How to tame a Panthara

Hunter
4636 posts
48 min ago

Did they increase the drop rate of the meat?

I think they may have. I got a drop after about 5-10 kills last night.
Hopefully. Whelpling-esque drop rates with few mobs to tame a *cat* is kind of absurd.
I'm at 300 kills and no meat :(
Unsure if *ALL* Talbuks drop this. I had 0 luck in Mac'Aree where they are all over the place. Went back to farm Cragstalkers and got my drops there.

If all are supposed to drop it, maybe its broken.
it is likely zone specific.
After sooooooo many failed attempts, I finally figured it out. I have 3 hunters and got the tame on them all. What I was doing wrong was, not taming IMMEDIATLY after throwing the meat. There were always a couple seconds or so between. So, camo, throw meat, tame. I did not have to FD. Now, the talbuk meat is a different story. Way too low drop rate. I did end up buying from AH which sucked, but I really wanted that cat. Good luck to you all!!!!
If you do not have CAMO, then use the Echoes of Argus ability set from the command ship's arsenal.

No need to "break immersion" by having to re-specing MM or SV.

To Clarify (as BM):

Target Beast
Freeze
Feign Death
Echoes of Argus (Camo if MM or SV)
Drop Meat on top of Beast
Tame

You're number ONE. And to the hunter that insists not to hide: Your number lost.
09/06/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Jinzá
If you do not have CAMO, then use the Echoes of Argus ability set from the command ship's arsenal.

To Clarify (as BM):

Target Beast
Freeze
Feign Death
Tame

You're number ONE. And to the hunter that insists not to hide: Your number lost.

Used the Echoes of Argus technique and it worked in one try. Finally. 10 Fresh Talbuk meat I wasted using the technique I used for the blue one which involved using Camo.
after about 6 failed tames, I took of legendary pants roots of shaldarassill or however you spell it got two successful tames thinking the heal proc was causing agro
Well I just tried to tame one in Mac'aree I had no pets and was on lone wolf MM spec and I got the splash of blood like I saw in videos of taming these guys but I was getting a message in game that I had an active pet already and that is such BS.

I froze trapped and walked up until I got aggro then I feigned hit cammo threw meat got that splash but wouldn't let me tame ffs. Why?
Well I got really lucky getting the meat to drop on like the 4th talbuk I killed but that tame bugged out and didn't go through, I have since farmed so many talbuk and no more meat. /sigh

I mean the AH has it selling at lowest price last I looked was 30k for 1 piece.

My skinning was 400 when I started and now almost 650 - the drop rate for this meat is a bloody joke!

I really want to get the purple panthara I saw in Mac'aree. And I have 2 other hunters as well. Oh joy!
I have tried so many times. Bought countless meats on the AH. I finally got 1 to drop today. I thought I'd finally do it right on the sleeping one in Mac'Aree because I heard that one you don't need to use ice trap etc. It still wouldn't go. I didn't try the OP advice yet but I will next time. I feel I need more than one meat to try this cause I keep losing them.
I was sorely disappointed to find that there are no panthara with the same color as Naroua that can be tamed. Please remedy this, Blizz.
09/04/2017 08:20 AMPosted by Shyeer
4636 posts
48 min ago

Did they increase the drop rate of the meat?

I think they may have. I got a drop after about 5-10 kills last night .

I thought they might have too because I got 3 meats. Then I ended up farming for hours in Mac'Aree where you can kill a lot at once and I got nothing so I don't know.
Has anyone tried taming the Duskcloak Alpha? I've tried almost a dozen times with no luck. Says it's stealthed or something.
misread as pandaren, you got me excited there for a sec

masterblaster gnome hunter w/ giant humanoid pet would make me happy.
The duskcloak alphas seem to be trickier than the others. Your best bet is to isolate them and keep at it, I guess. :/ I kinda want one but I kinda don't wanna deal with talbuk meat outside of helping others ever again...
Its not simple, its idiotic. farm talbuk for hours, check.
find a sleeping cat, throw meat, get a weird glitch moment
and fail tame. they shouldn't put crap in this game if they can't handle
the coding for it. (no i don't have an odd trinket, i read up before i wasted
the piece of meat i wasted several hours on). I'm so disgusted with wow now, this last patch is so insidious, i'm finding more and more I dont want to play anymore.
09/06/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Jinzá

To Clarify (as BM):

Target Beast
Freeze
Feign Death
Tame

I took both Camo and Echoes LOL...
Target
Freeze Trap
Try to position yourself behind the panthara
Click on the meat to see how far you have to throw it, keep at a max distance.
Feign Death
Camo
Echoes
Throw meat
Tame

I know its overkill but its worked for me 100%
Hope 3rd times the charm