Upcoming Change to Argus Waystones and Invasion Points

General Discussion
Hey all,

I wanted to give you a heads up that we are currently testing a hotfix aimed at addressing some player concerns with Argus Waystones and Invasion Points.

First, will be removing the Argus Waystone currency entirely. Players who currently have Argus Waystones will be compensated with a small amount of Veiled Argunite.

The weekly quests that previously required Argus Waystones will now require players to simply complete three Invasion Points.

We will also be increasing the cap on Veiled Argunite to 2,000 from 1,500, to make sure there are no issues with any of these changes - this will also act as a small quality of life increase for those of you seeing yourselves at the currency cap.

Thanks for all your feedback so far on Invasion Points, and we'll see you on Argus!
And invasions are now unlocked for your alts as well so you don't have to do the same two hour quest line 12 times just to do the world boss.
09/08/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I wanted to give you a heads up that we are currently testing a hotfix aimed at addressing some player concerns with Argus Waystones and Invasion Points.

First, will be removing the Argus Waystone currency entirely. Players who currently have Argus Waystones will be compensated with a small amount of Veiled Argunite.

The weekly quests that previously required Argus Waystones will now require players to simply complete three Invasion Points.

Excellent move, this addresses the only systemic bug I'd encountered with invasion points as a whole. Thank you for this!
09/08/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Happysmiles
And invasions are now unlocked for your alts as well so you don't have to do the same two hour quest line 12 times just to do the world boss.

Is this an actual truth or a wish?

Ya I have done it on 4 alts so far and it is horrible.
Woohoo! :) Thank you!

Hoping this is true, but I feel like it's not.. :c

This would be something amazing.
09/08/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Tilly

Hoping this is true, but I feel like it's not.. :c

I have to believe, based on many precedents, that all the character-locked elements of Argus (WQs, invasions... the frickin flute) will become account wide by or at 7.3.5.

We're still in that also precedented "you're not supposed to care about your alts yet" phase that WoW seems to like to impose at new releases.
quest line 12 times just to do the world boss.

You won't do a quest line on 12 toons.
But you will be doing world bosses on 12 toons?

Why are you perfectly okay with repeating the latter but not the former?
09/08/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Whitecrow

Because honestly, the quest line was fun once and really repetitive after that.

It's lots and lots of roleplay, walking, and getting backstory... That is identical the 8th time through. Listening to Velen and Hatuun argue for 2 minutes while you wait for your quest to complete doesn't add anything.

Playing through invasions on different alts is a lot more dynamic than that.

Oh thank god but ill still do the quests they give good gold
Wow, I'm honestly impressed. And thank you.
I like it. One less currency to have to grind for.
It would be very nice if this quest popped like the invasion quests in broken shore when you enter Argus for the first time in a week.
09/08/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Whitecrow

Because one takes 5 minutes per alt, the other takes 2h per alt.
Can you also make invasions automatically group people, like LFR or Dungeon Finder? That would be great.

Probably should have added a "/s" at the end since it seems some people are taking it seriously.
09/08/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Caughtshort
Can you also make invasions automatically group people, like LFR or Dungeon Finder? That would be great.
Neat? What was this currency again? I did the invasions and didn't even notice it. Oh well, now I can ignore it more. Thanks I think.

Also please ignore the people asking for auto-grouping. What if I'm in a queue, or already in a group, and don't want to join yours? No thanks please, they're just fine as is.