Versatility on cloth raid gear.

General Discussion
Blizzard can you stop please with putting versatility on cloth raid gear? please? No clothy is a tank, none of us stack it or use it, and it is basically just wasted stats on us on what otherwise could be a great piece of gear. The low numbers we manage to get away with having aren't high enough to do enough for us to make it worth losing the damage, or healing we would gain by a more useful stat like mastery, haste, or critical strike.

Put it on the cloth pvp gear all you want. Just stop putting it on cloth raid gear.

Edited for clarity, my main is an affliction warlock but due to a recent server xfer isn't available to post from.
Oh nvm I found my lock.
How about no.

It sims as second best stat on my mage.
09/13/2017 01:37 AMPosted by Magickahl
The low numbers we manage to get away with having aren't high enough to do enough for us to make it worth losing the damage, or healing we would gain by a more useful stat like mastery, haste, or critical strike.

[/quote]

And thats why it's there, it's a "keep you on the hamster wheel " stat.
09/13/2017 01:43 AMPosted by Looneyluna
How about no.

It sims as second best stat on my mage.

Then they can put more of it on mage tier. as far as a warlock or priest is concerned, it is wasted stat space. We don't need it on our tier.

Nice mog by the way, I can't wait to get the mythic warlock helm appearance, it would complete my mog.
I got a 930 critic/verstility gear from a world boss hahaha

Gonna use it for bag ilvl or equipped ilvl as it gets me over 920 :P
I think every single arcane mage would like to have a word with you.
Pawn: v1: "Diabolickahl - Affliction (Raidbots)": Class=Warlock, Spec=Affliction, Intellect=17.99, CritRating=26.46, HasteRating=28.77, MasteryRating=24.24, Versatility=22.13 )

six and a half dps difference per point between your best ( haste ) and vers . -- so not really a big difference
Almost every piece of have gotten from RNG crystals and nethershards was vers gear. Man... can we just have multi strike back?
09/13/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Kígo
I think every single arcane mage would like to have a word with you.

Glacial Spike frost mages probably do, too.
People who whine about versatility probably have never even ran a sim to know what their stat weights actually are.... they just repeat the parroted "versatility sucks" that everyone else who doesn't know jack about weights and how they effect other stats goes around spewing.
09/13/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Arthurius
People who whine about versatility probably have never even ran a sim to know what their stat weights actually are.... they just repeat the parroted "versatility sucks" that everyone else who doesn't know jack about weights and how they effect other stats goes around spewing.

I generally get the sense that the people who whine about versatility on gear got their stat priority from Noxxic, have only ever played one spec (which also doesn't benefit from it) and don't raid beyond the heroic level.
Versatility is probably not as bad as you think it is, unless you are already over-weighted in it. If you've made a huge point of completely avoiding it until now, it is possibly your best stat for the moment until you get at least a certain amount.

Bottom line, sim it for yourself before being sure you're disappointed with it.

Also, it's time to move on past "there's only two good secondary stats for my spec." The math is more complicated than that and sims like Ask Mr. Robot do a much better job of showing the fuller picture now.
09/13/2017 03:17 AMPosted by Brialam
Versatility is probably not as bad as you think it is, unless you are already over-weighted in it. If you've made a huge point of completely avoiding it until now, it is possibly your best stat for the moment until you get at least a certain amount.

Bottom line, sim it for yourself before being sure you're disappointed with it.

Also, it's time to move on past "there's only two good secondary stats for my spec." The math is more complicated than that and sims like Ask Mr. Robot do a much better job of showing the fuller picture now.

This^

People seem to not realize the impact stats have to OTHER stats and to talents / etc... dramatically avoiding one stat will in most cases make that stat worth a lot more, to the extent of actually lowering your potential output if you don't have at least a min amount of said stat... stats have a "balance" point that constantly fluctuates dependant on other stats, not just plow everything into 1 or 2 stats (with maybe the exception of Havoc DH's and crit lol)
09/13/2017 02:22 AMPosted by Sulakin
Pawn: v1: "Diabolickahl - Affliction (Raidbots)": Class=Warlock, Spec=Affliction, Intellect=17.99, CritRating=26.46, HasteRating=28.77, MasteryRating=24.24, Versatility=22.13 )

six and a half dps difference per point between your best ( haste ) and vers . -- so not really a big difference

my best stat is Mastery.
Vers is a balling stat.

That being said there's like, what 6 things you can get on gear, and you get 2 per piece so you have pretty decent odds of there being Vers on your gear.

That's how probability works.
Honestly I'm ok with Vers, as once I reach Shatter's crit cap it becomes my 2nd best stat.

Not ok with Mastery on everything though. It's my worst stat by far (until I reach Shatter's crit cap, which then makes Crit a bit worse) but all my gear and my Artifact Weapon have it.
09/13/2017 02:32 AMPosted by Lillithia
can we just have multi strike back?

You have crit.

What's the difference between crit and multistrike?

They both just do extra damage.
09/13/2017 01:49 AMPosted by Diabolickahl
Then they can put more of it on mage tier. as far as a warlock or priest is concerned, it is wasted stat space. We don't need it on our tier.

Why is this different from any and every other case of "X stat is bad for my spec, I don't want it on gear" since forever? I've always had secondaries I didn't prefer on a few of my tier pieces.
09/13/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Arthurius

If a stat is not #1 or #2 or part of a tie for #1, it's a crap stat that I will go out of my way to avoid outside of tier and legendaries. And versatility is not #1 or #2 for any spec that I play.