GuildUninvite() disabled

UI and Macro
Any workaround for this?

It would be unfortunate that Guild Masters or Officers would have to manually right click and remove people from their guild. There are a lot of us that simply want to purge inactive players from their guilds as we don't want a guild graveyard.

It seems with 7.3 they removed this functionality.

Now when you attempt to run GuildUninvite(name), you get: "A macro script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI."

I'm fairly certain they removed this functionality because of the WeakAura exploit but disabling this for the entire community isn't really acceptable.

I'm hoping there's a workaround, if anyone has any ideas let me know!
This leaves a huge hole in necessary functionality to keep guilds clean of inactive members, while creating a full regression of functionality. If people use ElvUI or other frame modification addons, no more guild kicking?

My thought/request for Blizzard is:

-> Make a protected frame for guild management. Including listing members and kicking. Addons that start messing with that, throw errors.
-> Make an inactivity threshold for guilds. Allow them to set how many days someone can be inactive before they're removed. Then, handle it behind the scenes. As this doesn't necessarily need to be constantly running, you could easily do this in a staggered job fashion to be ran on some interval that lowers impact to your backend systems while providing an easy way to remove the need for a legitimate addon you've broken.

I'm sure there are other scenarios, but those are the two that are "in my face."
Hermm, that won't fix the issues that a lot of larger guilds may still have if they use more advanced tools. This is a horrible, horrible solution to the weakaura's attack. They need to just make any destructive action have a confirmation dialog, problem solved. Things like changing rank (other than changing GM) and things like sending ginvites are pretty critical to be available for anyone using any kind of good automation on top of the crap UI that bliz has for guild management.

(Rank changes were also disabled, which is what sent me looking. I have a system that auto-promotes alts that was broken by this.)
Great suggestions but I'd rather utilize Swyn's Guild Promoter or a similar all-in-one guild management addon where ranks (promote/demote) were automated based on custom set criteria and inactive members were removed based on rank/level/#DaysInactive. This consolidated method makes managing very large guilds much easier in the long run. Hopefully either this call for the functions SetGuildMemberRank and GuildControlSetRank (I'm sure there are others) will be voided or a workaround implemented so GM's like myself don't have to manually review every member individually for rank promotions.
I'd like a confirmation window that I can click. Easy fix for me like on the mail to unknown people.
I'm the author of zbGuildManager. This completely makes my add-on a waste of a month of development time.

The purpose of my add-on was managing absent guild members in a large guild, before that I used guild search because with so many members you had to manually locate each member and their alts and remove them one at a time... HOURS AND HOURS of labor hoisted on the back of the guild management team.

With my add-on it turned those hours into minutes... now I am completely broken in this regard.

Does anyone have at least some semblance of an idea of what to do to make this work?

The broke not only uninvite but also set rank as well.... now all my add-on is good for is searching.

OMG Blizzard UI doesn't even __HAVE__ a search.
All I can think is...

1. I need a way to search for a player.
2. I need a way to set rank / notes on the found player, even if one at a time.

Perhaps if Blizzard had an API I could call ... say "EditGuildMember(name)" that would bring up the Blizzard API for the player and then let me manually set things. It wouldn't be NEAR as good as what I have but I could at least function.

As it is... clicking (show off line) and the scrolling through 700 characters in my guild (no search) to bring up the Blizzard Edit Panel is unacceptable!

I tried programmatically to bring up their panel and I'm not sure I have the function calls correct.

GuildFramePopup_Show(GuildMemberDetailFrame); Will bring up the edit panel, but the Roster must be up first. More investigation necessary.
"Guild Roster Manager" dev here. This is so much of an overreach on removing these API functions it is just sad. The guild addon space is already limited as is, but effective in closing the gap of a 14yr old unchanged guild leadership and permissions system. This effectively takes guild management back to the stone ages in terms of rank management in large guilds. It is extremely tedious and time-consuming to manage all of this... The addons acted a bit to close the gap in regards to guild management features found commonly in other online games. Not anymore. Back to 2003 for us now.

So, at this point, the only addon that could even exist is maintaining a list that merely could offer recommendations, but you still have to manually click each and every one and promote/demote and so on...

Why can't Blizz just have a "This action will remove a player(s) from your guild, are you sure?" Then confirm it... SO SIMPLE

Instead, Blizz gave us some lame hacked stop-gap because of the WeakAuras issue and didn't really resolve anything. They likely went in, made the API protected. It probably took them less than 15 minutes to do, yet killed months of work for many addon devs.

I am lucky that the functionality of my addon didn't center around rank changes and kicking and so on, but it still killed some of my functionality. For example I had a feature where you could kick the player, and if they had any alts, it would kick all their alts tagged to em too, especially if you wanted to ban the player, it would ban them and tag all their alts banned too!

So sad to see such features effectively bricked.
I've been trying to access the Blizzard UI code to have Their UI make the rank/remove updates

SetGuildRosterSelection(5);
GuildFrame.selectedGuildMember = 12;
GuildFramePopup_Show(GuildMemberDetailFrame);

But this code only gets loaded AFTER the Blizzard Roster UI gets loaded, so you have to bring up roster first. I'm still kinda new to the whole infrastructure of wow add-ons.

i mean if we could get a single player dialog to appear... it's better than nothing if we can't do group edits.

Also, I'm totally fine they protected disband... no one should need an add-on to do that.
09/10/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Kurston
I've been trying to access the Blizzard UI code to have Their UI make the rank/remove updates

SetGuildRosterSelection(5);
GuildFrame.selectedGuildMember = 12;
GuildFramePopup_Show(GuildMemberDetailFrame);

But this code only gets loaded AFTER the Blizzard Roster UI gets loaded, so you have to bring up roster first. I'm still kinda new to the whole infrastructure of wow add-ons.

i mean if we could get a single player dialog to appear... it's better than nothing if we can't do group edits.

Also, I'm totally fine they protected disband... no one should need an add-on to do that.

Yup, all protected functions now, so unless you in-game, manually open the rank permissions window, you are SOL. SetGuildRosterSelection() is the protected function. This is so bad, it literally bricks several guild addons.

I understand limiting gkicking, but why limit API call on rank permissions? HUGE overreach.
If we just had a function to open the Blizz UI to edit this stuff, we'd at least be able to be semi-functional.

OpenGuildRosterUI(charactername);

Then make the rank change and remove buttons protected. But, with Blizzard, if THEY don't need a function, they rarely create one for us, specifically.
Honestly, this sucks because I have to manually delete 300 members every 15 days when my guild is practically one of the biggest on the realm.
The Blizzard guild interface is old, clunky, outdated, and so limited it's horrible.

All my guild add-ons were broken by the changes in 7.3. Why? Why do I have to do SO MUCH WORK now?

Guilds retain WoW players. They make the game more fun. They help Blizzard and the WoW community. These changes just hurt the game and make guild management a complete pain in the butt.

Thanks for nothing Blizz since you've done nothing for guilds I can think of in recent history. On top of that, thanks for making it worse and harder. All with no warning that I saw and no solutions to fix any of it other than clicking 10,000 times.

At least increase the guild member limit to cope with massive more alts people have and new classes that increase alts more. But guilds get nothing but a kick to the nuts.

/salty
Yea, this blows... I can't believe they took this feature out. Why stop guilds from keeping their rosters clean with minimal effort? FFS gives us something to help keep the guild roster clean. Clicking on each person and kicking them is very time consuming!
Has anyone come up with a hybrid solution?
I'm wondering if Blizz has commented on this anywhere.

I have no appetite for removing members who quip playing one at a time. I've been doing it but it's such a waste of my time.
Can we please get a blue post reply?

I am trying to work with some other large guilds on the server to consolidate members because we're on a dinky server that got merged with another dinky server, and not being able to boot 2-year inactives or do any kind of achievement-oriented promotes kind of kills the prestige of a social guild. I'm not 22 anymore, I can't do this junk by hand.
Why wasn't there a statement or at least a patch note of this?
Same reason there wasn't one for the PlaySound() change I suppose.
10/02/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Brewergamer
Why wasn't there a statement or at least a patch note of this?

I'm sick of clicking over and over to remove inactives and upgrade ranks.

Come on Blizzard, a little love for guilds please.