Spec Tuning Coming Sept. 12

Class Development
1 2 3 7 Next
With maintenance on Tuesday, we’re going to make several spec damage tuning adjustments. Given the nature of the class changes we made in 7.3, we’ve not needed tuning adjustments through the first two weeks of the patch. However, one change that is coming this week is a bonus to the item level of your Artifact weapon when you activate the Netherlight Crucible. That bonus has a varying effect on certain specs, because not all specs’ abilities scale the same with the DPS of their equipped weapon. This is something that we’d like to address in the future, but for now, we can deal with it via tuning.

Furthermore, there are a few specs that we’d like to outright buff.

We’ll implement the following damage increases on Tuesday to account for the Netherlight Crucible:

Death Knight - Frost +4%
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3%
Druid - Feral +2%
Hunter – Beast Mastery +6%
Hunter - Survival +5%
Monk - Windwalker +9%
Rogue - Assassination +5%
Rogue - Outlaw +6%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
Shaman - Enhancement +3%

And as always, we’ll continue to keep a close eye on performance going forward.
Hmm. Any talk about the cd for RSK for WW monk to be baked into it so we can focus on current tier pieces and not rely on past teir pieces? Many posts about it from what I can see. Just curious.

EDIT: Not my posts, but a post I'm referring to.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758737275
HAVOC DEMON HUNTERS T21 is a joke please do not go live with this set. Please change the haste to crit or do something to change the T21 set all together to cater to all playstyles.

Please do not force us into demonic on Single Target fights.

People have simmed the set and we are losing damage, the set itself is a nerf to the class when we are already suffering in TOS. We are decent ST but we will not be after this change with the t21.
Why isn't Unholy seeing any buffs with this? It may be good now, but it scales as poorly with weapon damage as most of the classes listed here (not DH). This will only become more obvious as time goes on.

Frost will actually get more benefit from the Netherlight Crucible, which is fine, but this is conflicting logic.
Nothing for mages? lol Could we get something at some point in time this expansion? hell I would be happy with 0.5% across the board.

or maybe even a +5% chance to proc FOF
09/08/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Conj
Nothing for mages? lol Could we get something at some point in time this expansion? hell I would be happy with 0.5% across the board.

mages dont need any buffs O.o
09/08/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Èsdeath

Nor do frost Dks or havoc demon hunters but they are getting them, I get wrecked by them unless it is a realllly long fight and when they are in much lesser gear, I would just like to see a pure dps class have more then 1 spec above mid pack is all. If anything I really should shut up because we will get looked at and nerfed lol.
09/08/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Kaivax

*slow clap*

Finally!
09/08/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Conj
09/08/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Èsdeath

Nor do frost Dks or havoc demon hunters but they are getting them, I get wrecked by them unless it is a realllly long fight and when they are in much lesser gear, I would just like to see a pure dps class have more then 1 spec above mid pack is all. If anything I really should shut up because we will get looked at and nerfed lol.

Pvp Frost is OP but in Pve which is why i assume we are getting buffed frost is horrible and needed a buff
09/08/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Èsdeath
09/08/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Conj

Pvp Frost is OP but in Pve which is why i assume we are getting buffed frost is horrible and needed a buff

Idk about pvp I can not speak for that half of the game, But in PvE my alt frost Dk at 922 can easily keep up with my 929 mage. I think they are in a decent spot.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Idk about pvp I can not speak for that half of the game, But in PvE my alt frost Dk at 922 can easily keep up with my 929 mage. I think they are in a decent spot.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

Frost is a low spec in ToS while a fire mage is in the top Arcane mages also easly ahead of Frost. Frost mage also ahead but closes to the bottom with Frost Dks

Not trying to be a jerk, but your not playing the spec correctly. Trust me.
09/08/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Tatiana

*slow clap*

Finally!

idk why you are clapping, i cant tell if you're being sarcastic, but that buff wont do ANYTHING for us because everybody else goes up around us, leaving us right where we are......so....nothing to be happy about, at all
the buff is literally to negate the difference other classes will gain over us, because we wont get hardly anything from the increased ilvl
09/08/2017 07:03 PMPosted by Èsdeath
09/08/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Conj

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

Frost is a low spec in ToS while a fire mage is in the top

yea, fire use to be absolute crap, I don't trust blizzard when it comes to fire spec as in the past 12 years they have yet to balance it worth a dime and no one will contest that, one small change its either too OP or its complete garbage and if it is OP it'll be broken shortly.
As for the rest, that is just one spec man not everyone wants to play that spec as it may not be fun to them for instance, if you cleave to much on maiden in a pug due to ignite you get kicked cause if you have a lot of damage done to her I.E. 100 mil or so near the end and she dies early they look at this and kick you for it, frost wont cleave at all on the fight which is busted as all get out and then your numbers are lower cause everyone else is getting minor cleave in, and cleave damage is generally much higher then ST any day of the week for obvious reasons.

I just feel a bit left out that almost all classes (almost) got some major reworking throughout this expansion for 7.2 and in the mage forums we are all waiting and it never came for us we wasn't touched. Fire did at one point get a 6%buff however. Even then they was still only 3rd from the bottom. Either way i'm not here to debate or argue just a request to have my class looked at in someway shape or form and not just have it written off.

P.s. yea as for logs a lot of people are learning how to play with the breath build being broken now for frost, most don't have the cold heart chest yet. As for low numbers in ToS most Dk was breath build and had to run away a lot for mechanics and that ruined there dps as the tick rate of runic power was to much of a drain on them even with BiS leggos.
Keep in mind these are just band-aid buffs to account for the mentioned specs getting less of a total benefit from the Crucible than others. We'll still have a full "balance" patch (if they choose to take it seriously this time around) as 7.3.5 before Antorus releases.
09/08/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Bigmonk

Not trying to be a jerk, but your not playing the spec correctly. Trust me.

Idk, I follow Icy veins for the most part and personal experience, talents change from fight to fight for me so I can be a bit more optimal I do what I can with what I have. I do not raid mythics so maybe it is the difference in gear but I have watched DH and rogue open up at over 15mil on host and that is insane.
With maintenance on Tuesday, we’re going to make several spec damage tuning adjustments. Given the nature of the class changes we made in 7.3, we’ve not needed tuning adjustments through the first two weeks of the patch. However, one change that is coming this week is a bonus to the item level of your Artifact weapon when you activate the Netherlight Crucible. That bonus has a varying effect on certain specs, because not all specs’ abilities scale the same with the DPS of their equipped weapon. This is something that we’d like to address in the future, but for now, we can deal with it via tuning.

Furthermore, there are a few specs that we’d like to outright buff.

We’ll implement the following damage increases on Tuesday to account for the Netherlight Crucible:

Death Knight - Frost +4%
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3%
Druid - Feral +2%
Hunter - Survival +5%
Monk - Windwalker +9%
Rogue - Assassination +5%
Rogue - Outlaw +6%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
Shaman - Enhancement +3%

And as always, we’ll continue to keep a close eye on performance going forward.

You're seriously only buffing DH 3%? But WW who's preforming better in most ToS mythic encounters gets a flat 9%? WHAT?
Well, this should put Havoc comfortably on the bottom as the worst dps spec, since the specs below us are getting bigger buffs. With our awful T21, we'll fall even further behind. I guess we hope for a better buff down the line.
09/08/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Pwnykeg
09/08/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Tatiana
*slow clap*

Finally!

idk why you are clapping, i cant tell if you're being sarcastic, but that buff wont do ANYTHING for us because everybody else goes up around us, leaving us right where we are......so....nothing to be happy about, at all
the buff is literally to negate the difference other classes will gain over us, because we wont get hardly anything from the increased ilvl

It's called sarcasm.
I will tell you a change all of us can agree with, Make it in (PVE ONLY), that if someone interrupts right before you and you go to use yours it will fail, this way they aren't wasted lol... 24s cd just to be wasted is a PITA.