I challenge you to find a better game

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 18 Next
08/31/2017 12:44 PMPosted by Hùmpty
A better mmo? WoW is champion.

A better game?
*Portal, *Fallout, *Half life, *Zelda, *Mario, *Metroid, *Castlevania, *Resident Evil, Skyrim, Golden Eye, *Grand Theft Auto.

There are many more but I think you get the point.

I'm not entirely sure why you think WoW is the pinnacle of gaming; I challenge you to explain why it is better than the hundreds of games people have suggested.

(* entire franchise)

"Better" is very subjective. However, none of those games have achieved the status or success that WoW has.. not by a long shot.
08/31/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Inali
If you only want butts, you may be best served by finding a dating simulator or something.

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

FF14 is a waifu simulator with flat asses in all directions.

It's a terrible game in most aspects.
StarCraft: Brood War

08/31/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Elysse
However, none of those games have achieved the status or success that WoW has.. not by a long shot.

-has far surpassed wow's importance and relevance to the world in anything but memes about fat losers who never go outside

08/31/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Asymmastus
Starcraft 1 (Brood War) is a better game though.

kek i didnt even read this thread
08/31/2017 05:47 AMPosted by Kagehiro
Baldur's Gate I & II.
Planescape: Torment.
Witcher 3.
TESV: Skyrim.
Chrono Trigger
Starcraft (+ BW)
Warcraft III (+ TFT)
Overwatch.
World of Warcraft (2004-2010).

So why aren't you playing those?

i've played a few of those.. after the initial "first time playing binge" I always go back to WoW. We all do!
However, none of those games have achieved the status or success that WoW has.. not by a long shot.

Zelda/Mario/GTA haven't achieved WoW's success or surpassed it?

I realize there's a lot of diehard fans here, but come on.
"Better" is very subjective. However, none of those games have achieved the status or success that WoW has.. not by a long shot.

I love my WoW, but if you don't think even half those games have surpassed WoW you're lying to yourself. WoW is champion of a dying, if not dead, genre (as much as I love MMORPGs). Mario, Zelda and probably even Metroid are juggernauts compared to WoW. Hell Mario has weaseled his way past his own very successful franchise, into just about every other theme from playing doctor tetris, to tennis to pounding on pikachu when hes not playing a lifesize boardgame with friends or losing friends with the spiked blue shell on the track.
08/31/2017 12:44 PMPosted by Hùmpty
A better mmo? WoW is champion.

A better game?
*Portal, *Fallout, *Half life, *Zelda, *Mario, *Metroid, *Castlevania, *Resident Evil, Skyrim, Golden Eye, *Grand Theft Auto.

There are many more but I think you get the point.

I'm not entirely sure why you think WoW is the pinnacle of gaming; I challenge you to explain why it is better than the hundreds of games people have suggested.

(* entire franchise)

You're serious? you're serious aren't you. Okay you're serious.

I literally can not undersatnd how you could ever think that Mario has never achieved the status or success that WoW has.

Unfathomable. There's blind fanboyism, and then there's this.

8 of the top 50 best selling games of all time are Mario games.
20 of the top 50 are Nintendo alone.
Multiple instances of Grand Theft Auto littered throughout the list
The only Blizzard game on there anywhere is Diablo 3, which according to fans of the diablo franchise is the worst game in the series.
08/31/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Astanta

Because when you play a game, you're not married to it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You're serious? you're serious aren't you. Okay you're serious.

I literally can not undersatnd how you could ever think that Mario has never achieved the status or success that WoW has.

The only Blizzard game on there anywhere is Diablo 3, which according to fans of the diablo franchise is the worst game in the series.

A quick google search gives you a pretty easy answer.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/13510-world-of-warcraft-leads-industry-with-nearly-10-billion-in-revenue#/slide/1
08/31/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Elysse
08/31/2017 12:56 PMPosted by Pimentaco
...You're serious? you're serious aren't you. Okay you're serious.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/13510-world-of-warcraft-leads-industry-with-nearly-10-billion-in-revenue#/slide/1

Traditionally, consoles and games are a 1 time buy. I dont pay monthly to access my Nintendo game. Wow not only costs me the box cost (and I admit they are far more generous than FFXIV there) but I also have a recurring sub fee. When an expansion comes out, it is pretty close to the box price of a console game already. Blizz isnt even double dipping...they are getting theoretically 2 years worth of sub fees too. This means wow is a profitable game.

This all just goes back to the core problem...agree on an iron clad definition of what makes a better game. You cant, so this discussion has already failed in that regard.

I think it is most fair to compare the various pieces of wow to competitors and score each and then tally it up. So something like questing, solo experience, dungeons, crafting, etc. You can get as meta as you want but that just makes comparions harder when you leave the genre.
08/31/2017 05:54 AMPosted by Bojanglz
08/31/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Brighter

lolololol

^ (the lololol part because that game is lol)
08/31/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Evelonia
You've played other games for 10+ years?

I know you are talking to someone else but....

Yes. Look at my list above. I bought all of them new when they came out and i still play them again and again even now. Games i didn't even list above i have as well for 10+ years.

FF4 (FF2 in USA) bought the SNES cart back in the day and i played it so much that at one point i knew everything about the game. I think i have every version of it available in the USA. I like the PS1 version because it's the hard version in japan. I dislike the DS version the most though.

Also, Dragon Force. I have played it so much that even now i have my whole pattern of how i play it memorized. I have played it hundreds and hundreds of times. I bougt it brand new at ToysRUS back when the Saturn was still a current gen system (i also bought Shining Force 3 and House of the Dead 2 there as well). I just finished a game of it last week.

I can go on and on and on.
...lol you, really don't want to open that can of worms.
08/31/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Sherimoon
In my opinion there is no better game.

Then, why the discussion/debate? you've already cemented your opinion and clearly you wont be budged off it, so trolling? or just - is there a word for this?

ಠ_ಠ hmmmm.
08/31/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Elysse

That whole article is bogus though. I knew that when it said WoW was estimated to have between 9 and 10 million subs and that article was in February. There MIGHT have been 5 million subs in February but that's doubtful.
08/31/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Astanta
Baldur's Gate I & II.
Planescape: Torment.
Witcher 3.
TESV: Skyrim.
Chrono Trigger
Starcraft (+ BW)
Warcraft III (+ TFT)
Overwatch.

i've played a few of those.. after the initial "first time playing binge" I always go back to WoW. We all do!

With the exception of Chrono Trigger and Torment, I am. These are games I regularly circle back to when I get tired of other things (like WoW). But the initial question was to list games better than WoW, not which games I play most often.
08/31/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Zandalari

You're really gonna cite Wow (with older content that STILL exists) as a better game than WoW?

except it doesn't exist. stranglethorn vale as it once was does not exist, 40 man raids do not exist, southshore as it once was does not exist, talent trees, gems, full enchants, reforging all do not exist, zul'gurub the raid does not exist, wall walking, exploiting into hyjal, on top of iron forge and under caverns of time does not exist. it's a very different game.

just because it was better before does mean it's not good now, it's just not as good.
I'm only here because my friends can't all agree on one game to move to.
08/31/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Sherimoon
i keep reading how so many here think this is the end of wow, the Devs are killing their game.
Um they been saying this same line for 13 years , just remove the world Legion and put BC , Wrath , Cata ect . We will be here for years and years to come
Depends on the game genre and what is available.

If a new Elder Scrolls pops out, you better believe that tons of players will vanish for a time. After it is done, they need something to entertain themselves.

I personally play LoL much much more than WoW, however I also can get bored of playing a MOBA repeatedly, so I'll hop on here.

WoW is definitely -not- my favorite (anymore at least), but it fills the entertainment gap when required.