Xe'ra was right to lock up Alleria

General Discussion
Seriously I felt like watching a horror movie where you know the killer is behind the door and you want to yell at the screen not to open that door. I seriously wanted to yell at Alleria not to open that door. I hate being an observer on these quests where I don't want to help people do what they are doing, but I have no choice otherwise the story doesn't progress.
Oh hush, we both know Sylvanas would do the same exact thing if she existed outside of Stormheim.
Embrace the Void.
09/13/2017 05:52 AMPosted by Defiasbandit
Oh hush, we both know Sylvanas would do the same exact thing if she existed outside of Stormheim.

Yeah, but no one cares about Sylvanas.
Wait what. When did that happen?
Has made me worried this is all to bring the void to azeroth. I can also see the lines where it'll promote sylvanas a spotlight against her sister but there'll be no impact for the horde. :/
09/13/2017 06:19 AMPosted by Augustoc
...!@#$ you, I like what Alleria did, she's not afraid to dabble into the forbidden if it means attaining power to do what is right.

She's no better than Sylvanas now. After that cutscene, Alleria has no right to complain about her.
09/13/2017 06:27 AMPosted by Synk
...!@#$ you, I like what Alleria did, she's not afraid to dabble into the forbidden if it means attaining power to do what is right.

She's no better than Sylvanas now. After that cutscene, Alleria has no right to complain about her.

Do you realize all the evil crap undead waifu has done? Alleria isn't even close to being on her level of stupid.

Her complaint about Sylvanas seems to simply be that she leads the horde, the very faction (to her) that she fought against in Wc2.
Have you guys not realized the THEME of this patch which is light vs dark, hell for you lore nerds it is even referenced in-game. Turalyon is light....hmmmm I wonder who is going on the path to darkness.....

Power is a tool. What matters is how you use it, and Alleria has a lot of catching up to do if she wants to match Sylvanas' level of villain-in-plain-sight-ery.

Now, if the Void corrupts her, that's when we have a problem.
I kind of hope the Alliance do their holier then thou bit and shun her, making her seek solace in Sylvanas who ends up showing her humane side again in a kindred sister. Would make for a good relationship bump arc for her and Turalyon and would give some dimension to both the alliance their boring heroes.
we both know Sylvanas would do the same exact thing

Who? Just a sec.

*furiously flips through her journal to see who the heck this is*

Oh! That undead girl that showed up for a few minutes early on when he hit the Broken Shores and never heard from again! She's probably down at a bar with Mekkatorque getting hammered and complaining about how Blizzard won't give them screen time.

Yeah, she probably would tap into the power of the Void for a few lines. I wouldn't blame her either.
09/13/2017 05:35 AMPosted by Hamstar
Seriously I felt like watching a horror movie where you know the killer is behind the door and you want to yell at the screen not to open that door. I seriously wanted to yell at Alleria not to open that door. I hate being an observer on these quests where I don't want to help people do what they are doing, but I have no choice otherwise the story doesn't progress.

You know I felt it was all just kind of weird.

I mean Alleria feels it necessary to explain to me that she is in control of this new power boost. She conveys this message like I shouldn't worry about her diving into the void.

As if I wouldn't know anything about that.

Do you have a talking knife Alleria? Yeah that's right. I do. Gtfo.
lmao the game likes 'good characters going bad' way too much. This can be interesting in stories, but WoW over-does it.

To be fair, I felt it was less cliche how she said she's learning to control it and won't let it consume her. I was kinda expecting her to do something campy/over-the-top evil when she got possessed by the dark like on Buffy/Charmed/Angel/Supernatural lol but ... I mean everybody *does* have darkness in them naturally anyway- it's just how you deal with it that counts and the choices you make, and I think it would be more interesting if she can control it rather than give into it. Well, we will see anyway as those were just her words.

I have no problem with the story being so dark, but if *everybody* just turns bad in the end- why should I care if Azeroth gets blown up? I would embrace the Void as well. And maybe get a real life.
Whelp, we know one of the next raid bosses in the new expansion...

I'd like to see it be where these beings 'cursed with flesh' are capable of wielding these forces of Light and Dark.

I believe it was Alagon that commented how we did better at resisting the Old Gods' corruption than the constructs of the Titans

One is an undead hottie..I mean monstrosity. The other is a super hunter with a super paladin husband and normal paladin son and has been part of the Armies of the Light for 1000 years. I mean maybe she could have grabbed some light power? Maybe she just wanted to be a contrarian? Everyone else was going light, so she would go void.
09/13/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Sjs
I have no problem with the story being so dark, but if *everybody* just turns bad in the end- why should I care if Azeroth gets blown up? I would embrace the Void as well. And maybe get a real life.

I think Blizzard's problem atm is writing characters that have more then one dimension to them, and conflict more complex then "them bad guy, we good guys". People always rip on their writing but I think it falls into their 'rule of cool' that makes things come off as cheap or not well thought out.
All they did with her story, along with things Velen has said, is finalize the "balance" arc of light/shadow. Alleria even flat out said "There is no shadow without the light" when her new ethereal buddy told her to ditch Turalyon.

They are starting to treat light and shadow as if they are elemental forces that can be used for "good" or "evil" depending on the user. They are essentially setting up "good" shadow users (as opposed to "evil" shadow users like the Void Lords), and it's most likely foreshadowing into future expansion arcs. I felt this week's quests and the heavy introduction of new ethereal lore points that way anyway.

Personally, I don't know if I like that shift, but it is what it is.