it will mess up your tame... i learned that after 4 tries...
09/02/2017 12:18 AMPosted by Pukast
when you throw the meat you have to be at max range. if you are too close to the panthara you could agro it and it will mess up your tame... i learned that after 4 tries...

I was next to the panthara when I did it I'm pretty sure.

The one I tamed was also not in combat when I trapped it. It was asleep with its back to me. I'm starting to wonder if that was a factor.
I did this, just now. Still nope. I'm camo'd, not aggro'd, but as soon as I start to tame, it shimmers. I dunno. I'm just irritated at this point. 5 attempts, no pet. SO much farming. So over it. :(
The biggest thing that is causing problems is still having aggro with the cats. It's very important to make sure you don't have it when you tame. Feint death does not always remove it, so be very careful, take a friend with you if you are having challenges and let them freeze the cat (and also feint death!!) you can check if you still have aggro by trying to switch specs. If you can't it means you are still in combat!
After 4 failed tames, I went with a suggestion posted on the Petopia forums and switched to Survival. I used the following method:

Camo up to cat.
Frost trap cat (stay in camo).
Throw meat (while still in camo).
Tame immediately.

edit - I also took off my weapon and my proc trinket. I think I actually took off both trinkets.

Only when using this no FD method was I able to tame my second two cats.

There are some great forums on Petopia about all the various methods. Some work for people, some don't, it seems all very hit and miss which is incredibly frustrating. Also, certain cats are reportedly bugged and won't tame at all. If Blizzard is going to make the meat drop rate that low, they should at least make sure the taming works!

Good luck everyone!
Did it as BM
-First make sure nobody or any mobs are around that can interupt.
-Frost trap from a distance
-Stand on top of Panthera and feign death
-Click Talbuk Meat an drop it under mob
-Make sure the Panthera is targeted an tame
GG
09/01/2017 09:36 PMPosted by Ozoroc
Yep. Freeze trap - feign death - camoflage - get in range for meat (has a targeting circle) and throw it - quickly hit tame. I was able to tame the yellow and the blue/gray using this method. Thanks to Petopia and the Secret Finding Discord for discovering it!

You were able to have two Panthara tamed at the same time? I've read someone saying that if you have one tamed you can't successfully tame more.

Edit: I can't get the yellow (Panthara Apex) tamed regardless. Just went through three Fresh Meat on it, and it shimmered every time. Used the same method I've used without a failure to tame two Panthara previously.
Do the Wild Cragscalers drop the meat as well as the Chitnous Cragscalers ?
Yes, all talbuk drop the meat.
I have tried to tame 3 times using the methods from the videos all resulted in failed tames. Twice was as BM once with Survival. I am wondering if it is a Blood Elf issue. I have not seen a Blood Elf with a Panthra yet. It is very frustrating, all I want is one of these beautiful cats.
09/03/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Rainfish

Not all Talbuks can be attacked. Only those you can attack can drop the meat.
09/03/2017 09:04 PMPosted by Willowspaw
09/03/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Rainfish

Not all Talbuks can be attacked. Only those you can attack can drop the meat.

I ... figured that went without saying, sorry. My mistake to assume.

And I've seen a couple of BE with them. Be sure to have the cat targeted when you chuck the meat.
Did they increase the drop rate of the meat? I got one meat after about killing 10 Talbuks, then after a failed tame attempt (because the tame button was on the wrong hotkey for some reason) I got another meat after killing like 5 more Talbuks.

Anyway, got my panthara on my 3rd try.