Void Hunters Confirmed? Alleria Cutscene

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
With the events of the new Dungeon makes one think a Range hunter style class that harnesses the void in new found ways may one day set foot. Alleria Windwalke is now one of the first Void Hunters within World of Warcraft Lore. maybe not even one of the first there may be others before her or maybe she is indeed the first of many.. her path is much like that of Illidan.

This reminds me much of Illidan story.

Warlocks harness the fel yes but do they truly harness it?

Demon Hunters harness Fel to its fullest ability.

If you did the Lights Heart quest chain the Blackrook Hold scenario, Illidan mocks one of the warlocks saying that the fel is stronger however they use it clumsily.

So in a sense the same rule apply with Shadow priest sure they tap into the void but are they truly able to harness it to its full power? Likely No.

So far we know that a void Hunter would need a strong sense of will to overcome the shadow to remain them self and to not let the void consume them.

So a Hunter style range class thatr harnesses the Void may prove to be quite cool.

Only 1 class in-game uses Bows/Guns, many classes namely Melee & Range generally share the same weapons so why not include a new bow/gun class that has a different play style than a standard hunter?

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/news=269536/patch-7-3-alleria-reunion-and-void-cutscene-spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ii1-JEPHGw New more in Depth Cutscene, overall this is evidence of a new possible Void Hunter Class.

Remind you of Illidan plot in anyway? If we are going to confront the Void than we need Hunters who know how to harness and control its influence much like how the Demon hunters control the Fel.

Edit: Why do people assume a Void Hunter would be a melee? Does Alleria melee heck no.

Alleria will be the first Void Hunter/ Is.

She like a Illidan 2.0
I think the game probably needs a healing/tanking class more.

So you're probably right - we'll get a pure DPS class next.
09/12/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Snowfox

And a melee at that
If blizz adds another melee spec.. they clearly don't know what they are doing.
Some sort of Dark Mage would be cool. It would fit with what the next expansion will likely be themed(void lords/old gods) and could use Void powered spells. The same aspect as Demon Hunter, use their own weapons against them.

Edit: This is just theorizing, I highly doubt blizz would add another class in the next expac.
"No more hunters!"

Literally every single new class that has come out since BC has been healing and/or tank.

I think range dps needs more love and is long overdue.
09/12/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Averax
And a melee at that

That uses agility leather.
09/12/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Legiondary

Literally every single new class that has come out since BC has been healing and/or tank.

Uh, no...
Death Knights were tanking + dps.
Monks were tanking + healing + dps.
Demon Hunters are tanking + dps.

We've never had a new healing + tanking class. It's always been a dps + tanking class, and -once- also healing.

Although, now that I think about it.. every class always has a dps spec... always... and probably what we need next IS a healing + ranged dps class.
09/12/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Divayne
09/12/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Averax
And a melee at that

That uses agility leather.

we need more agility leather melee users!

but this time, they can use MACES!

the last 3 classes added to the game have all been tanks, monk being the only tank/healer added.

THe game has not had a range added.

So its deferentially going to be a range
09/12/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Snowfox
09/12/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Legiondary

Uh, no...

We've never had a new healing + tanking class. It's always been a dps + tanking class, and -once- also healing.

Although, now that I think about it.. every class always has a dps spec... always... and probably what we need next IS a healing + ranged dps class.

Every class will have a DPS spec
09/12/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Wolfráge

the last 3 classes added to the game have all been tanks, monk being the only tank/healer added.

Yeah, I updated my post after to say what we probably need is a healer + ranged dps class next.

.. but.. the cynical side of me thinks that means we'll ACTUALLY get another tank + melee dps class.
09/12/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Wolfráge

the only reason every new dps spec has been melee is because there were more ranged dps at the start than there were melee, and if they hadn't made survival a melee then it'd be an even split of melee/ranged
We need a damn "hero" Healing class.

Tanks and DPS can CHOOSE to start at 55 or 100.....

only healers have to start from 1 unless you pay Blizz money
09/12/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Snowfox
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Uh, no...

I took your original post to mean we need more tanks or healers. I pointed out that every class that has come out since bc has filled tank and/or heal role. "and/or", not "and" only. So sure, tank has gotten more love than heals over time, but that don't mean heals hasn't gotten any love (monk).

And yeah, sure, every single one of those new classes has also filled dps. But they've all been melee dps. So out of all the roles, I think range dps has gotten the least (no) love at all, which was my ultimate point.

Do I think heals needs more love? ehh.. there's 5 healing classes already. Not sure how much more blizz can expand this, but I will agree with this followup point from Candieland:

09/12/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Candieland

And yeah, sure, every single one of those new classes has also filled dps. But they've all been melee dps. So out of all the roles, I think range dps has gotten the least (no) love at all, which was my ultimate point.

I don't disagree with that.

I think we need more healing + ranged dps love.
09/12/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Snowfox

I don't disagree with that.

I think we need more healing + ranged dps love.

I think reading your edits/followup posts we can both agree on this, that the next class should be a heal/rdps hero class.
09/12/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Candieland

Thats just because healing is rewarding in its own way.

Pfffffft! Hahahahaha!
I vote for scrapping Surv as a melee spec and rebuild it as a healing spec. Survival sounds like a perfect name for a heal spec too!