Upcoming Change to Argus Waystones and Invasion Points

General Discussion
09/08/2017 12:39 PMPosted by Thalandred
09/08/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Happysmiles
And invasions are now unlocked for your alts as well so you don't have to do the same two hour quest line 12 times just to do the world boss.

Is this an actual truth or a wish?

It's a wish.
I have several alts who have made progress towards 15 waystones, but aren't quite there yet. I'm one invasion away on some of them. I really hope that when the fix gets pushed, I don't get my progress reset to doing 3 more, on every alt...

Can we get some warning when the fix will be pushed, so people in my position have time to get their quest in before losing all the progress they'd made? Or, just push the fix at the weekly reset?
09/08/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I wanted to give you a heads up that we are currently testing a hotfix aimed at addressing some player concerns with Argus Waystones and Invasion Points.

First, will be removing the Argus Waystone currency entirely. Players who currently have Argus Waystones will be compensated with a small amount of Veiled Argunite.

The weekly quests that previously required Argus Waystones will now require players to simply complete three Invasion Points.

We will also be increasing the cap on Veiled Argunite to 2,000 from 1,500, to make sure there are no issues with any of these changes - this will also act as a small quality of life increase for those of you seeing yourselves at the currency cap.

Thanks for all your feedback so far on Invasion Points, and we'll see you on Argus!

Thank you.
Very happy about this! Waystones were the only thing I didn't like about the invasion point system, otherwise it has been one of my favorite things about Argus!
Awesome, thank you! Now if we could just get auto grouped in invasions, they'd be perfect.
09/08/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Tamiller
I have several alts who have made progress towards 15 waystones, but aren't quite there yet. I'm one invasion away on some of them. I really hope that when the fix gets pushed, I don't get my progress reset to doing 3 more, on every alt...

Can we get some warning when the fix will be pushed, so people in my position have time to get their quest in before losing all the progress they'd made? Or, just push the fix at the weekly reset?
We're working to hotfix this with weekly resets on September 12.
we'll see you on Argus!

Wait, you guys didn't remove the rep on the whistle upgrade? And here i thought I was going to get to do Argus at some point this weekend.
09/08/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Gigabear
we'll see you on Argus!

Wait, you guys didn't remove the rep on the whistle upgrade? And here i thought I was going to get to do Argus at some point this weekend.

Or you could not be lazy and just do argus. It's not meant to be easy.

It also doesnt help when your standing in the middle of trade district as a huge model and dancing.

Yeah, I saw you do that.
09/08/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Moomage

It also doesnt help when your standing in the middle of trade district as a huge model and dancing.

Yeah, I saw you do that.

But...this is how I have the most fun in WoW. I mean that's what I hearthed out of Argus to go do when I figured out I couldn't even do the emissary regardless.

Maybe instead of making the zone more travel friendly, Ornyx can just ask the devs about adding some new/better size buffs and I'll just go do that instead. I'd be making the game more fun for people instead of making myself more miserable.
For those of us who have done most of the lesser invasions so far (I think I've only missed one or two), will we be compensated for those Argus Waystones sitting in our mail as well? I've never quite understood how the currency transfer through the mail works
"You won't do a quest line on 12 toons.
But you will be doing world bosses on 12 toons?

Why are you perfectly okay with repeating the latter but not the former?"

Not sure if serious... You do comprehend the difference between completing a 2 hour quest line on 12 characters versus completing a 5-8 minute invasion on 12 characters correct? This is really not that hard to understand....
I'm almost capped at 40/40 stones. Is there anything I can do with them?
09/08/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Gigabear
But...this is how I have the most fun in WoW.

Blocking things is, "fun" for you?

I hate it when people make themselves so huge and get on the biggest mount they can just to be annoying.

It works, I always leave the area when people do that.
09/08/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Rhaen
the quest line was fun once and really repetitive after that.

And the world bosses wouldn't be in the same position after doing them 12 times over?
Heck, World bosses are a weekly affair. Not only will you likely be doing them on alts but repetitively on alts.

The questline is a one-off per character. Far less repetitive than world bosses.

Repetition simply doesn't seem to be the issue. If it is, you're going to have to better word why you believe the issue is repetition. When world bosses on alts are a far more repetitive affair.

09/08/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Atrus
Because one takes 5 minutes per alt, the other takes 2h per alt.

You only plan to do World bosses once per character?

Time investment, is an interesting argument.
But phrasing it as "it takes too long so let me skip" is less than convincing.

It's not like the questline is unrewarding. Opportunity cost is low. It has generous rewards for the time invested per character. It is also a one-off.

World bosses on the other hand, will probably occupy more of your time week after week as you keep participating.

If the argument is time invested, World Bosses will probably end up taking up more of your time in the long run. But this continued investment is less of a consideration , than time spent on a one-off questline?
09/08/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Whitecrow
09/08/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Happysmiles
quest line 12 times just to do the world boss.

You won't do a quest line on 12 toons.
But you will be doing world bosses on 12 toons?

Why are you perfectly okay with repeating the latter but not the former?

one takes 2 hours per character. The other takes 2 hours total
We will also be increasing the cap on Veiled Argunite to 2,000 from 1,500, to make sure there are no issues with any of these changes - this will also act as a small quality of life increase for those of you seeing yourselves at the currency cap.
That's nice and all, but... how about giving us something ELSE to do with those thrice-damned Veiled Argunite other than buying gear tokens? Like, how about making those gear tokens BoA so we can send them to our alts?

I'm constantly finding myself at VA cap, and so to stop constantly hearing that I "can't carry anymore of those" when I loot a chest or kill a rare, I just buy a random token, turn it into armor, then sell it back to get some meager gold.

Or let us use it to buy crafting materials. Hell, I'd go for 20 Empyrium for 250 Veiled Argunite, especially since I have to constantly play this "RNG on top of RNG" fest that is Jewelcrafting's prospecting.
09/08/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Glaivedancer
09/08/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Gigabear
But...this is how I have the most fun in WoW.

Blocking things is, "fun" for you?

Absolutely not. I was on the roof if I was using the larger models/mounts. I despise griefers who abuse size to harm other players. I'm all about making the game more fun for people who care about that stuff, not having fun at the expense of others. But I feel like this thread has been pulled off topic enough.

Suffice it to say that the hotfixes seem good for people already doing Argus. For those of us who still can't tolerate the zone in the first place, I hope more is coming.

I'm having no difficulty getting from point A to B mechanically. It looks much like the demons are all on one football team and I have the ball with 20 of them trying to stop me and I just march into their endzone anyway.

The frustration stems from that being an incredible uninteresting use of my time. Time which I'd much prefer was spent performing a productive activity like actually doing content(WQs, story quests, invasions).
You should really add into the hotfix where people who join same invasion get grouped up so our healer allies can heal us
Will this conversion include the currency that's clogging up my mailbox right now?
No more spamming my mailbox, thanks.