Patch 7.3 Render Scale Broken (windowed fs)

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 16 17 18 20 Next
Rommax,

I am unable to see the Build of 24970 and currently updated to the latest of 24931. Has 24970 been pushed out yet?
09/05/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Rainei
Is the above noted patch already pushed to us? My client doesn't appear to be updating to that patch level.

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. I'm asking around. It should be out soon.

Edit: Ok, I misread something. It's live on PTR now. Live on live should follow shortly if all goes well.
09/05/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Rommax
09/05/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Rainei
Is the above noted patch already pushed to us? My client doesn't appear to be updating to that patch level.

Does this build gonna fix the issue with opengl broken graphics too?
09/05/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Melissändre
09/05/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Rommax

No, unfortunately, this build only has metal fixes. We're aware of the OpenGL issue but I don't have an ETA on a fix for that one yet.
09/05/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Rommax
09/05/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Melissändre

No, unfortunately, this build only has metal fixes. We're aware of the OpenGL issue but I don't have an ETA on a fix for that one yet.

Ok, I'm just worried that you guys just let the game like that for us that play with OpenGL because that is very frustrating :( I'm really sad and my guild benched me because I can't raid effectively. Do you know if that issue is being addressed for a possible solution?
Rommax,

So this Build of 24970, this should fix Windowed Fullscreen as far as resolution scaling and performance not looking like 1200x800 correct? I really want to go back to playing at 5120x2880 in Windowed Fullscreen on my iMac but I'm forced to play on Fullscreen due to the small cursor and poor performance at 5120x2880 so I'm forced to play at 2560x1440.
Ok, 24970 is now live. Sorry for the confusion.
09/05/2017 06:04 PMPosted by Rommax

Did 24970 fix the issues in the thread for Iris Pro, located here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758886742?page=4#post-75
My game is back to looking pretty again (at first glance! haven't gone out in the world yet)! Thanks Blizz!
09/05/2017 06:04 PMPosted by Rommax

Woooooo! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 1000000000000 AP points today for you! It looks great again! :)

Appreciate all your hard work and effort and the reversion for Windowed (Fullscreen). My eyes are greatly appreciating it already as well.

The Fullscreen changes along with the mouse changes are also an exceptionally nice touch and options are always great to have!

Thank you again! Owe you a pint a two one day sir!
I started getting used to the fuzzy fonts, but now everything is snappy again! Thanks!

How did we ever survive before Retina Display?
Checked out both full screen and windowed full screen! Windowed looks fine again to me, I've shifted it between 50% render (what I play in) and 100% render a couple times just to test it looks the same as before, and versus full screen.

Fullscreen on two monitors is a little odd. It doesn't want to release my mouse from the main screen very well - I have to try a bit which isn't terrible. I've found if I start from further away from the edge and skate the mouse fast across to the second screen it works great, as a tip for anyone else doing the same. Cmd-shift-tab seems to work well though.

Framerate so far seems similar on both windowed full and real full though I've mostly been sitting in Dalaran while I poke at settings.

Definitely seems to be a good fix! Thank you!
I've tested in both modes on the new build. Things more or less look back to normal. My fps is definitely lower than in 7.2.5, though, maybe a 20-30 fps loss? It's playable now, but a noticeable degradation. So I'll definitely be looking for that future performance patch.

(It's about the same in both modes currently. I can only compare to Windowed (Fullscreen) performance prior to the patch since I didn't use Fullscreen.)
Thank you so much for fixing! The game looks gorgeous again and I'm not having any performance issues with rendering or gameplay. Appreciated.
sad that the OpenGL is not yet fixed. Still cannot see AOE and other ground effects. Hoping very very soon!
Is anyone else experiencing significant FPS drops? I'm at 1 on my settings with my render scale back to 50% because it's bringing me to about 5 FPS during raid.
THANK YOU! Windowed and Windowed Fullscreen are back (appearancewise) to where they were before 7.3, and the CMD-TAB for true Fullscreen makes it much easier to switch between the game and my other apps.

I have noticed an FPS drop if I run at Render Scale 100 compared to pre-7.3 in the Windowed modes, but if I run it at 80 or below, it doesn't seem to change the image quality dramatically and it restores my FPS.

This is a huge step in the right direction - I feel like I have my game back after a week of trying to figure out something to make it playable.
Alrighty back to normal with 24970! Thank you tons Rommax and all the devs that worked hard getting this fixed asap!

P.S. I am showing high FPS using the in game FPS counter however I am seeing slower performance for some reason screen tearing and not smooth animations like I was in 7.2.5. Just food for thought.
The performance is actually worse for me after the fix in full screen even compared to this morning. And of course so much worse than 7.2.5. I have to drop to graphic setting 4 to get ~30 fps whereas in 7.2.5, I was able to run 7 and get ~50-60 dps. 2017 15“ MBP.

The game is basically unplayable and trash now.
The performance is actually worse for me after the fix in full screen even compared to this morning. And of course so much worse than 7.2.5. I have to drop to graphic setting 4 to get ~30 fps whereas in 7.2.5, I was able to run 7 and get ~50-60 dps. 2017 15“ MBP.

Similar issue - it looks great again (and thank you for listening to us and working on this!), but I'm getting about half the frame rate as I was getting in 7.2.5 - why is this?