Do you report people in trade chat?

General Discussion
09/02/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Kusobera
09/02/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Invisibles
oh wow forum nerds are the same ppl who report in trade chat

wouldnt have seen that coming
I love it when the people that got reported come to the cs forums to cry that their silence is unfair. Just let's me know it works.

The wonderful things about a thesaurus, you can curse someone out with an element of education, while not getting silenced. Providing of course, it's not a racial insult.
Only gold sellers don't really care about what other people do.
I always have trade chat turned off. It's never used for it's intended purpose anymore.
The acronym 'kys' if used will get an instant report from me.
I have had tradechat turned off for over a decade. So no.
09/02/2017 04:49 PMPosted by Meatbicycle
mythic plus carries for gold

This is not TOS breaking.

Anyway i stopped reporting because if you report too much you will be DC'd for "Abusing the report function."
Sometimes, I like to break up guild spam with nickelback lyrics. Just so you can remind me, of what I really am.
I rarely had a reason to report people in trade until I played on the server Emerald Dream for a little. Been playing on and off (on various servers) since vanilla and that server was incredibly toxic and vile, full of very racist & homophobic trolls. Entire guilds were regularly aggressively and publicly harassed too.... so glad to be gone!

I left for Proudmoore where they told "PEOPLE LIKE ME" belong. LOL

I have no idea whatextent of punishments result from reporting people in trade who spam racial slurs are but hopefully they got something.
09/02/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Shippujinlai
if you report too much you will be DC'd
No, that's actually a stubborn bug they haven't squashed yet.
Yes, I report gold sellers and Trump supporters.
09/02/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Threa
Yes, I report gold sellers and Trump supporters.

Too bad the latter isn't punishable. Though I remember the same conversation happening the last 8 years as well.
Someone goes out of line (makes you go "What the hell?") - Report Language

Anal Spam? Report Spam. Won't do anything to the casual people joining, repeat offenders might get a warning though if enough people report them.

Only time I've really OPENED A TICKET on this person is because they would intentionally bait people into political flame wars and get the fire going and keep it going. Every day. Every hour. I am not kidding. I was happy to see them actually get a vacation and then they stopped doing it.
/2 chat on my realm died back in 2013 when they discounted realm transfer costs. even after connecting to another realm trade chat hasn't had anything report-worthy whenever i am able to see trade chat
09/02/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Shippujinlai
09/02/2017 04:49 PMPosted by Meatbicycle
mythic plus carries for gold

Anyway i stopped reporting because if you report too much you will be DC'd for "Abusing the report function."

They spam often enough to be reported.
09/02/2017 10:12 PMPosted by Meatbicycle
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They spam often enough to be reported.
yeah, they get silenced quite a bit on the group finder, judging by the complaints we get in the CS forums every once in a while.
Yes, I do. The immature name calling, profanity, political trolling, racism and bigotry have no place in this game. I'll report anyone behaving that way and I applaud anyone else that has also gotten fed up with the nonsense taking over Trade. Blizzard really needs to step it up and start perma banning some of these people instead of a slap on the wrist and multiple chances to be a better human.
If I see someone breaking the rules, yes I report it. I don't really care what they think or what they think of people who report people. Since I don't announce it, they'll never anyway.
09/02/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz
Yeah, I'll report them, and I don't care what they think either.

This exactly^

They are free to speak whatever they want but consequences is theirs to bear