Old spell animations as Glyphs

General Discussion
Title says it all, stop removing stuff ppl love from the game...we don't want less, we want more.

We have a glyph system don't we, start adding more cosmetic changes through glyphs, isn't that what they are supposed to do these days?

Everyone would be happy that way.

PS: Bring back old Starsurge animation, new one sucks.
So many spells have changed, one glyph for each is infeasible. And what if they update animations again in a couple of years, how many versions will we be tracking here? No, the new animations are here to stay. They feel rushed and judging by the twitter thread, they gave this responsibility to some kid lol.
09/01/2017 08:44 PMPosted by Valessera
So many spells have changed, one glyph for each is infeasible. And what if they update animations again in a couple of years, how many versions will we be tracking here? No, the new animations are here to stay. They feel rushed and judging by the twitter thread, they gave this responsibility to some kid lol.

They won't. It took them 14 years to update the animations for spells. It's sorta sad really. This company doesn't seem to care about the people who play it's games as long as they get paid.
How about simply giving us the choice to use the old spell animations or the new ones? Just like we have the option to use the old character models or the new ones.

Some of the new character models I like, but others just make me cringe. The male Troll when he runs and I want to gag. The male humans also, etc.

Choice is ALWAYS good :D
I wouldn't mind having the option to toggle between the new and old animations. Then again I'm sure would like the same for old melee animations old character models and other old things.

Regardless of my personal opinion on any of those the freedom of choice would be nice, unless there's some sort of technical issue with doing so that I don't know about. As it is I can only assume these things are as they are simply because the devs won't put the extra time into them.

As for doing it through glyphs, while I'm all for actually treating the new glyph system like it isn't just a hollow shell I think it would have to depend on just how the animations work on a technical level. Would the game actually allow for it or would it be better off as a checkbox in a menu?
09/01/2017 09:08 PMPosted by Yonara
I wouldn't mind having the option to toggle between the new and old animations. Then again I'm sure would like the same for old melee animations old character models and other old things.

Regardless of my personal opinion on any of those the freedom of choice would be nice, unless there's some sort of technical issue with doing so that I don't know about. As it is I can only assume these things are as they are simply because the devs won't put the extra time into them.

As for doing it through glyphs, while I'm all for actually treating the new glyph system like it isn't just a hollow shell I think it would have to depend on just how the animations work on a technical level. Would the game actually allow for it or would it be better off as a checkbox in a menu?

There a number of ways they could implement it if they wanted, i suggested glyphs but any system that would give us more choices would be welcome.
The fact that this is such a massive issue with people boggles my mind. I didn't realize so many people liked to watch their characters cast during fights.
09/01/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Hausenfeifer
The fact that this is such a massive issue with people boggles my mind. I didn't realize so many people liked to watch their characters cast during fights.

Not everyone plays the game to be just a DPS machine.

A lot of people like to feel the magic and fantasy...ikr what a crazy notion...
09/01/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Hausenfeifer

How a character moves when you're playing changes the feel of the game considerably.

I really like the new animations for the most part, but it's understandable how some people might be upset since it does change the feel of their characters a bit.
09/01/2017 08:47 PMPosted by Zën
It took them 14 years to update the animations for spells. It's sorta sad really. This company doesn't seem to care about the people who play it's games as long as they get paid.

...didn't you start a thread complaining about the fact that they updated them at all?