Fel-Touched Shards.

General Discussion
Where are they?

I've heard stories about this elusive glyph since I started playing again.

I've still yet to see it.

I heard the recipe was released in 7.3.

But I still cant find the glyph or a person who can make it.

I'm a sad panda.
Might be one of those "no guys we totally released it I promise"
But in reality
"Oh !@#$ guys we forgot to release it, just patch it in next month they'll be fine"
i had it until yesterday, dropped from a world boss in 7.3. i think blizz didn't mean to make it available--and quietly removed mine in a hot patch. still got 2 of them for sale in the AH.
A note on this, as it may be the cause of the confusion here -

We had a bug in 7.3 that caused the Glyph of Ember Shards to be converted to Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards in the Inscription window. While we worked on a fix, we temporarily disabled Inquisitor Vethroz from dropping the new Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards recipe. We’ve now hotfixed the Glyph of Ember Shards back for people who had it in 7.2.5, and scribes can use the recipe dropped from Kil’jaeden again. We’ve also added Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards back as a drop from Inquisitor Vethroz when he next spawns.

Unfortunately we were not able to restore Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards to scribes who had it legitimately from the rare prior to us disabling the drop. However, all scribes should be able get it relatively quickly from Inquisitor Vethroz on Argus.

Thank you for your patience on this issue!
09/15/2017 03:14 PMPosted by Ornyx

We had a bug in 7.3 that caused the Glyph of Ember Shards to be converted to Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards in the Inscription window. While we worked on a fix, we temporarily disabled Inquisitor Vethroz from dropping the new Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards recipe. We’ve now hotfixed the Glyph of Ember Shards back for people who had it in 7.2.5, and scribes can use the recipe dropped from Kil’jaeden again. We’ve also added Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards back as a drop from Inquisitor Vethroz when he next spawns.

Unfortunately we were not able to restore Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards to scribes who had it legitimately from the rare prior to us disabling the drop. However, all scribes should be able get it relatively quickly from Inquisitor Vethroz on Argus.

Thanks for the update. I almost felt like my bug reports about both these techniques missing were lost forever.

To further update, I do NOT have the technique for Ember Shards back, I logged out and back in, it's still gone.

I will go get both of the techniques again.

Killed Kil'jaeden again, got the technique from the loot as well as in the mail.
Killed Vethroz, no drop for me. I'll try again tomorrow.

Are you going to make soul shards visible to other players?
is it a bug they dont
If so will you fix it?
is it intended?
if so why?

It is so sad to have these glyphs, and not know at all that these only show for you

Can you guys fix the bug with the shard glyphs that make the shards fly too high in the air when you are mounted? It looks silly.
You're expecting too much of them. Nazak the Fiend, a world boss who is the ONLY source of an Alchemy formula, has spawned only once in the entire expansion. They have only recently acknowledged that this is an issue for the overwhelming majority of alchemists, but they seem to be saying that it will spawn at some later date, maybe. Or maybe not.
Ugh, there goes my exclusive on my server. I guess the price will be dropping in the next few days.
09/16/2017 04:42 AMPosted by Spagetti
Ugh, there goes my exclusive on my server. I guess the price will be dropping in the next few days.

Big time price dropping.
However, all scribes should be able get it relatively quickly from Inquisitor Vethroz on Argus.

So, what are the drop rates? Is there a minimum skill to make it drop?
Can we just GET burning embers back instead of this rubbish? at this point the devs are just being petty. Mean-spirited walking up to the border of returning it and laughing.

I don't have feedback, thoughts or anything left but complaints. Any valid point has been made better before me and even if I did have some new insight, it wouldn't begin to matter in the face of blizzards "vision"

At least we can finally get it.

But is Blizzard ever going to make it so shards are visible to other players? I mean mages get their fireballs flying around their head and we used to have the Verdant Spheres glyph that everyone could see on us. And will there be a fix for the obnoxious height of any of the embers when mounted?
When does this guy spawn? I've been checked every day, many times for a week. This seems so stupid. He is there last one I need for my achievement. And yet, he is never around. My guildie and I are not pleased.